Everyday we faces some sort of issue that challenges yourself and those around us.
Female Victimization is a serious issue that doesn’t only affects females, but everyone in our society. Particularly, rape and sexual assault occurs the most throughout America involving females from the age group of eighteen to twenty-four, family members and friends of the victims, and police officers that answer the calls from the victims.
Female Age Group
Females ages eighteen to twenty-four had higher rates of rape and sexual assault than females in other age groups. They are 3 times more likely than women in general to suffer from sexual violence and females of the same age. However within the age group of eighteen to twenty-four, there are two separate groups to consider; those who attends college and those who doesn’t. Female college students are 20% less likely than non st...
... middle of paper ...
...officers are filing, reporting, and following on the cases of rape/sexual assaults. The police officers who are cheating their work and are not helping to solve or listen to cases, they should be removed from taking cases from rape/sexual assault victims and replace them with specialize officers that knows how to carefully and thoroughly deal with the victims.
The pros of examining the police department is that the police officers who neglect his or her work will be pull out, removed from his or her position, and possibly be charge with a crime for purposely neglecting cases. By removing those detectives, it is allowing the victims to call and seek help from someone who can actually help them. If the police officers doesn’t reject the victim’s call, then the rate of victim reporting will increase and the chances of offender getting convicted will increase as well.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The definition of rape is: The unlawful compelling of a person through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse. Basically, rape is a forceful act in trying any way possible to make someone have sex with them. This crime is still being committed to this day and is not viewed as big of an issue as it truly is. In order to prove rape is a disgusting and unnecessary crime, the following essay will consist of the history, laws, the costs involved, health effects, and the opposing side’s beliefs.... [tags: Harrassment, Physical, Victims]
1211 words (3.5 pages)
- “Every 107 seconds, an American victim was sexually assaulted and 68% of sexual assaults aren’t even reported to the police” (Statistic/RAINN). Rape is a crime that is overlooked throughout the world. Some are even shocked when they realize the full existence of what all is considered as rape. According to my human sexuality power points 63% of all instances of sexual victimization are perpetrated by dates, lovers, or husbands. I always viewed it as a stranger in a dark alley snatching you up and forcing themselves on top of you, but majority cases aren’t even displayed in that scenario.... [tags: Rape, Sexual intercourse, Sexual assault]
1054 words (3 pages)
- According to Merriam Webster statutory rape is the crime of having sex with someone who is younger than an age that is specified by law. Depending on the state the ages vary. The sex could be forcible or not forced. As many know it is considered rape if sexual intercourse is within a four year age difference. However, people may not realize that it is illegal for a seventeen year old and an eighteen year old to have sex under statutory rape laws. Even though the two people are only a year apart it is still considered rape if brought into court.... [tags: Rape, Sexual intercourse, Statutory rape]
961 words (2.7 pages)
- The Categorization of Rape as a Hate Crime As rape and hate crimes are separated into different categories, their definitions are almost exactly alike. Rape is the crime of having sexual intercourse with a person against their will usually influenced by violence and the will for domination. Hate crimes are physical crimes against a certain group; fortunately they also are usually influenced by violence and the will for domination. Rape and hate crimes are a huge part of today’s society however they are protected under and placed in different categories, where as they should both be in the same category.... [tags: Sexual Violence]
1796 words (5.1 pages)
- In contemporary North America, if one were to ask almost any member of society what were the most heinous crimes a human being could commit, almost assuredly rape would be listed amongst every top five. Maybe it would even be competing for the number one spot. It is highly unlikely, absurd even, to think that any reasonable being would not find rape (or the broader term of sexual assault used in Canada) to be an abhorrent act becoming of no real human being. However, knowing this: that is, that the vast majority of citizens in North American society are in agreement on the nature of such a crime, it is all the more puzzling that many continue to harbour a mindset that gives th... [tags: Rape, victims, crime]
1300 words (3.7 pages)
- Sexual assault and sexual consent continue to be important issues on college campuses, with the large-scale development of training programs designed to educate students across the United States about sexual consent and misconduct and other important related issues. According to Inside Higher Ed’s 2015 Survey of College and University Presidents, about one-third of U.S. college presidents agree that sexual assault is prevalent on American college campuses, but only six percent believe that it is prevalent at their own institutions (Jaschik & Lederman, 2015).... [tags: Rape, Crime, National Crime Victimization Survey]
1021 words (2.9 pages)
- ... Many times in the mass media women will fake that she does not want to have intercourse, but in reality she is hoping the man will force her into having some kind of sexual act. “A high percentage of non-incarcerated rapists and child molesters have said that they have been incited by pornography to commit crimes” (Frey). This scenario can easily be misleading and is a common excuse rapist may use. People also believe that rape can occur only to women who live the “wrong way”, those who are believed to be sexually active, uneducated, lower class or mentally ill.... [tags: rape victim, rapist, crime, sexual assault, blame]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- Appraise the usefulness of The National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS). Unit 2. For nearly 300 years, researchers have conducted crime surveys (Winfree and Abadinsky, 2010). During the 1960’s, a pilot study, referred to today as the National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS), was conducted by the President’s Commission on Law Enforcement and Administration of Justice. The results of this study were recommendations in which federal funding was programmed for the Law Enforcement Assistance Administration (LEAA) to conduct the first few national victimization surveys during the years 1972, 1973, and 1974.... [tags: Crime, Police, Assault, Rape]
1237 words (3.5 pages)
- Most crimes have several degrees to which a person can be charged. Stealing from another person has multiple layers depending on the value of what was taken and whether an offender used force or intimidation against the victim. If you cause the death of another person, willfully or not, there are, again, degrees of culpability. As if knowing all of this isn 't enough, the charges you will be facing are all dependent on the state a person committed the crime in. The state of Texas for example has eight classifications of crime and punishment ranges.... [tags: Rape, Crime, Human sexual behavior, Murder]
2004 words (5.7 pages)
- ... “For the female, civilized behavior means chastity before marriage and faithfulness within it. Chivalrous behavior in the male is supposed to protect that chastity from involuntary defilement” (Griffin, 516). Unfortunately, the definition of civilization for women requires them to be feminine, dainty, and submissive while men are strong and dominant. This robs women of the mentality that they can be strong and independent and forces them to seek protection from men instead of finding it in themselves.... [tags: Gender, White people, Gender role, Woman]
928 words (2.7 pages)