Social media is impacting our society more than ever before through connecting people who live millions of miles away. It is an assembly of online channels that promote easy communication and interaction, based on certain communities. Many types of social media exist in the technological and modernized world today namely Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram. Social media is a great source of information for those who know the positive use of it.
Started almost a decade ago, the social media has overcome the internet by storm. It has been enhanced to support and project online optimization, marketing and advertisement; giving a boost to various industries and entrepreneurship. Although social media was created for the sake of entertainment, but the excessive use of it had converted it into a negative entity. In the conventional routine, social media has served as a platform where people of different school of thoughts and mindset get into clashes. The sharing of ideas and information is fruitful in one way, as the awareness is being spread across the globe, yet it might bring some complexities for the users. For instance a person engaged in a chat on a public forum may get involved in a social conflict due to the difference of opinion. A person sharing his thoughts rhetorically on twitter may face natural conflict. Similarly a person using too much social media may encounter technical conflict. Such conflicts can have a lasting effect on the individuals life if not timely solved.
The first source used for this task discusses the psychological reasoning of why a teenager tends to use the Facebook and social media sites. It will be used as the platform on w...
... middle of paper ...
...destep the channels they may ordinarily utilize when discussing their private lives. Besides, the information that is posted remains open to everyone. The photograph of taking pictures at a gathering may appear to be innocuous but the same picture may seem less alluring in the connection of a person who is in search of some kind of background information. While most of the online sites, permit their clients to control who sees the things they 've posted, such restrictions are frequently overlooked, can be hard to control or don 't function effectively.
To conclude, social networking sites are proving effective yet more harmful for our culture and society. Those who are frequent users of these sites must abstain from the illegitimate use in order to maintain the social balance and order and for the sake of personal and individual safety (Small Business - Chron.com).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction The Internet: Helpful or Harmful for Social Interaction. Tonight our main topic is interaction through Social Media websites via the Internet. People can become instantly connected with other individuals through texting, messaging, and on social networking websites on the Internet. The question is, however, whether these instant connections are helpful or harmful to social interaction. Some say yes and some say no. These connections can help people connect all over the world, the resources available to people on the internet are numerous and someone can connect with people they never would have otherwise, with the internet.... [tags: social media, modern communication technology]
823 words (2.4 pages)
- Tonight our main topic is interaction through Social Media websites via the Internet. People can become instantly connected with other individuals through texting, messaging, and on social networking websites on the Internet. The question is, however, whether these instant connections are helpful or harmful to social interaction. Some say yes and some say no. These connections can help people connect all over the world, the resources available to people on the internet are numerous and someone can connect with people they never would have otherwise, with the internet.... [tags: Dating Websites, Cyber Bullying]
1708 words (4.9 pages)
- Many people believe that too much time spent watching television or playing computer or video games can be detrimental to children’s development. However, video games can also be beneficial. Gaming, in moderation, helps improve cognitive skills, such as attention, vision, and multitasking. The experience of game play can be described as an activity in which the player is virtually embodied in the game world. Anyone who has experienced the world of gaming knows how the engaging experience can manifest itself with “sweaty palms and chills down the spine” (http://www.eludamos.org/index.php/eludamos/article/viewArticle/80/147) when coming face-to-face with alien creatures; or with the adrenaline... [tags: Entertainment]
1175 words (3.4 pages)
- The world is interconnected with technology that breaks the barriers of oceans and continents. The internet provided a new basis for communication and new ways for people to interact, with social media as the platform for it. Social media has an impact on a global scale, as it allows different continents to communicate with each other in just seconds. It allows people to connect and be social when they are not able to see each other in person. The impact of social media ranges from impacting people medically to economically, from businesses to helping third world cities, and how demographics is affecting who uses it.... [tags: Facebook, MySpace, Social network aggregation]
1963 words (5.6 pages)
- Many people living in America today involve themselves with several forms of social media. Due to emerging technology, it has become so easy to keep in touch with friends from the past, post pictures, statuses, and share endless information back-and-forth instantly and wirelessly from anywhere in the world. Social media websites have generated quick spread of information, helpful for family and friends, along with law enforcement and newscasters. It has quickly formed an overall connection with society and all public information and resources.... [tags: Social media, Twitter, Facebook, Communication]
1340 words (3.8 pages)
- Since the birth of the internet, technological advances to the current date have been a massive step. In our society today, everyone has some sort of internet connection with them. Whether it’s their smartphone, laptop, tablet or even a home desktop, it’s at the touch of their fingertips. All this instant access to technology has given birth to social media sites (i.e LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) as well as accessible apps to download on your phone to help you with most issues. As was a famous quote “there’s an app for that”.... [tags: Employment, Social media, Social network service]
775 words (2.2 pages)
- Many believe that too much time spent watching television or playing computer or video games can be detrimental to children. However, video games may also be beneficial. Gaming, in moderation, helps improve cognitive skills, such as attention, vision, and multitasking. When playing video games, the player is virtually embodied in the game world. The experience of gaming can manifest itself with many physical attributes, such as sweaty palms, chills that run up and down the spine, or an adrenaline rush of excitement.... [tags: Entertainment]
1031 words (2.9 pages)
- Social media should be given a total support as it is very advantageous and have become part of everyday life and they have brought revolutionary changes in communication between people. Social media has become the proverbial “tie that binds” society together. Society has inculcated social media into itself to such an extent that most people have these outlets within arm’s reach at all times. Ten years ago, such immediate exposure was reserved for celebrities, and most ordinary people would have considered such in depth exposure, the likes of which released on social networking like Facebook, Twitter, Google plus, LinkedIn, My space, and YouTube, to be almost an invasion of privacy.... [tags: Sociology, Social network service, Facebook]
842 words (2.4 pages)
- Although violent crimes among youth and adults have reached the lowest point in decades and is still steadily decreasing, youth violence can have a significant negative impact on school, grades, and social activities. In our modern day society, many people believe that the violence in real life can be directly reflected by the violence seen in media. As I am writing this essay, I don’t know which side of the argument I will side in, and I will find a conclusion once I have done my research. Some argue that the media violence effects are rather symptoms of underlying problems within a person.... [tags: Violence, Media violence research]
1891 words (5.4 pages)
- Have you ever felt guilty for spending too much time on Facebook. Posting too many pictures on Instagram. Perhaps you find that others have an unhealthy addiction to “twit” details of their life on Twitter. There are those who believe that social networking sites are a waste of time. That they are a detriment to “real life” social relationships. But these platforms are more than just entertaining gateways. They have a deeper impact on our society than some are willing to admit. Just like everything in life, they have their pros and cons, but the benefits of social media far outweighs the later.... [tags: spread and spark change, connect with others]
1333 words (3.8 pages)