There comes a time where as human beings we need someone physically here with us whether we need advice , support, or just someone to express our feelings to. A Text simply cannot equal to their physical presence, In Ashton Kutcher’s article “Has Texting Killed Romance?” he explains “But the reality is that we communicate with every part of our being and there are times when we must use it all. when someone need us , he or she needs all of us there’s no text that can replace a loving touch when someone we love is hurting.”I agree with Kutcher. I know this from my own experience. About a year ago I received a text from my best friend explaining that she needed me and that it was an emergency. It just so happens that my phone was dead and I had fallen asleep early that night.I received the text in the morning and then responded to later find out her brother had been brutally shot and murdered. Let’s hypothetically say I had received that text that night, there would have been nothing I could have done or said over text to comfort her. She needed me at that moment there right then and there, and this just proves a text will never compare t...
... middle of paper ...
...to be more reserved at first , we will read a text repeatedly 10 times to be sure thats the perfect response. Texting gives this freedom but it causes a conflict because that is not you. your first reaction in which you would have in person is you. Flaws are what make you, who you are, so Texting takes away from getting to know a person for their true personalities. Getting to know someone especially someone with special interest you simply cannot do over text.
Physically connecting with a person will never compare. A physical presence adds emotion, connection, and reality to any situation. Technology continues to advance and give us these digital alternate universes but the reality is it is all simulated and phony. Physically connecting and communicating with an individual is the reality of relationships.Imagine a world where we only communicated through technology.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As a young adult, I would roll my eyes at my parent’s stories of how primitive things were when they were children and how thankful I should be that the world was so much farther advanced than when they were young. I promised myself I would never make my children suffer through these drawn out stories. Now fast forward to 2010. My children have no idea how far technology has come in the last twenty years. I can appreciate these luxuries so much more; having grown up with no world wide web, no cell phones, and no text messaging.... [tags: Technology]
940 words (2.7 pages)
- Since thousands of years ago, human have been communicating to express their ideas or to exchange information. The development of this communication with the passage of time, as one part of technology development, has led to many of the greatest challenges facing societies worldwide today .This real challenge which resulted from the ways in which mobile communications have become easily affordable and accessible mean that is not a temporary phenomenon which will disappear. Modern methods of communication in this context can be defined as mobile communication technologies, which includes mobile phones, computers and the internet.... [tags: Communication ]
878 words (2.5 pages)
- ... When you are out having dinner with someone, it’s a place when you get to know one another little bit more not a place when you get to know each other by texting. This illustrates that there is no empathy there towards me and I can’t even get a face to face conversation with him for a couple hours. Face to face conversation is slowly unfolding and it must change. In recent discussions of digit technology and its impact on conversation and empathy a contentiously issue has been that digit technology has a negative impact of empathy and conversation.... [tags: Psychology, Emotion, Technology, Communication]
952 words (2.7 pages)
- Will humanity as we know it survive it 's obsession with advancing technology. Our expanding repertoire of increasingly advanced digital tools allows us to access and spread information around the world in real-time. Smartphones don 't just keep us constantly connected to the people in our lives, they grant us access to the whole of human knowledge via the internet. Computers have become so powerful and compact that most individuals in the modernized world are never without one; and in many cultures, they are the central means of communication, spreading information, and almost every other facet of modern life.... [tags: Globalization, Technology, Human, Evolution]
885 words (2.5 pages)
- However, in this modern world today, where life is more convenient due to the fast development of technology, it seems difficult to mention the disadvantages. Technology is being implemented in almost every section of life. People have become too dependent on technology that living without technological advances is almost impossible and difficult for them. They use technology to communicate, make food, banking, etc. The communication industry has witnessed a huge growth recently. Social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram have opened up a whole new world to everyone from different places.... [tags: Mobile phone, Technology, Text messaging]
1932 words (5.5 pages)
- Technology And Its Harm To future Generations Will the usage of computers in a classroom setting result in adverse effects on young future generations. No doubt, for years has this been an ongoing argument concerning the educational system. Because computer use is promoted in schools, and because computers are so ubiquitous, children have a great deal of exposure to them. Not everyone, however, is comfortable with the use of computers by young children. Educators, Professors, Parents, and School Board affiliates have each developed their own thoughts, opinions and concerns concerning this matter.... [tags: Technology]
1061 words (3 pages)
- ... I believe that this is a major problem, because although it seems like these digital forms of communications are dealing with our social anxieties, they are actually putting them off until a later time. These vulnerabilities and or social anxieties should be dealt with when we are young because they are an important step into growing as an individual, and developing a confidence in ourselves that would later allow us to connect with others in person. Again, I don 't think digital communication is a bad thing, but I do think we ought to spend more time engaging in face to face conversations rather than being online or texting.... [tags: Facebook, Instant messaging, Twitter]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- According to Dictionary.com, technology is defined as the “branch of knowledge that deals with the creation and use of technical means and their interrelation with life, society, and the environment…” (Technology). Examples of technology include, computers, iPads, iPhones, and iPods and others. These advancements in technology are being presented as a way to make our lives easier. The Nurses’ main niche is to provide care and emotional support to the patients. This care and support from the Nurses will improve the feelings of patient’s homesickness.... [tags: Medical Technology ]
1900 words (5.4 pages)
- Technology is produced whenever someone develops something that meets a basic human need. It is something that makes perfect common sense. Many people have experienced aha moments when a new invention is advertised. It is not unusual to wonder why one did not think of the idea oneself. However, the assumption that technology always equal progress is a fallacy. Technology can be detrimental, dangerous and aggravating. Americans have become increasingly less physically active. According to Ellen DeGeneres in This is How We live, “Modern life requires hardly any physical activity.... [tags: Technology Analysis]
960 words (2.7 pages)
- Computer technology is one of the most essential in the world of today. It has become an important tool in varieties applications. There have two main areas which based on the computer technology to accomplish in their systems, these are the data model and the data classification. In terms of The data modelling, it is a way to simplify the real system by using the abstract representation. Birta and Arbez (2007:p. 6) state that data modelling has replaced the real system by describing with a simple technical way instead of find out the results by using experiments.... [tags: Technology, Data Modeling]
1993 words (5.7 pages)