Ask an online casino industry analyst what they think of online poker and odds are you will get a diatribe about how the industry is dying. Problems had become rife in the United States, with three of the world’s biggest names being raided and subsequently shut down on the other side of the Atlantic. Profits headed south and membership levels justly did the same. Many had written off the industry entirely, with poker being labeled as more as a novelty within an online casino rather than a necessity. But statistics show that online poker is currently in the midst of a turn around, so was the industry written off too soon?
Depending on whom you listen to, the industry has tailed off more than 20% since 2012, with the issues in America spreading to British shores. A day dubbed as “Black Friday”, saw the US government clamp down on online poker to an extent that it was no longer viable to operate there. The industry was pushed onto the back foot and desperately needed to regroup and in many ways that is what has happened. The much-publicised downturn is seemingly coming to end, with industry stabilisation also being discussed.
Throughout the 2000s online poker was riding such a huge wave of momentum that online poker providers almost had a license to print money. In many ways this caused several to lose focus with regards to the direction of their business. The approach in 2015 has been to streamlined and get back to basis. Many high-profile mergers have taken place, while operating costs have been cut dramatically in order to push forward increased growth. Europe is experiencing the largest amount of growth in the field of online poker, as while 85 nations around the world offer up onlin...
... middle of paper ...
...takes players to the mysterious heart of ancient Egypt. Taking place along a secret underground river, this game presents glorious graphics and a gameplay set–up that rivals the very best in the business. 5 reels, 25 paylines, wild spins, and free spins, make River of Riches a river well worth travelling down.
While it isn’t truly a new slots title, it is definitely one of the years best looking. Adventure Palace was originally released several years ago, but from day one the colourful title proved to be a big hit amongst players, with positive reviews dominating online casino portal comments sections. Taking place deep within the jungle, players are on a mission to investigate all that’s going on and unearthing winnings in the process. The new incarnation of the game stays loyal to the originals mechanics, but has been given a complete HD overhaul.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Choose The Best Site And Feel Safe Playing Online Poker Anyone beginning an online poker career has to wonder whether online poker is safe or rigid. Indeed, it is the most important question one can ask before he or she can play poker online. You need to know you can trust a poker site, and know that it is completely secure, before you can let them hold your money. Hence, it is important to choose the best online poker site that you know and trust before you can begin to play real poker online. When looking for a great site, here are some things to pay attention to: • Check how big is the site, the bigger the site the more credible it is, though this is not necessarily the case • Determine h... [tags: games, bank, software]
654 words (1.9 pages)
- Poker has developed a massive following in recent years, with the help of media outlets like ESPN and Fox the game of poker is world renown now. “This mainstream acceptance is due to increased media coverage of high-stakes poker tournaments such as the 2003 World Series of Poker and various weekly tournaments on the World Poker Tour.” (/iml.jou.ufl.edu...) The two outlets that represent this game people would say that the game of poker is a sport. We can all agree that it is a game but does that necessarily make it a sport.... [tags: tournament, card game, gamble]
920 words (2.6 pages)
- Every player dreams of getting the best online casino bonus when registering for a gambling game online. While nearly all online casinos offer some form of bonus, truth is some casinos offer better bonuses than others. Finding good casino bonuses require some leg work on your part. The best casino bonus new for new members can earn you thousands of dollars when you meet the wagering requirements. This article outlines some of the best online casino offers that you can possibly find, from sign up bonuses to sign up bonuses.... [tags: Casino, Gambling, Casinos, Online poker]
1031 words (2.9 pages)
- ... If you do need help when playing at SpinStation then you’ll be glad to hear that their customer support team is really up to scratch. If you ever have a problem there a few ways you can get in touch with the team. If you need to speak to someone immediately then just pick up the phone and give them a call. If it’s not that urgent, then just send them an email and they’ll get back to you within 24 hours. Final Thoughts SpinStation might be new to the scene, but they could really become a game changer in the years to come.... [tags: Casino, Slot machine, Gambling, Video poker]
1896 words (5.4 pages)
- Blog 41 – How you can ensure that luck falls in your favour when it comes to free spins Despite what you may have heard, slots have always been nothing more than a game of luck. By playing the slots, your money is transferred into the questionable hands of fate; however, many gamblers will tell you that’s just part of the fun. What’s even more fun, in my opinion anyway, is that by signing up to the right online casino, you’ll get the promise of free spins. Need to know where to look for free spins.... [tags: Casino, Gambling, Game, Poker]
1158 words (3.3 pages)
- Analysis of The Outcasts of Poker Flat by John Oakhurst John Oakhurst is the main character in “The Outcasts of Poker Flat”. John is an outstanding person and has some phenomenal traits. Such as that he is unusually calm, courageous, and modest. John has shown numerous times in “The Outcasts of Poker Flat”, that he is an extraordinarily calm person. One time in which Mr. Oakhurst showed extreme calmness is when the men come to take him away, and he just took what is coming. That to me shows extreme calmness.... [tags: The Outcasts of Poker Flat John Oakhurst Essays]
406 words (1.2 pages)
- Texas Holdem Poker Casino v.s. Online Play (All revisions in italics) So what’s this entire buzz about this new poker game. World poker tour play Krieger asks the question, “Why is it the most attractive card game to all the new comers and regulars alike (Krieger 4).” This new game is being played in almost every Casino from Atlantic City to Las Vegas Nevada. They game now has world championships and is played on TV and watched by millions around the world. This fascinating game known to many as Texas holdem poker is played by many in our homes, casinos, and now the every so popular game is attracting millions online.... [tags: Compare Contrast Essays]
2062 words (5.9 pages)
- Poker Competition If the appeal in competition is not just profit, but knowing that the profit came from another’s loss, then it is no surprise that certain “zero-sum games” dominate our world and culture. Poker is a perfect example of this American fascination with capitalism and despotic schadenfreude. This is because poker, just like any other zero-sum game, requires success and failure to be mutually inclusive. While poker is not quite in the realm of pure gambling and is not quite in the realm of pure skill, it successfully stands irresolute in the middle of it all with its ambiguous classification appealing to nearly every subset of our society.... [tags: Gambling Card Games Essays]
1221 words (3.5 pages)
- A Poker Addiction As Manny sits there, with half the chips he began with, he faces the hardest decision of the night. Does he call. Does he fold. There are so many things to consider, so much at stake. As the seconds tick by, flashes of frames from the World Series of Poker pass before his eyes; Johnny Chan slapping his cards down on the table, calling out “All in,” in front of God knows how many people. He sees Phil Hellmuth with his chin supported on his hands, shuffling chips and staring down his opponent.... [tags: Personal Narrative Descriptive Papers]
1921 words (5.5 pages)
- Poker: Draw Vs. Hold 'em As the room fills with smoke from cigars and cigarettes, I look across the table at the last guy in the hand. I think to myself, “Why did he just raise me?” I just raised the pot $25 on two pair. The other guy re-raised the pot another $25. My heart is beating like a freight train racing down the tracks, I’m doing everything in my power to stop from sweating and I’m trying to keep my face stone cold straight as to not give myself away.... [tags: essays research papers]
958 words (2.7 pages)