God predicted that this would happen, and it did. This error was passed onto our unsuspecting generation as gospel fact. The justification for Sunday worship cannot be found anywhere in the Bible, and is simply a synthetic tradition. Keeping Sunday breaks God’s law, which commands us to keep the seventh day holy, Saturday. Only God can make a holy day. Saturday is the Sabbath and people are being misled into thinking that the apostles did not worship on Saturday, the Sabbath was changed at Christ’s resurrection, and that 2 Corinthians 3:7 teaches that the law written and engraved in stone “was to be done away.” People should be informed ab...
... middle of paper ...
... the best decision that people can possibly make. People need and should be informed about this mistaken belief.
"Ten Commandments". Encyclopædia Britannica. Encyclopædia Britannica Online. Encyclopædia Britannica Inc., 2013. Web. 14 Nov. 2013
The Bible, King James Version, Book 44: Acts. N.p.: Project Gutenberg, 2005. Web. 18 Nov. 2013.
The Bible, King James Version, Book 40: Matthew. N.p.: Project Gutenberg, 2005. Web. 18 Nov. 2013.
The Bible, King James Version, Book 42: Luke. N.p.: Project Gutenberg, 2005. Web. 18 Nov. 2013.
The Bible, King James Version, Book 43: John. N.p.: Project Gutenberg, 2005. Web. 24 Nov. 2013.
The Bible, King James Version, Book 47: 2 Corinthians. N.p.: Project Gutenberg, 2005. Web. 24 Nov. 2013.
Pohlsander, Hans A. The Emperor Constantine. New York: Routledge, 2004. eBook Collection (EBSCOhost). Web. 24 Nov. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Sabbath The Sabbath in simple form is the seventh day in a Hebrew week, starting Friday evening, ending Saturday evening but it is different for Christians, who celebrate the Sabbath on Sunday. However, in this essay I will be going further into the true meaning of the Sabbath, how it is presented in Mark’s Gospel and how different Christian denominations worship on the Sabbath.... [tags: Papers]
638 words (1.8 pages)
- The Sabbath The Sabbath (Saturday) is the Jewish holy day of rest it marks gods rest after creation of the World. Christians celebrate sun day as their holy day because Jesus rose from the dead on Sunday. Every Sunday is a celebration of the resurrection. For Christians, Sunday is the day on which time should be set aside for the worship of god. The Jewish Sabbath ================== Sabbath is a Hebrew word meaning ‘rest’. Sabbath is the day of rest in Judaism. It begins at sunset on Friday and lasts until sunset on Saturday.... [tags: Papers]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- The Sabbath The Sabbath has been around for hundreds and hundreds of years. Its been practiced by the Jews on the sixth day of the week ;Saturday; since the days of Jesus life and that’s the reason why you will not see out many Jews on the Sabbath as Jesus and God explained it’s the day of rest. Even though God rested on the seventh day (Genesis chapter 1-2) and not the sixth this being Sunday in our calendar, but to explain this the Jewish week starts with Sunday so Saturday is after all the last day of their week.... [tags: Papers]
867 words (2.5 pages)
- In both Judaism and Christianity, the Sabbath is a religious day of worship. Jewish people celebrate it on a Saturday and Christians celebrate it on a Sunday. It is a day of rest and worship. Christians celebrate it on a Sunday because that Is the day of the resurrection (Easter Sunday). Jesus was Jewish. He was a good Jew. Jesus worshiped in the synagogue on the Sabbath, but he used to come into conflict with the Pharisees, Jewish religious leaders, over many religious laws and customs.... [tags: Papers]
791 words (2.3 pages)
- The Meaning of Sabbath According to Mark's Gospel ‘Sabbath’ is a Hebrew word meaning rest – The Jewish meaning is ‘Shabbat’. Sabbath is the day of rest in Judaism. It begins at sunset Friday and last until sunset on Sunday. In the Ten Commandments the reason given for the Sabbath being a holy day is that after God had created the world in six days he had rested on the seventh. Jews keep Sabbath as a holy day set aside for God. It is celebrated at home, with a special family meal on Friday evening and with synagogue worship.... [tags: Papers]
579 words (1.7 pages)
- Jesus' Teachings on the Sabbath and Christian Life Today If it wasn't for Jesus' teachings, Christians wouldn't be here today. Christians came about because we believe Jesus is the son of God. Christianity came from the Jewish religion. The main difference is Jews believe the Messiah has not come yet. Jesus taught us to pray by going to worship in the temple on the day of the Jewish Sabbath. In our case a Sunday is our day of worship, which we do because of Jesus' example. He taught us the importance of worship.... [tags: Papers]
455 words (1.3 pages)
- The Meaning and Importance of the Sabbath to Christians According to Mark's Gospel The Sabbath comes from a Hebrew word meaning rest. It marks the day in which God rested after creating the world. It is the Jewish holy day of rest and worship. The Christian Sabbath is on a Sunday. It is a day we dedicate to worship. It is on a Sunday because it marks the day on which Jesus rose from the dead. This is a happy occasion because Jesus died to forgive our sins. If he hadn't done this, we would not go to the kingdom of heaven.... [tags: Papers]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- Within Exodus 31:12 - 18 Moses is told the importance of the seventh day by God, he is reminded that it must be kept holy. The significance of the sabbath is of clear importance to the Jews who are told, “Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death”. (Exodus 31:14) For Jews, defiling the Sabbath day is one of the top sins, only outranked by those of idol worship and murder, historically people have been stoned to death for committing this sin.... [tags: sabbath day, Moses, jews, exodus ]
1511 words (4.3 pages)
- How Jesus' Teaching on the Sabbath would Affect the Lives of Christians Today In this essay, I will be discussing how Jesus’ teachings on the Sabbath have affected Christians today. There are many different denominations of Christianity in today’s society; all of them have a different but similar way of worshipping God. Worship services vary from formal services with classical music and well-planned liturgical actions, to a small gathering just talking about God. There are various different Christian denominations that all celebrate the Sabbath in a different way.... [tags: Papers]
456 words (1.3 pages)
- How Jesus' Teachings of the Sabbath Would Effect the Life of a Christian Today Christians have many denominations, they are all believers of God’s teachings and there beliefs are all similar, however, they all interpret these beliefs in different ways. Some of the ways these religions interpret Christ’s teachings are that, Christians, believe that Jesus was the son of god and ascended into heaven after dieing for us on the cross so all our sins could be forgiven, his is why we celebrate our Sabbath on the Sunday, we do no work on this day and go to mass to keep it holy.... [tags: Papers]
593 words (1.7 pages)