As mentioned previously, Taylor Swift recently spoke up about being a feminist but she has, in fact, been one all along. “As a teenager, I didn’t understand that saying you’re a feminist is just saying that you hope women and men will have equal rights and equal opportunities. What it seemed to me, the way it was phrased in culture, society, was that you hate men.” This is an understandable way for Taylor to have thought as society can make feminism out to be such (Hoby). When asked in 2012 whether she was a feminist, Taylor replied with “I don’t really think about things as guys verses girls. I never have. I was raised by parents who brought me up to think if you work as hard as guys, you can go far in life” (Frizell). That interview with Time wa...
... middle of paper ...
...should be her own role model. The woman that she wants to be in the future is whom she is working towards being. Recently, Taylor spoke up for women and shared that she is a feminist. She explains how she had never truly understood what being a feminist meant until she was older. She also explains how she thinks we should work to teach young girls what it means to stand up for gender equality. Opening the eyes of the youth is one of her main goals in being an influential leader. Taylor Swift is a name that will always stand with her main accomplishments and record-breaking sales and awards. But more importantly, Taylor will also always be known as a strong woman who was influenced by no one other than herself. She has the ability to change the world’s view of women and she has had an amazing start. Taylor Swift is the woman to watch if we want to see the world change.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- While Taylor Swift is a role model for her fans, she also has women that she looks up to. “I surround myself with smart, beautiful, passionate, driven, ambitious women. Other women who are killing it should motivate you, thrill you, challenge you and inspire you.” Though she is inspired and moved by strong women around her, she also makes one thing very clear. “The only thing I compare myself to it me, two years ago, or me one year ago.” With her main role model being who she wants to be, she still looks to other women as examples (Dickey).... [tags: Woman, Feminism, Women's suffrage, Taylor Guitars]
1638 words (4.7 pages)
- Today it is hard to imagine a female celebrity without seeing mental images of someone stumbling out of clubs, under the influence of drugs and alcohol, or exposing their skin. What has happened to the role models that were once defined by people like Audrey Hepburn, Mother Teresa and Eleanor Roosevelt. In between the chaotic mess of people like Miley Cyrus, Lindsay Lohan, and the Kardashians is an under-rated role model, Taylor Swift. Just at the age of twenty four, she holds the prestige of winning seven Grammy's becoming one of the greatest musical sensations.... [tags: role model, singer, music]
851 words (2.4 pages)
- News has spread all over the world. The famous Mitsogo Gabon Manioc Stamper has gone missing from the Museum of Natural History in Gabon. The children in Gabon ask their parents, “What is happening to our country?” The parents have no idea what to say to their kids. “What will happen to our ancestors because of the missing artifact?” More children ask. The accident is a still a mystery too many people. There is said that there is a cash reward for people who know what happened. If anyone finds the artifact the reward is three million dollars.... [tags: Creative Writing Essays]
2184 words (6.2 pages)
- ... Focusing specifically on the relationship between the artists Taylor Swift and Beyoncé Knowles-Carter and their typically female followers, an obvious difference can be found between their respective attitudes towards the role of women. Taylor Swift uses her virginal, good, pure, patriarchy-friendly lyrics to disempower women. Swift, in the majority of her songs serves as nothing more than a beautiful, blameless victim. Within the few songs where other women are mentioned, they are generally slut-shamed or viewed as mere obstacles standing in between Swift and her soulmate.... [tags: workforce, independence, songs]
821 words (2.3 pages)
- The Genius of Taylor Swift Taylor Allison Swift was born December 13th, 1989 to proud parents Scott Swift and Andrea Swift in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania (Taylor Alison Swift). From a very young age Swift proved to be a talented young performer while performing at various fairs, exhibitions, and recitals. Her parents recognized her ambition and decided to move to Nashville, Tennessee in order to pursue her career as a country artist (Taylor Swift). After many trials she was finally signed to Big Machine Records in 2004 and became the youngest artist ever to sign with a Sony records label.... [tags: Taylor Swift, Fearless, Billboard 200]
1736 words (5 pages)
- A positive role model is defined as a person who serves as an example of the values, attitudes, and behaviours associated with a role. To be a positive role model there are multiple characteristics one must have. To improve the organisation for the good of its staff would be a positive role models desire. They want the business to succeed and always be improving so that the staff can benefit, a positive role model shows commitment to the organisation and the staff. To be a positive role model one must have good judgment and have the ability to see the “big picture”.... [tags: Learning styles, Auditory learning, Role model]
1364 words (3.9 pages)
- A role model is an individual that one aspires to be like in the present or the future. Role models can be a celebrity or someone we connect with on a daily bases. In addition, there are several characteristics a role model should possess, such as: Moral, confidence, hardworking, respectful, optimistic and creative (Freddie, 2014). There are different types of role models in society today, who play great social roles. These are individuals who are prestigious and willing to help others find success as well.... [tags: Role Model Essays]
695 words (2 pages)
- Leadership has a different meaning for everyone. The ability to motivate, set good examples, and persevere through adversity are all parts of leadership. Some people may think that being a leader is only for a select amount people. I see leadership differently. I think everyone is capable of being a leader. There are also various ways that an individual can practice leadership. Obvious examples are the ability to speak, ability to motivate, and the ability to be a good role model. I see the ability of being a good role model and having good character as the foundation of leadership.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Role model, Want]
1453 words (4.2 pages)
- Taylor Swift’s “Shake It Off”, the first single off of her sixth album 1989, debuted at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in late August of 2014. Swift, whose start as a country-pop performer had thrust her in the limelight when she was sixteen, cemented her transformation from country sweetheart to pop superstar with the track and subsequent album. Dealing with the many criticisms she had faced over the years, particularly the sexist accusations that she was a serial dater and crazy girlfriend, the song’s universally-appealing message of resilience combined with its catchy and carefully crafted sound ensured its positive reception.... [tags: Rock music, Punk rock, Bass guitar]
1745 words (5 pages)
- Taylor Alison Swift was born on December 13, 1989. She is an American singer-songwriter, and actress. She signed with the independent label Big Machine Records and became the youngest songwriter ever hired by the Sony/ATV Music publishing house. The release of Swift 's self-titled debut album in 2006 was the start of her career as a country music singer. Her third single, "Our Song," made her the youngest person who single-handedly write and perform a number-one song on the Hot Country Songs chart.... [tags: Sigmund Freud, Psychosexual development]
1420 words (4.1 pages)