The book Infants, Toddlers and Caregivers: A Curriculum of Respectful, Responsive Care and Education lists out 10 principles that caregivers should pay attention to if they want to implement respect in their caregiving scenarios. 5 of these principles are “Involving infants and toddlers in things that concern them.” (J.G. Mena p. 5), “Learn each child’s unique way of communicating and teach yours.” (J.G. Mena p. 6), “Respect infants and toddlers as worthy people” (J.G. Mena p. 6),”Investing time and energy into building a whole person.” (J.G. Mena p. 6), and “Model the behavior you want to teach.” (J.G. Mena p. 6). This center completed the first, involving infants and toddlers, by means of routine work. I observed a care giver putting away laundry right as the children were waking up from their nap. One child was up and walking around. Ins...
... middle of paper ...
...appropriate books and relevant experiences related to listening, speaking, reading, and writing.” (J.G. Mena p. 195). Although this room focuses on the first two more than the last, due to the age of the children, they are actively supporting all four of those elements through making the area a language and literacy rich environment. They have many, many books available at all times for the children. They also implement learning in “teacher talk” to the children. It seems they are always asking the children questions and repeating words in their conversations to help with word recognition and formations. This helps the children understand and then use that new language. I scored the Listening and Talking section in the ITERS-R book an average score of 7 due to the amount of literacy and language rich elements in the conversations and in the environment of this room.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introductory Paragraph: City council members, I would like to thank you for your consideration of my expert opinion on creating a state of the art child development center at The Charlotte Community Center here in North Carolina. I have created activities as well as room set up and teacher implements for the Infant, Toddler, Early childhood, Middle/late childhood and Adolescent classrooms. My main goal is to create age appropriate areas and a program that focuses on cognitive, psychosocial, physical and emotional development with each of my planned activities.... [tags: Infant, Child development]
956 words (2.7 pages)
- In the film 28 Days, Sandra Bullock plays Gwen, a troubled alcohol and drug addict, who is required to complete 28 days in rehab or prison time after a troubled incident under intoxication. With prison being a choice nobody wants to take, Gwen chooses rehab in order to help herself stay out of prison and attempt to relieve herself from her addictions. Throughout her time in rehab, film viewers can understand a type of drug treatment program an addict can go through. In the film, the program features a way for addicts to change whether in the end they succeed or fail and have to try again.... [tags: Drug addiction, Addiction, 28 Days Later]
836 words (2.4 pages)
- Introduction The Bright Starz , preschool child development center is a nonprofit organization that established in October 05,2015, in the city of Aurora, Colorado to provide potty training for children boys and girls, from three years of age to the age of five. Cultural factors play a role in part in what age is appropriate to offer potty training for children, with. Some tribes in Africa start potty training at age 1-2 years and since our centre is serving the immigrant children, we need to pay attention to cultural issues.... [tags: Jean Piaget, Theory of cognitive development]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- In this paper the reader will be able to find a variety of different areas covered. A detailed summary of the movie 28 days directed by Betty Thomas in 2000 will start the paper. The diagnostic criteria of a psychiatric disease will be included along with rationales why the main character fits the diagnosis of disease. Included is the effectiveness or non-effectiveness of coping mechanisms. Pharmacological with classification and non-pharmacological treatments will be included in addition to discussion of ethical and legal issues.... [tags: Addiction, Drug addiction, 28 Days Later]
933 words (2.7 pages)
- I love a sunny day. Perhaps because I was born on an Island. The warmth of the sun on my skin feels wonderful to me, and I rather be hot than cold. Any day. My skin has been exposed to the sun rays since a very early age. The only thing required to go to the beach when I was growing up was going. We never wore sunscreen or protective clothing. If anything, in the teenage years when I became concerned about my appearance, I would lather myself up with baby oil to intensify a tan. Many times I mixed it with carrots to stain the skin.... [tags: Ultraviolet, Sunscreen, Squamous cell carcinoma]
1985 words (5.7 pages)
- Jerome Groopman's The Measure of Our Days is a compelling look at what we can learn about living when life itself can no longer be taken for granted because of severe illness. Jerome Groopman, M.D., one of the world's leading researchers in cancer and AIDS, is Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School, Chief of Experimental Medicine at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. His laboratory helped to develop the new protease inhibitors for the treatment of AIDS, and in January of 1998 his laboratory identified another gene that appears to play a role in breast cancer.... [tags: Illness Groopman Measure Days]
1035 words (3 pages)
- My Agency and My Role: Over the last few months I have had the opportunity to work with The University of Southern Mississippi’s Center of Child Development (CCD). The primary purpose of the CCD is to provide high quality educational and care services to children, 8 weeks to 5 years old. The center serves as an academic teaching and research facility for students and faculty across the university. This program is designed to enhance the development of the whole child. The program is also designed to encourage families to participate in a learning environment for their children that fosters optimal child development and provides a laboratory setting in which the university community can pursu... [tags: Developmental psychology]
1272 words (3.6 pages)
- Children are brought the child care development center to provide daycare for the working parent. Upon arrival, an assessment is performed on the children. Their hair is checked for the presence of lice. Their eyes, ears, nose, and mouths are checked for redness or discharge. The presence of a cough should also be noted. General appearance is assessed for cleanliness. Their shoes should be closed toes to protect their feet from injury. The children can be dismissed from the center for lice or presence of infection to prevent the spread to others.... [tags: Child, Childhood, Nonverbal communication]
1576 words (4.5 pages)
- California, I have found it, according to their state motto. A land plentiful in beauty. The north houses massive fields, ideal for harvesting the fruit of the vine. The middle of the state contains a massive hub for immigrants, a bridge made of gold, and buildings widespread. Down south there is an odd combination of Hollywood stars that own ten million dollar houses, while at the same time, only 80 miles south lies an area with a large Hispanic influence. Imagine multiple cultures encapsulated within a one and a half mile long pier.... [tags: Personal Experience]
654 words (1.9 pages)
- Weather is a fascinating subject. It is such an intricate and amazing process, which our mother earth goes through on a daily basis. All over the world, weather seems to be a very important aspect for our everyday lives. For instance; sunny weather can bring on a very harmonious and beautiful atmosphere, while cloudy and rainy weather can bring about tragedy. In 1998; the earth experienced an El Nino which brought on fierce weather, flooding, and hurricanes. Weather systems are very broad and detailed, so please; sit back and enjoy as I attempt to tackle the subject of weather systems.... [tags: essays research papers]
1515 words (4.3 pages)