Is the product one that sells better at certain times of the year than other times? One example is ugly Christmas sweaters. They will sell best between November and January. The rest of the year, sales will slump off.
If you plan to sell a seasonal item, have a backup plan in place for what you’ll sell during your slow months or how you’ll ramp up during the seasonal sales next year.
Can You Get Behind This Product?
Before you make a final decision to sell a product, ask yourself if it is something you can really get behind. Do you think it adds value to the lives of others? If not, it will be difficult for you to sell it when you have to pitch the product.
Potential for Product to Add Value
Do you believe the product is well made and a good value for the money? Do you believe it makes your customers’ lives better, even if only in some small way?
Do you use the product yourself? Personal testimonials are powerful. One example of this are the representatives for MLM companies such as Young Living essential oils. They use the oils themselves and swear by them. This passion shines through and others want to try the product. If you want to really sell a product, then you need to make sure you’re willing to use it yourself and you understand how it works and why it is the best of the potential products out there.
According to Entrepreneur magazine, testimonials work because they:
• Build trust
• Aren 't spammy
• Help overcome doubts
Potential for Repeat Sales
Is the product o...
... middle of paper ...
You’ll also need to utilize some smart advertising on social media, in newsletters targeting your market demographic, and even by passing out business cards that list your website address when you meet local fisherman in person.
Filling Holes in the Market You’ve Chosen
Now that you’ve chosen your niche and started selling the product, you probably understand your chosen niche a lot better.
Look at the questions that your targeted users ask in forums or on your blog. What needs to they have that aren’t being met? Can you find or make a product to solve that problem?
Finding a niche you are passionate about means that you’ll start to understand more and more what other needs your customers have that need to be solved. Choosing the right niche means that your business will grow over time as you add more products and discover new ways to promote those products.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Bags Coupons Today everybody wants to wear fashionable clothes and adorn themselves with accessories. Although different people have varied taste in accessories, a trendy or classy bag is a rare piece of accessory that everybody wants to buy. For people who have an affinity for bags, but restrict themselves from buying due to exorbitant prices, Couponland.in has a gamut of bags coupons that helps in acquiring quality bags without spending much. The bagkart.com coupon currently available at Couponland.in entitles the user a discount of 20% on shopping worth Rs 1250 and above.... [tags: promotional codes in the internet]
638 words (1.8 pages)
- Don't Forget Working Capital When You Buy a Website Reprinted with permission of VotanWeb.com If you intend to obtain a loan to buy a website, you should consider how much capital you should have available until the website starts generating income. Believe it or not, many buyers overlook this and wind up in trouble soon after they acquire a website. It is important that you determine the "working capital" requirements of the website before you purchase. This is the amount of money you will need available to fund the website after you take over until it becomes self-sufficient, meaning that there is enough inflow of cash to pay the bills of the website as well as your family.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Websites]
598 words (1.7 pages)
- It has become more difficult to shop with our economy the way it is. Purchasing items that are necessities come before luxuries. Coupons are becoming increasingly more popular as a way for cutting back on the cost of shopping. I have to admit though I am the customer that used to stand in line complaining about how long it was taking for another customer to sift through their coupons. I had a very wide opening event though that completely changed my thoughts in regards to coupon users. A customer in front of me one day at the store was told by the cashier she had saved seventy dollars.... [tags: Coupons, Buy One Get One Free, products, ]
586 words (1.7 pages)
- Insurance leads are available for buying from online sources. This is advantageous both for the insurance agent and the customers because the internet is the quickest means for the two groups to get in touch with each other. These days a successful insurance agent would definitely try the online insurance leads. It provides a great competitive edge over others. The online Discount Insurance Leads not only serves as a profitable source of income but also provide leads with loads of discounts or at affordable pricing.... [tags: Insurance]
512 words (1.5 pages)
- How Much Working Capital Will I Need When I Buy a Website. Question: If you buy a business and you're getting a loan, how much capital should you have available until the business starts generating income. For example, if I have $100,000 should I be looking for a business that's $50,000 keeping some back or should I look for a business that's over and try to find financing for the overage. Answer: Thank you for your excellent question. Believe it or not, many buyers overlook this and wind up in trouble soon after they acquire a business.... [tags: Sell Website Buy Website]
661 words (1.9 pages)
- Although there are several specialized coffee players in the market today, one cannot overlook the magnitude of success and grandeur that Starbucks has achieved over the past many years. Its fast-growing coffee house along with tea and sandwich restaurant chain now makes it a dazzling investment idea. More than just coffee The company’s founder and CEO, Howard Schultz, has been successful in creating Starbucks into something that we didn’t really know we needed until we had it. He has meticulously crafted a brand for the company that adds a psychological value to its offerings.... [tags: coffee, innovative, prices]
955 words (2.7 pages)
- Chapter 15 1 If a six-month Treasury bill is purchased for $.0.9675 on a dollar (i.e., $96,750 for a $100,000 bill), what is the discount yield, the annual rate of interest, and the compound rate. What will these yields be if the discount price falls to $0.94 on a dollar (i.e., $94,000 for a $100,000 bill). .9675 on a dollar Discount Yield: (1-.9675/1)x((360/181)=.0646=6.46% Compound Rate: (1-.9675/.9 675) x (365/181)= 0.0677 = 6.77% .94 on a dollar Discount Yield = (1-0.94/1) x (360/181)= 0.1193 = 11.93% Compound Rate= (1-0.94/0.94) x (365/181)= 0.1287 = 12.87% 3 An investor in the 35 percent tax bracket may purchase a corporate bond that is rated double B and is traded on the New Yo... [tags: Bond, Stock, Stock market, Convertible bond]
1084 words (3.1 pages)
- The economy is making it difficult for people to purchase the items needed let alone items that luxury and not must have products. I was one of those customers moaning and groaning as the person in front of me sorted through coupons looking for one valid for each item in their cart. That was before I heard the savings of a customer in front of me one day. The lady had just saved almost seventy dollars on her purchases. I broke down and ask how she managed to save that much money. I knew she had coupons, I just was not aware of the type.... [tags: coupons, economy, ]
594 words (1.7 pages)
- In this essay I will discuss the role of the Federal Reserve in the United States economy. In doing this I will look first at open market operations as a tool to influence money supply. Then, I will look at discount rate and federal funds target rate and how the Federal Reserve uses it to influence money supply. Lastly, I will look at required reserve ratio and deposit expansion (money) multiplier as a tool the Federal Reserve uses to influence the money supply. Throughout discussion of these concepts I will give my opinion on how the Federal Reserve might best employ each of these tools given to our certain economic situation which would be to lower money supply to avoid inflation.... [tags: funds, money, market, discount]
1169 words (3.3 pages)
- Best Buy was founded in 1966 by the current CEO Richard M. "Dick" Schulze. Based out of Eden Prairie, Minnesota the corporation currently has 446 stores and earned over 83 million in total revenue last year. Best Buy carries a wide variety of products consisting of Major Appliances, video and audio equipment, computers, software, music, and wireless technology. When analyzing this corporation it is important to pay close attention to its current and future services and products, any problems with the corporation, the future direction Best Buy is headed, what can be done for the corporation, and what it can do for you as a consumer or employee.... [tags: essays research papers]
897 words (2.6 pages)