Everyday more teen girls and boys are being educated about how they can prevent teen pregnancy. It has become an issue that teens are not aware on how to prevent pregnancy. For instance having easy access through programs and organizations for birth control and condoms will help with the rate of teen pregnancy. A great place to promote usage of protection during sexual intercourse is at high schools (Planned Parenthood). The more contraception is offered the more likely teens are to use protection to prevent pregnancy. Contraception should be available to the public for free. Therefore it is important to provide contraception and programs. New programs should be developed to increase the awareness of prevention. Slowly Oklahoma’s teen pregnancy rate is decreasing because of the increasing prevention use. “Part of Oklahoma’s decrease is due to economic recessions and mo...
... middle of paper ...
Brookings. N.p., n.d. Web. 7 May 2014.
National Conf. of State Legislatures. N.p., n.d. Web. 7 May 2014.
News9. N.p., n.d. Web. 7 May 2014.
Office of Adolescent Health. N.p., n.d. Web. 8 May 2014.
Planned Parenthood. Katharine Dexter McCormick Library, n.d. Web. 8 May 2014.
Tulsa World. N.p., n.d. Web. 7 May 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Baby Problems A baby brings new beginning to life, a new chapter to open but when you are young, they can be a struggle. Despite the fact that having a baby is a beautiful thing in life, having a baby at a young age can ruin your life. Teen pregnancy seems to be a big problem all around the world, but also in our city too. When being consider one of the highest city in Arizona for teen pregnancy that’s when you know it’s a big problem. Not only are those kids ruining their life by not finishing school and stop their future to raise their child, their also ruining others people life around them.... [tags: Adolescence, Pregnancy, Teenage pregnancy, Parent]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- The Problem of Teen Pregnancy Red and blue lights are flashing and the noise of the ambulance impels everyone to a point where they have to look outside and observe the situation, as if a mystical force was compelling them. From what they can see, the paramedic is holding a tiny hand telling her to hold on. As the stretcher rolls by, the onlookers notice a huge lump, or ball as a few may say, under the pallid cotton covers.... [tags: Argumentative, Pregnancy]
1608 words (4.6 pages)
- Teen Pregnancy: Not Just a Teen Problem Worldwide, girls are getting pregnant during their adolescent years. Many other problems result from this, so it is imperative for adolescents to be talked to and taught about the consequences of pre-marital sex. Although the percentage of teen pregnancies has been decreasing, this is still a prevalent problem throughout the United States. Several solutions can be beneficent to this problem, and they all coincide with Merriam-Webster dictionary defines an adolescent as: “a young person who is developing into an adult”.... [tags: Pregnancy, Teenage pregnancy, Sex education]
1641 words (4.7 pages)
- Most people are familiar with the popular TV shows 16 and Pregnant and Teen Mom (see figure1). There is a debate over whether these shows promote or prevent teen pregnancy. Both of these shows are glorifying teen pregnancy in many different ways. The teens that are put on these shows are paid. Another way that these shows are glorifying teen pregnancy is that the shows only film certain parts of what it is like to have a baby at such a young age. According to Indiana University, Bloomington, “heavy viewers of teen mom reality programs are more likely to think that teen moms have a lot of time to themselves, can easily find child care so that they can go to work or school and can complete hig... [tags: Teenage pregnancy, Adolescence, Pregnancy]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- To the parents that believe the infectious disease known as teen pregnancy doesn’t apply to their kids or it can’t possibly happen to your innocent teen, you 're sadly mistaken. Once your daughter or son reaches the age the teen years and their hormones begin influencing their minds, they will give in and engage in sexual activities. All adolescents are hormone driven, lustful creatures. The matter of teen pregnancy is growing at a rapid pace and it 's up to the adults of the world to put an end to it.... [tags: Adolescence, High school, Pregnancy]
793 words (2.3 pages)
- Teen pregnancy is a major issue in the world and is related to many different factors. In 2014, the World Health Organization (WHO) indicates that the average global birth rate among 15 to 19 year olds is 49 per 1000 girls (WHO, 2014). While, teen pregnancy rates have dropped 11 percent worldwide in the past years, pregnancy and childbirth in adolescents are the second cause of maternal and infant death (WHO, 2014). Adolescent pregnancy is a global issue, and nurses are the first in line to educate, prevent, and advise adolescents about complications to decrease the rates of mortalities and fetal abnormalities related to teen pregnancy.... [tags: Pregnancy, Teenage pregnancy, Adolescence]
1243 words (3.6 pages)
- Teen Pregnancy Teen pregnancy has been a problem in the United States for many years although it hasn’t always been addressed. During the 1950’s and 60’s teen pregnancy rates were at their highest peak. However, teen pregnancy was not acknowledged as a social problem at that point in time – a phenomenon known as social invisibility. Social invisibility occurs when a social network that normally connects a group to the larger society is disconnected, leaving the subgroup isolated. Later, during the 1970’s and 80’s while rates dropped off, teen pregnancy captivated the public, government, and media attention.... [tags: Teenage pregnancy, Pregnancy, Sex education]
1297 words (3.7 pages)
- “I hear Brenda 's got a baby / But, Brenda 's barely got a brain / A damn shame / The girl can hardly spell her name” (Brenda’s). This quote is about how a young teenage girl who is having a baby. This song is about a girl whose family does not really love or care about her, so she is basically out on her own in the world and does not know what to do. She ends up having sex with a close family member, her cousin, because he is forcing her. The song, “Brenda 's got a baby”, performed by 2pac addresses the issue of teen pregnancy, when analyzed using a cultural lens.... [tags: Pregnancy, Mother, Adolescence, Teenage pregnancy]
1365 words (3.9 pages)
- Teen pregnancy is no little problem. The numbers of teen pregnancies have begun to grow and are beginning to become a fairly large problem. Teen pregnancy is a situation that changes the lives of teens, teen’s parents, and families for the rest of the teen’s life. Teens do not fully understand the risks of intercourse and the amount that lives of teens will change after having children. To lower the percentage of teen pregnancies, society must encourage parental involvement, education, and available health programs.... [tags: Birth control, Pregnancy, Abortion]
1044 words (3 pages)
- Teen Pregnancy Introduction Is teen pregnancy a significant problem. There needs to be a change in teens decision’s on pregnancy. In today’s society, teen girls are getting pregnant because it is the new trend. In which, there are too many teen girls getting pregnant and dropping out of school because they are not able to care for the baby the way they should, reality television shows reveal sexual content in media, and teens are spreading STD’s because of unprotected sex. Background The U.S.... [tags: Pregnancy, Human sexual behavior]
1212 words (3.5 pages)