Are you willing to give up what is at stake? BMW released this picture to the public. The image is of two legs one is prosthetic and the other is not. The angle the picture was taken it shows only the white floor that could be portrayed as a hospital floor. It says “Spare parts for humans are not as original as those for cars. Don’t Drink and Drive.” Driving behind one wheel drunk could land you in between another two or in other cases other people between two wheels. Every 48 seconds a drunk driver makes another person eligible to become handicapped. BMW convinces its audience that drunk driving is bad using logos and pathos but mainly through pathos.
Using logos, BMW wants people to realize the drinking and driving is something that people need to register as a bad thing through the caption on the image. They want people to wake up and smell the coffee. It affects people more than some know. There is always someone that is going to be affected by drunk drivers. There are families that have to realize that their loved one is not coming back because there were hit and killed by a drunk driver. The community around them is also affected due to them having it happen in their community and they might know the person who was hit. There are a few cases like in Hayele, Johnny, and Spencers where the community reaches out and tries to raise awareness about it. Hayele’s parents uses the high school football games to give out shirts to students. The students have to pledge that they would never drink and drive in order to get one. Then there are the people who are going to have to live with the mistakes of the drunk driver for the rest of their life. They either will lose a limb, become paralyzed, or they could have some...
... middle of paper ...
...ar accidents or lose a limb. People would not have to pay the price for someone else 's mistake. If someone does not have a designated driver call someone up and ask for a ride home. It is a better option to even call the parental figures for a ride than getting behind the wheel drunk. There are times where it is better to face the wrath of the parents than potentially having some blood on your hands. Another way to get out of the situation is if you know you are going to drink at a party ask the host if you could spend the night at their place. That is completely avoiding the situation and it insures that no one could possibly get hurt by you. So next time you get behind the wheel drunk think about this; the same hand you use to pick up that beer, could be the one you use to attach your prosthetic or hold your loved one 's hand as they are taking their last breathe.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Is It Worth It. Are you willing to give up what is at stake. BMW released this picture to the public. The image is of two legs one is prosthetic and the other is not. The angle the picture was taken it shows only the white floor that could be portrayed as a hospital floor. It says “Spare parts for humans are not as original as those for cars. Don’t Drink and Drive.” Driving behind one wheel drunk could land you in between another two or in other cases other people between two wheels. Every 48 seconds a drunk driver makes another person eligible to become handicapped.... [tags: Drunk driving, Driving under the influence]
1676 words (4.8 pages)
- When engaging in an affair with someone other than your partner, most people find in the end that the affair is not worth it. If a person is having an affair because they are no longer in love with their companion, it will be easier to break all ties with a loved one instead of being unfaithful. If the affair is out of lust, perhaps resisting the temptation and concentrating on trying to revive the romance at home is a solution. Affairs are not worth the pain that they eventually cause all parties involved.... [tags: Relationships]
503 words (1.4 pages)
- In recent discussions of "Is College Worth It?" by John Green, a controversial issue has been weather-attending college worth it or not. On the one hand, some argue that colleges are not worth attending because it is too expensive and they do not need a degree to get a good job. From this perspective, many people do not apply to a college. On the other hand, however, others insist that college is worth attending because it is expanding the knowledge and give more opportunity to find jobs. In the words of John Green one of this view 's proponents, " Education gave me perspective and context." According to this view, college is worth to apply for because it enlarges the information that people... [tags: Education, Learning, University, Student]
1018 words (2.9 pages)
- In recent discussions of "is college worth it?" by John Green, a controversial issue has been whether college worth to attend or not. On the one hand, some argue that colleges are not worth to attend because it is too expensive and they do not need a degree to get a good job. From this perspective, many people do not apply for a college. On the other hand, however, others insist that college worth to attend because it is expanding the knowledge and give more opportunity to find jobs. In the words of John Green on of this view 's proponents, " Education gave me perspective and context" (video).... [tags: Education, Learning, University, Student]
1014 words (2.9 pages)
- Wang 1Tyler WangP. BuentelloENG 13012 December 2016Is college worth it?: The value of a higher educationRecently, college has become a necessary and ideal step in life after graduatinghighschool for the general population, despite the it’s costly demand. Its pricey cost raises thequestion: Is a college education worth the money. College is an opportunity to experiencepersonal growth, to meet new people, gain new ideas, be inspired, and expand knowledge. Onthe other hand, college teaches you job-related experiences for your specialized major which ismuch needed to be employed in any industry.... [tags: Higher education, Academic degree, High school]
1042 words (3 pages)
- American’s education system has been entering crisis mode for a long time. Throughout the past few years, the overwhelming question “Is college needed or worth it?” While it is an opinion, there are facts that back up each answer. Plato’s “Allegory of the Cave” mentions that the enlightened must help the unenlightened and further their knowledge. The problem with America today is that high school students are given the option of college and that makes for less enlightened people. While it is possible to learn in the work force or Army, college is a better option.... [tags: Higher education, Education, High school, College]
1099 words (3.1 pages)
- “Is College Worth it. Clearly, New Data Says” by David Leonhardt, “The Value of a College Degree” by Emily Hanford, “New study shows the value of a college education” by Hope Yen, and “Is College Worth It Anymore” by Kristen Sturt, all primarily discuss the advantages of a college education and its true value. In the United States, the student debt is over $1.2 trillion dollars. It is the second largest cause of debt following mortgage debt. When the media spends so much time talking about the limitations of a college education, they are discouraging some students from attending college.... [tags: Higher education, Academic degree, High school]
1166 words (3.3 pages)
- Nowadays, it is often said that one needs a college education in order to be better prepared for the future and the real world. In other words, society claims that by obtaining this degree, one is able to live a fulfilling and prosperous life. Apart from society, the Media also plays a contributing role in the effect college has on Americans. They equally consider higher level education a requirement and therefore, one must earn it. In the article, “Is College worth it. Clearly, New Data Says” by The New York Times, a statistic from the Labor Department by the Economic Policy Institute in Washington DC states that Americans with a four year degree are said to have made “98 percent more an h... [tags: Higher education, Academic degree]
835 words (2.4 pages)
- Are Animals Worth It. Thirty years ago, congress passed a law to protect animals that are at risk of becoming extinct. The Endangered Species Act of 1973 outlined the responsibilities of the government and citizens concerning these animals. It requires that every five years, species are evaluated, and it is decided whether they are okay, endangered, whose population is so low that it is in danger of becoming extinct, or threatened, who are not in as much danger, but whose population is small enough for concern.... [tags: Essays Papers]
2032 words (5.8 pages)
- Worth Dying For Life is God’s greatest gift to mankind. Is there anything worth losing this most precious gift for. Both US History and Literature give us an in-depth perspective on how many times men and women alike sacrifice their lives for morals and values that are to them worth more than life itself. An example of one of these morals would be humanity. The union army of the civil war held this moral so close to their heart that without a second thought they marched troops throughout the United States to fight and even die to help free the slaves.... [tags: Papers]
360 words (1 pages)