The first few weeks were challenging. I had to learn new procedures, learn co-workers names quickly and learn what was expected of me. I sat next to another young girl called Vicki Alexandropoulos she was Greek, loud and would apply mascara with an open mouth whilst taking a selfie. Vicki spent most of her days on online shopping websites, social media and searching for a rich boyfriend. She was fashionable, confident and charismatic so nobody seemed to care that she barely worked at all.
Vicki pitied me, she pitied me because I was dorky and I didn’t have a heap of friends nor did I have a long line of men fighting for my attention. She would constantly say I should take you shopping and although the offer was tempting I knew deep down that I couldn’t afford to shop at the high end designers that she wore.
Months past and I still felt like a fish out of water. I would eat my lunch alone in my car, I wasn’t invited to Friday night work drinks and I didn’t particularly like anyone in the office. Until one Monday mo...
... middle of paper ...
...rately we never grew apart. I watched her become a mum for the second time and she stood next to me as my maid of honor on my wedding day. We shared many good times and bad but nothing compares to the stomach ache I get from laughing with her. I have been inspired by a many things in my life (places, friends, people I have met, children, family) but Justine would have to be one of the most inspiring person I know. It’s not because she has done one spectacular thing but it’s the fact that the million little things she does is always with great love. I admired her for being authentic, listening intently to what others say and always focusing on the positives in life. She is a devoted wife, caring mother and genuine friend. Candace Bushnell once said “Maybe our girlfriends are our soulmates and guys are just people to have fun with.” In this case I agree.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Job Dissatisfaction While serving one’s country is looked highly upon and each person has their own reason to enlist into the military. What I have found since enlisting in the Air Force job dissatisfaction is a huge problem in my unit. I have just recently reached my 3-year mark that I have been assigned to this unit and since the day I reported into the unit I have encountered both types of people, enthused/content about their job and the opposite people who hate their job and want to get out as soon as possible.... [tags: Job satisfaction, Employment, Army, Armed forces]
927 words (2.6 pages)
- You have heard about nursing your whole life. Being a nurse is more than just a job or a career, it is a privilege to change, save and touch people’s lives. This rewarding but challenging job can make a difference in someone’s life. “The word ‘nurse’ evolved from the Latin word ‘nutrire’ that means nourish. The ‘nourishing’ aspect of nursing prevailed throughout centuries with the roots of nursing and medicine” (Sapountzi-Krepia & Theofandisis, 2015, p.793). Ever since my childhood years, the medical field was always for me.... [tags: Nursing, Registered nurse, Healthcare occupations]
1737 words (5 pages)
- With the internet accessible to almost everyone, work seekers are furnished with more data than ever. Data can be acquired for employment opportunities, sets of expectations, and even salaries. Now and then when rounding out an application, a box will request what salary you desire. A few job advertisements actually request that you send your resume with salary necessities. These applications are some of the time very hard to decide what salary you desire and/or what is a fair salary for this position.... [tags: Negotiation, Contract, Mediation]
984 words (2.8 pages)
- This is a globalized environment where each country depends on others in several conditions especially in the business world. To enable a world-wide economic condition, a country should open up every chances of bilateral or multilateral relationship with different countries. United Kingdom or Britain in this case; is one of several fastest economic growth countries in this world. As a country with the high reputation in economic growth, Britain governments together with the citizens have done numerous strategies to boost the economy and even survive during the recession.... [tags: ecomomic, tax, employment]
1498 words (4.3 pages)
- Entrepreneurship defined by Jeff Cornwall at Belmont University is, “A process of identifying, evaluating, seizing an opportunity and bringing together the resources necessary for success.” (www.belmont.edu) There are a wide variety of risks when it comes to starting and running your own business, just some of them are: under capitalization, poor management, market misjudgment, and lack of planning. Lack of planning and under capitalization go hand-in-hand because if you don’t properly plan your strategies and what you would like to do in the future of the company you are trying to start, then you aren’t going to be able to afford it.... [tags: Business]
1194 words (3.4 pages)
- The 17th century lifestyle in New England differed greatly from the lifestyle in the South and England at the time. New England colonists reaped the benefits of longevity and as a result, many families grew to be extremely large and developed. The colonists, primarily united under the shared goal of escaping religious persecution, established many small towns that were one of the first to exercise democracy. Education was also an important part of the New England lifestyle. Due to the climate, the economy in New England was vastly different compared to the South.... [tags: Slavery, Thirteen Colonies, New England]
1208 words (3.5 pages)
- A) Job data collection : There are five main methods of job data collections. 1) Registration 2) Questionnaires 3) Interviews 4) Direct observations 5) Reporting JOB ANALYSIS : Concept of job analysis : A job may be define as sum total of task, duties and responsibilities which is organised by individual employee. after define a job HR manager needs to under take job analysis. Job analysis is the begaining of recruitment and selection. It is an efficient procedure of gathering and contemplating data about the different employment in the association.... [tags: Human resource management, Employment, Management]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- Negotiating a Starting Salary With internet access available to nearly everyone, job seekers are armed with more information than ever before. Information can be obtained for job openings, job descriptions, and even salaries. Sometimes when filling out an application, a box will ask for a salary desired. Some advertisements ask to send your resume with salary requirements. These are sometimes tough questions to answer. How much does that job normally pay. Is the job applicant worth the top pay.... [tags: Business and Management Studies]
2126 words (6.1 pages)
- Nearly seven years ago, when I started working for the local DirecTV installation company, it wasn’t exactly a dream come true. I had the aptitude for it, having worked previously as a home theatre installer back in Kansas City, but this job was much easier by comparison. What made this job less than desirable were the hot attics, damp crawlspaces where I wasn’t always the only thing crawling around and the loose eaves near ideal dish mounting locations that were often home to swarms of hornets.... [tags: Personal Experience, Autobiography]
1222 words (3.5 pages)
- The economy is one of the most varied topics on the political frontier that is constantly debated, though there is no obvious solution to the United States perpetual economic problems. Held within the crumbling economy of today, are many ongoing controversial issues that plague our once healthy nation. One such problem is job outsourcing, an issue with many schools of thought giving the topic its controversial nature. The exportation of jobs offshore is job outsourcing. This, to some, is believed to be a benefit to our economy.... [tags: Globalization essays, research papers]
551 words (1.6 pages)