Science is a systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observational experimentation. Science is quite the popular phenomenon. People think that global warming is happening because of the deaths of thousands of animals and also that the temperature has risen the past one hundred years. The global warming topic seems to leave many christians left not knowing what to do.
All humans have to right to believe what they want to. Lets pause on that fact for a moment. If a scientist believes that the earth is billions of years old , then lets say that he will assume that the polar ice caps needed hundreds of thousands of years to form, over two miles thick. If a scientist that believes in the fact of Noah’s Flood then he would think that the ice caps formed not long after the flood. Humans think that global warming is happening for many reasons. One is that the ice caps are melting. The ice caps are melting from the heat from the sun, which is leaving many polar bears stranded in the middle of the ocean. The huge glaciers are also getting heated, which is making them break apart, causing disruption to the waters.
Is global warming really happening? Yes, it is! Global warming is just like it sounds. It is the warming of the globe. NASA has reported that the average number of major hurricanes has doubled since 1970. If you count the average number of all the hurricanes, you will find that is significantly less that what NASA had reported. The average temperature of the earth has ris...
... middle of paper ...
... He put Adam in charge of taking care of his garden. In the Bible we learn that God tells us that we are the caretakers of the earth. Does that mean that we are to protect nature at any cost? God did not create human beings to “preserve” the earth. God made us in his highest creation. He made us his treasure. Just as God “planted a garden,” we want to be good gardeners, too. The earth was made as our dwelling place, and it is our responsibility to maintain it. We must not place the earth or the environment above the human beings that live on it.
The oceans will rise dramatically in the next century. This would be quite a surprise if it were true. There is no hard scientific evidence to back up the prediction. Based on climate models, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change estimates that ocean levels will rise and estimate sixteen inches during this century.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- One of the major problems confronting today society is global warming. Everyone is talking about global warming, which is also known as “climate change” or “green is the new black”. However, like Mark Twain once said, “everyone talks about the weather but nobody does anything about it” (1897 P. 8) According to dictionary.com global warming can be described as “an increase in the average temperature worldwide believed to be caused by greenhouse effect.” We are the most responsible for this situation because “…by burning fossil fuels such as coal, gas and oil clearing forests we have dramatically increased the amount of carbon dioxide in the earth’s atmosphere and temperature are rising.” – (... [tags: climate change, problem]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- Global Warming, is a gradual increase in the overall temperature of the earth’s atmosphere, that may result from the greenhouse effect. The greenhouse effect is caused by increased levels of carbon dioxide and other pollutants. Science is a systematic knowledge of the physical or material world gained through observational experimentation. Science is quite the popular phenomenon. People think that global warming is happening because of the deaths of thousands of animals and also that the temperature has risen the past one hundred years.... [tags: christian, atmosphere, greenhouse effect]
672 words (1.9 pages)
- Do you hate winter. Do you hate the sound of the rain. Do you feel annoyed when your toes are freezing. have you ever wished for summer to be all year. Well, you will most likely change your opinion when global warming impacts our atmosphere and weather. Nowadays, Global warming is one of the biggest problems facing our society. According to the article “Global change and the greenhouse Earth”, many scientists believe that the emission of greenhouse gasses is impacting climate change and this is extremely dangerous for all of our lives.... [tags: Greenhouse gas, Global warming, Carbon dioxide]
1108 words (3.2 pages)
- The Global Warming and Environmental Changes, has a controversial issue that has been whether the facts support this as a real issue and that the worlds temperature is in fact warming or one of this being a myth and the planets overall temperatures are not raising any more or less than in any other time in history; therefore, for years this issue had been a scientific theory, nobody cared about except scientists. Since the 1970’s, the scientists discovered the fact that the temperature of the earth’s is increasing, and that the environment will encounter a real problem because of the humans’ activities on the earth.... [tags: Global warming, Carbon dioxide, Earth]
1644 words (4.7 pages)
- Global Warming is seen as a hoax by some, while others are out trying to save the world as I write this. Everybody has their own opinion on the Climate Change debate. On one side, you have those who feel it is a government conspiracy, only of benefit in politics for raising taxes and a money making scheme. On the other side, there are tree huggers who use as little energy and waste as possible because they know their neighbors are SUV gas guzzling hogs that do not recycle. For ten years I have been on the environments side, since I watched An Inconvenient Truth.... [tags: Global warming, Earth, Climate change]
1360 words (3.9 pages)
- There has been much discussion recently about global warming do you know what are the causes behind the global warming. The phrase Global Warming has specific meaning. "Global" means something above borders or international. "Warming" means an alarm that something bad will happen. The whole phrase means increase in the average temperature of the earth's atmosphere that causes changes in climate around the whole world, which refers to the meaning of global. For years, global warming was a scientific theory nobody cared about except scientists.... [tags: Global Warming Essay]
1156 words (3.3 pages)
- Global Warming: Cause and Mitigation Climate change can be attributed to both natural and anthropogenic factors. I think that most scientists agree that there are natural causes to climate change. This is proven by the sun, greenhouse effect, and reflectivity. The natural cycle orbital variations of the Sun initiate global warming. This then triggers the release of the greenhouse gases, carbon dioxide, and methane (Hilderman, 2011). These gases intensify the orbital warming. So, the natural climate cycle occurs because of orbital changes and greenhouse gases.... [tags: Global warming, Climate change, Greenhouse gas]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- Climate Change, or “Global Warming,” has been a point of argument for many years. There are many theories for how and why the climate has changed and been affected. The big question is, Are humans really causing the climate to change or is it some other cause no one is willing to see. All around climate change or “Global Warming” is a cycle of the Earths atmospheric temperature, because statistics show that this cycle has been occurring for millions of years. There is no direct evidence supporting the claim that humans have any direct effect on global warming.... [tags: Global warming, Carbon dioxide, Climate change]
1068 words (3.1 pages)
- During the Earth’s existence, there have been shifts in weather that seem near unexplainable. Without documentation of these events, there is no way of knowing exactly what caused these strange shifts in weather or to what extent. So many people see the ice caps melting and automatically blame pollution and the negligence of people. While it is true that most people do not take care of the environment and have little respect for it, is it possible that the negligence is just a factor and not the driving force.... [tags: Pollution, History fo the Earth, Global Warming]
1215 words (3.5 pages)
- One of the most vigorously debated topics is the issue of climate change, the climate that all living things have come to rely upon is changing by the effects of global warming. What can we do to slow down this warming. How will we undo all the damage we human beings have created. While we are waging wars against each other or enjoying our luxurious life not bothering to lift a finger to help the world, the world as we know it—beaches, grasslands, forests, snowcapped mountains, giant chunks of ice caps—hangs on a thread, in danger of falling out of balance anytime.... [tags: Global Warming Essay]
951 words (2.7 pages)