In a modern society when technology is developed so quickly, and it helps us contact everyone much easier, but there is a big issue that we can recognize easily. People are dependent on technology so much. People tend to focus on technology stuff with their social network than to talk to others who present in front of them, technology makes people less sociable, and ruins the connection between them, and it creates the isolation.
People are dependent on technology to do their things in daily life. In a normal morning when people wake up, and they suddenly take the phone right away just to check the information on their phones, it shows how people are under the control of their phones, especially in teenagers. Teenagers are addictive to their phones so much. They can put their faces on the phone for a whole day without getting bored. They always check their phones whenever they have a chance instead of doing something else. “Nearly 80% of teens in the new survey said they checked their phones hourly, and 72% said they felt the need to immediately respond to texts and social networking messages” (Wallace). Most of the teenagers feel uncomfortable without their phones in the pocket. For example, we can see immediately a lot of students in high schools or colleges who hold their phones and walk around the hallway. They try to walk near the walls so they won’t accidentally fall into someone else, and they can keep looking at their screens without getting a distraction. Teenagers focus on what are really happening on the social network than the reality. Teenagers can do anything with only their phones in hand, the latest technology in the phone helps them watch the movie online, read the magazines or newspaper...
... middle of paper ...
...ople believe isolation will be good because we can spend more time alone, and get distraction away to focus on something else, but the truth is they just make up some reasons for their behaviors, and they tend to get out of the society to be alone.
Technology is not bad if we can control ourselves. We can try to be less dependent on it. People need to balance their time on using technology and doing physical activities, so they can have a healthy social life.
Technology can create a bad result whenever people don’t use it right. The society is formed by the communication, and if we are dependent on technology so much then we will ruin everything that they need to be in the right place. We can become an emotionless person because we always put our faces on those screens. We lose our real-life relationship because of those superficial connections online.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Today the world revolves around different kinds of technology that are used for many things, some are necessary and some are not. Technology is a big part of our lives, and many would say we couldn’t live without it. Weather people like it or not technology is here, and it’s not going away. But a big question is; Is technology good or bad. Advancements in technology are bad For many reasons. Some are anyone who has a laptop can find someones personal information, people don’t get as much face to face interaction because they are always talking on the internet, and kids aren’t using proper grammar online, so they are losing their writing skills.... [tags: physical interaction, writing, identification]
696 words (2 pages)
- Is Technology a Good or Bad Thing Kelin Blakeney Technology has been a good thing over the years. The best thing technology has done for people is help keep from destruction lives. Technology is being used to make come into existence nuclear join by heating to help keep devastation from the earth. Billionaires such as Amazon starting person Jeff Bezos paypal joining starting person Peter Thiel have put about without care their money into a different join by heating development company, each with its own idea how to get answer to the join by heating out by hard thought.... [tags: Nuclear power]
1581 words (4.5 pages)
- The Good and The Bad of Technology In Our World Today I do not remember the exact moment that I first came in contact with a computer. However, my first memory that I do have is playing the game Madeline, from the children’s book and movie. It was my favorite pastime when I couldn’t play outside because of the weather. It was during this time when I think I first found my way around a computer. I learned where to insert the disk for the game, how to get it started up, and how to put the computer on “sleep mode” when I was done.... [tags: Mobile phone, Instant messaging, Text messaging]
1490 words (4.3 pages)
- Knowledge was once acquired by practice, patience, and persistence. Now knowledge is gained by a simple click of the mouse. From the days of the abacus, to todays most advanced super computer. There are good and bad aspects of technology. The internet is something that has revolutionized the way that we gain our information; it has taken the world by storm. At some point we must open our eyes and see the truth. We may be advancing our minds, but we are losing the inherent spirit that drives us. Almost every aspect of schools in our society has changed dramatically over the years.... [tags: Internet, World Wide Web, Writing]
880 words (2.5 pages)
- Throughout time people have been fascinated with the progress of technology, and have been trying to find ways to improve our society’s needs. In recent years we have been accommodating our needs with the use of technology to make our lives easier. Technology has also been helping humans combat diseases and many other life threatening obstacles people face. The advancement of technology as well of computers is only getting faster, and at this rate it does not look like it will be slowing down anytime soon.... [tags: Web search engine, Internet, Yahoo!]
754 words (2.2 pages)
- There are many tracking technologies that law enforcement are using in this day and age. Using newly developed technology may help law enforcement capture criminals much faster. Also, this enables officers to respond more quickly to a crime scene. Using some of these equipment can save a person’s life with a quick response. A lot of the high-tech devices are costly, but they seem to work in states that have a high crime rate. Technology has its positives and negatives but nothing is one hundred percent effective.... [tags: Police, Crime]
1959 words (5.6 pages)
- As time passes society goes through numerous changes and many go unnoticed. However, there is an apparent difference in relationships now versus relationships in the past. This is because of the use of technology, specifically social media and texting. These changes are seen in almost every aspect of relationships, from how they form, develop and sometimes even end. But the important idea here is not just the fact they have changed, it is the notion that the use of social media and texting is actually harming relationships more than it is helping them.... [tags: modern communication technology]
1501 words (4.3 pages)
- With the announcement of the new iPhone 7, and the continued release of new features and accessories, technological involvement in everyday lives is only increasing, and the continued technology use by young adults is only increasing. On the debate of teenage screen time, the debtors believe in one of either two conjectures, whether increased screen time is a good or bad thing. The debaters in the New York Times debate series “Teens Hooked on Screens” include, Danah Boyd, Chris Bergman, Brendesha Tynes, Marc Potenza, and Kimberly Young.... [tags: Technology, Internet, Addiction, Argument]
915 words (2.6 pages)
“Impact of Using Excessive Electric Devices and Educational Software’s in a Four Year College Education; Is It Good or Bad?”
- Technology has hugely impacted four year college education; most of the four year colleges are now relying a lot on technology. Most of the new technological devices and software’s are changing four year college environment. The main things that technologies added to four year college education are online college applications, educational software’s, online and hybrid courses . Online college applications, educational software’s, online and hybrid courses have advantages and disadvantages in four college education.... [tags: data/communication technology]
1381 words (3.9 pages)
- Should teens be limited to the amount of technology that’s exposed. We’ve all been or are going to be a teenager. There is no way to avoid it. Leisure has changed over time. The definition of leisure to any adult would be playing with friends in the street, doing some homework or maybe even working at a job. Today, it consists of texting on iphones/blackberries, watching T.V or going on social networks. Teens nowadays have Call of Duty, Jersey Shore, iPad and Facebook. It seems today that any teenager would agree that they can’t live without one thing: technology.... [tags: Technology ]
2109 words (6 pages)