Sexually transmitted diseases are common in those who have multiple sex partners. Those with multiple sex partners are more likely to be infected with a sexually transmitted disease (STD). Josh McDowell informs his readers: At least one person in four will contract an STD at some point in his or her life. As many as 56 million American adults and teenagers are infected with an incurable STD. At least 24 million people are infected with human papillomavirus (HPV), or genital warts, and as many as one million new infections occur each year. HPV associated with cervical and other genital and anal cancers (McDowell 35). Misuse of contraceptives and the lack of knowledge about the consequences of sex are two huge contributors to the high number of STD cases reported the United States.
... middle of paper ...
...think they should take a partner out for a "test drive" before getting married. But this hasn 't made it easier to learn if the person is compatible because couples having sex often overlook important differences cause the sex is good. On the other hand Marriage is supposed to be a wonderful bond that two people vow to never break. Maintain intercourse between married couples is perceived as sacred marriage. Sex is the most precious act of intimacy that shows your love for the person with which you are going to spend the rest of your life. Hopefully people will begin to look at everything they can lose from having sex before marriage. The same goes for those who cannot be monogamous. People should hold themselves to a higher standard. If people had more confidence they wouldn’t feel they needed to have sex to impress people or to make their partner happy
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Sex, or sexual intercourse is denoted as penile-vaginal penetration .It is a physical and physiological basic need of human beings, equally important as eating, drinking, breathing, and sleeping. It can also be a beautiful and unforgettable experience, even doing it without marrying. Therapists have long known that couples who have more, and better, sex are happier and more stable.Although other people suggest that adults should abstain from sex before marriage as love is more important, avoid unwanted pregnancies or diseases, and unacceptable by society, there are reasons for encouraging sex before marriage.... [tags: sex, love, precautions, physical]
740 words (2.1 pages)
- • Do not have sex before marriage This value is also tied with my religion, which when you are pregnant, you are not allow to come into your parents’ house. So, in order to live with them, every Hmong girl must restrict their sex lives. Otherwise, if they are pregnant, they must get marry. Also in my opinion, I believe that those who have sex before marriage do not have dignity, and having sex before marriage seems unpleasant to me. • Saving a portion of your salary/allowance Since my parents are working hard to support the whole family, I should not be a spendthrift who will spend money carelessly.... [tags: Sexual intercourse, Marriage]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- What is premarital sex. It is having sexual intercourse before marriage. Whether you’re an adult or not, the simple fact that you’re not married and had a sexual relationship, it is still committing a premarital sex. Pre-marital sex has been introduced to our modern world and has been accepted by many without question or objection and that modesty has become irrelevant most people intend on practicing it. The question is, is sex before marriage okay. This is a common question that we face, especially for those who are in a relationship.... [tags: Sexual intercourse, Human sexual behavior]
1292 words (3.7 pages)
- The world was first created perfect, sinless. Sin slithered into the world when Eve ate the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Ever since then, we are born into a sinful world, with a sinful nature. How then do we live Christ-like lives, when we are born with a sinful name. So what is sin exactly. The way I think about it is anything that goes against what God wants from us. Obviously we are human and we are not perfect so we will make mistakes and get caught up in sin just because it’s a habit, but that does not mean it is appropriate for a Christian lifestyle.... [tags: Sin, Evil, SIN, Thing]
758 words (2.2 pages)
- Sex before marriage is frequently an unstable subject. In any case, I feel that sex before marriage is a critical subject that is not raised and discussed enough. There are various perspectives conveyed to the table when discussing this specific subject. The principles of society are continually evolving. One indication of this change is that nowadays many young adults seem to be interested in premarital sex. Despite the fact that I have heard numerous great arguments from individuals both pro and against sex before marriage, I have yet to change my stance on this matter.... [tags: Sexual intercourse, Marriage, Fornication]
1133 words (3.2 pages)
- Sex before marriage is very often a touchy subject. However, I feel that sex before marriage is a very important subject that is not brought up and talked about enough. There are many different viewpoints brought to the table when talking about this particular subject. The standards of society are constantly changing. One sign of this change is that nowadays many young adults seem to be open to premarital sex. Although I have heard many good arguments from people both pro- and anti- sex before marriage, I have yet to change my stance on this matter.... [tags: Marriage, Sexual intercourse, Fornication]
1300 words (3.7 pages)
- Millions of students every year make the transition from middle school to high school and face a multitude of social challenges within their pear groups. These challenges involve fitting in, interacting with a larger student body with various age groups, and exploring their sexuality while being enrolled in abstinence education programs. A study proposed by the Canadian Journal of Human Sexuality states the underlying reason for freshman students desisting from copulation remains to be the fundamental ethical belief of waiting until marriage and expands this theory by examining the types of influences that lead to the agreement of sex before marriage and its circumstances involving adolescen... [tags: Human sexuality, Sexual intercourse]
1231 words (3.5 pages)
- Imagine after years of searching you found that one person, your one true love, to spend the rest of your life with. Both of you are deeply in love with one another and want to celebrate your commitment by getting married and raising a family. Both of you go to get your marriage license only to be told by State officials that you do not qualify for one because you are both from the same sex. Unfortunately, this was the hardship that most same-sex couples in America faced every day for the past several decades.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Marriage]
1289 words (3.7 pages)
- When I was younger, I viewed the world as a fairytale that I just so happened to live in. Apple released the iPhone that transformed the way people kept up with news worldwide. The shooting at the Colorado Theater put people in a frenzy, it created a fear of public places. The legalization of same-sex marriage created a war between the radical Christians and the liberals. The release of the iPhone, the shooting in the Colorado Theater, and the legalization of gay marriage changed my perspective on how the world is changing constantly.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Marriage, Homosexuality]
856 words (2.4 pages)
- In the past, in the United States, there are 37 states and Washington DC, which the law of same-sex marriage was already legal. There are the movement of the same-sex marriage laws in the United States since 1970s. In twenty-first century, there are a survey of American people who support the law of same-sex marriage, and each year, the number increase more than previous year. In 2011, this survey shows that the majority of American people support this law to be legal in the public. At present, on Friday, June 26, 2015, the law of same-sex marriage was decided that is legal in all states of the United Stated by the United States Supreme Court.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Homosexuality, Marriage, Law]
1058 words (3 pages)
- The 's Invention Of The Cotton Gin
- Risk Factors Of Premier As An International Business
- Social Media And Its Impact On The World 's Largest Number Of Internet
- `` Araby `` By James Joyce
- Reading Comprehension Is Important Skill That Are Read And Understand What They Have Read?
- Animals Are Victims Of Human Animals