Social networking is getting more popular and common nowadays. However, there is a stereotype that the Internet correlating is created only for young people, and can be popular only among youth. Some people are also interested in joining the social network. Old people are in need of social networks on equal basis with the youth, not only to diversify life but also to learn and study something new, stay close to the modern world. Facebook is a prime example of a website that is preferred for these purposes. Therefore, Facebook is an Excellent Social platform for older people. In fact, from the year 2000 to the year 2009, the number of people who aged between 50 and 64 who use Facebook increased by 70%. With Facebook, older people have the ability to share a lot of things with family and friends, including the safety and security and it’s easy to use.
With Facebook older people have the ability to share photos and videos. Older people always stay close to relatives with the help of Facebook. They can communicate at any time they want, send and receive photos and videos from each other. This way it is possible to keep informed of events of the family life. In addition, there also can be found old friends and distant relatives. Besides, it is crucial to know for elderly that they still have a loving family and participate in the lives of their children and grandchildren. In addition, Facebook is the perfect way to achieve these goals. Social networking provides the possibility to communicate with other people, depending on age and physical state. This maintains social relationships, which is especially significant for older people and pleasant aging. People sooner or later are left alone...
... middle of paper ...
...tform, which has become beneficial to not only the young generation but also the older people. Facebook is good because good network for older people because they can share photos, videos, its safety and security and its easy to use. After retirement, most of the older people are unable to travel to meet with their relatives and Facebook offers an efficient platform for connecting with the relatives. It increases their self-competency, cognitive development as well as healthy impacts on their bodies, both physical and mental. In their ages, the older people are still able to enjoy activities across the platform as they learn new skills about technologies.
Kate, Finn. Social Media Use by Older Adults. 2010. Print.
Kinder, Lucy. "Facebook 's Oldest Official User Is 101 Year-old Californian Woman." The Telegraph. Telegraph Media Group, 28 Aug. 2015. Web.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Most people associate the Facebook social media with young citizens. People believe that the Facebook social media platform was created and designed only to fit the young adults. This notion came about because over 75% of Facebook users are below the age of 45 (Ongeri, 2). Also, most of the social activities the take place on the Facebook platform are associated with young adults. For instance, most occasions the Facebook is used for mingling. The mingling is only considered as an act of the younger generation (Ruti & Moran, 46).... [tags: Facebook, Sociology, Old age, Gerontology]
1944 words (5.6 pages)
- The Contrast Between Facebook And Twitter Social media has become a major epidemic in today’s society. According to millions of people have signed up on social media websites, allowing their basic information to be shared with the world wide web. Two of the biggest social media websites today are Facebook and Twitter. The new generation tends to use Twitter over Facebook, the older generation prefer Facebook over Twitter. Though Facebook and Twitter serve the same purpose and have many similarities, they both differ in many ways.... [tags: Twitter, Social media, Facebook]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- If you walk into a classroom full of teenagers and ask how many of them have a type of social media, and a majority of the students will raise their hand. Social media has become a lifeline in countless people’s lives in today’s society. One of the most popular social networking sites is Facebook. With millions of account holders, it is hard to find an individual who does not associate with Facebook. This shows that Facebook impacts a vast number of people throughout the world. For many, Facebook has become their way of socializing, causing people’s social skills to plummet.... [tags: Facebook, Social media, MySpace]
1905 words (5.4 pages)
- In the 20th century it took very little time to find something fun to do. Outdoor activities such as sports, hide-and-go-seek, tag, etc. brought happiness to many around the world. By the end of the 90s, many turned away from these outdoor activities and looked to social media for entertainment. “The first social media site that everyone can agree actually was a social media website called Six Degrees” (Terrell). Six Degrees was the first site where one could make a profile and chat with friends.... [tags: Facebook, Twitter, Social media]
1386 words (4 pages)
- In the 20th century, it took very little time to find something fun to do. Outdoor activities such as sports, hide-and-go-seek, tag, etc. brought happiness to many around the world. By the end of the 90s, many turned away from these outdoor activities and looked to social media for entertainment. “The first social media site that everyone can agree actually was a social media website called Six Degrees” (Terrell). Six Degrees was the first site where one could make a profile and chat with friends.... [tags: Facebook, Twitter, Social media]
1381 words (3.9 pages)
- Over the past few years, social media has grown rapidly and gained the attention of individuals across the world. What exactly is social media. Basically, social media is a form of electronic communication that allows individuals to communicate with each other, create social profiles, and even share their perception on music and photos. Surprisingly, social media has caused some countries to produce boycotts and other types of rebellions. More than fifty percent of people learn about breaking news through social media.... [tags: Facebook, Twitter, Social media]
1551 words (4.4 pages)
- Since 2006, Twitter has become a huge social media platform. Over a billion people use twitter on a daily basis. Everyone from celebrities to the average teenager has a twitter. Over the last decade, Twitter has been affecting the way we communicate with one another. Twitter causes people to receive information quicker, oversimplify conversations, and impacts the in person conversations that occur every day. Who would have guested that a hundred and forty characters would change we communicate. Even though there are some excellent things with Twitter, there are also a lot of negative things that can come from it.... [tags: Twitter, Social media, Conversation, Super Bowl]
1687 words (4.8 pages)
- Schools have been drastically changed because of student and teacher use on social media. Social media pages give the students and teachers a place they can both go and post information about their private life but still interact. The idea of students being able to quickly get help from one of their teachers when they are away from school through social media is a fantastic thing that could help many different people, but this idea did not have the effect that was intended. Many schools have banned teachers from friending their students and monitor what the teachers post to make sure everything is school appropriate.... [tags: Facebook, Social media, Twitter]
1220 words (3.5 pages)
- “The Facebook Sonnet” and “Icicles,” are two poems that have two different forms of poetry structure incorporated into them. With each different style of poetry comes an equal amount of ways of interpreting the purpose and the meaning of the poem. Each poem is directed to its own type of audience, the types of audiences that are being demonstrated in “The Facebook Sonnet” is determined by thinking outside the box and think about what happens when somebody takes a website that is mostly used by adults who use it sometimes just to communicate with each other and the second type of audience that is being demonstrated is the connection between a father and son spending time together comparing Ic... [tags: Meaning of life, Poetry, Facebook, Social media]
1040 words (3 pages)
- In today 's world, print ads are a dying form of advertising. A new form of marketing is beginning to sweep over consumers: social media. Social media is quickly becoming essential for businesses, leaving print ads and television commercials in the dust. With the rise of importance in social media, companies have been able to adapt and integrate this technology to improve their marketing and advertising. Companies have improved their marketing using social media by reaching more consumers in different ways, reaching their specific target audience more efficiently and maintaining closer relationships with their customers Social media is a phenomenon unlike any other in its ability to grow a... [tags: Advertising, Social media, Marketing, Mass media]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- The 's Narrator And Happy Sad Endings
- Is Your Father Responsible For Your Life?
- The Dictatorship Of Augusto Pinochet
- The Importance Of The Cultural Institution Of Canadian Federalism And The Political Leadership Of Prime Minister Pierre Elliot Trudeau
- The World War I And The End Of The War
- Hipaa Compliant Xamarin Mhealth App Development