I think Excel is a good tool and should be used by everyone, because it is a reliable and easy to master at any age. With features like a calculator to help you do your most complex math problems. To Sparkline that provide a simple visualization of effects across your data that you enter on chart. Another cool visualization tool is conditional formatting that allows you to create heat maps that turns ordinary data into a spectrum of color. Another good use for excel is that if you have a family it’s a good way to calculate and set up a budget.
From another angle though excel is good to use and know because it can enhance your career. In today’s job market working with and mastering any of the office software is an added bonus to an employer looking to hire you. Excel is one of those applications that you should take a few moments throughout your day to learn. It is one of the most highly used tools in companies today whether they’re big or small.
According to Business news Daily using excel to create pivot tables are super easy and a skilled that once mastered you will have for life. It allows the users to summarize and enter data sets from on...
... middle of paper ...
...tegories that they incorporate with information from their updates t their post. Then they build sub categories according to what they want to trend and what’s hash tagging at that time. This allows companies to watch and analyze their followers and fans and what they post and hash tag. They can also use the content that they post about to promote products and upcoming events. For companies like Facebook, twitter and Instagram this is important because it builds engagement and community support.
Let’s face it in the world that we live in today technology and software changes by the hour. Everyday technology as well as software are being tweaked and changed to fit the demand of its users and buyers. Excel has come a long way and has added plenty of function and features since first being release in 1987, and in the year 2015 it only stands to get better with time.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction Microsoft Excel 2013 (Ms Excel 2013) is a spreadsheet application advanced by Microsoft as part of Ms Office suit software whose stable system release was on September 8th, 2015. The application incorporates numerous new features ranging from calculation tools, graphing tools, pivot tables among other productive, collaborative and security features all for performance improvements. Basically, the Excel 2013 has its improvements from previous versions due to its ability of highlighting the expedient and relevant features for the common users.... [tags: Spreadsheet, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office]
935 words (2.7 pages)
- Making a Spreadsheet for a Teacher's Grades and Attendance My friend’s class teacher named Dave has to take a register every day and has to keep marks that students have achieved on a regular basis. Dave finds it very hard to keep all his papers organised, as they tend to overflow and get messy. Because of this it can be an agonising process trying to find a students set of results or attendance marks when they are needed. He recently received a new computer from his Dad as a present.... [tags: Papers]
1388 words (4 pages)
- Everyone knows the basics of Microsoft Office, but do you know how to use the COUNT formula in Excel or create a signature line in Word. Taking classes in high school and being a part of the Future Business Leaders of America (FLBA) organization allowed me to learn the more advanced features of Microsoft Office. The FBLA organization helped me do this by competing in computerized competitions at the local, state, and national level. My high school even offered the Microsoft Office Specialist test, which allowed me to become certified.... [tags: Spreadsheet, Microsoft Office, Microsoft]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- It took me the whole forty-five minutes to work on the excel spreadsheet. The excel spreadsheet project was going really well for me until I got three quarters of the way to the end. I am really struggling on the formulas and once I pick them up I should be good. Your year in school and when you expect to graduate. I am in my junior year at Western Michigan University. And I am expected to graduate, in my spring semester, of the year 2018. Explain why are you taking this class. I am taking this class so I can learn the techniques needed to be successful, when managing sales employees.... [tags: Spreadsheet, Microsoft Excel]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- Easy Tips to Improve your Excel Formulas Many people in the business world tend to shy away from using Microsoft Excel. One of the main reasons that they do this is because they are intimidated by excel formulas. These are definitely areas within the program that are difficult, especially when you are first starting out. However, with a few tricks and tips, you can easily find that it is much simpler than perceived to create effective and powerful excel formulas. Here are some ways for you to do just that: Keep it Simple The first thing you need to remember when you are working with Excel formulas is to keep them as simple as you possible can.... [tags: Spreadsheet, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel]
931 words (2.7 pages)
- Computer System Design for Camelot Restaurant Bookings System Introduction The Camelot restaurant is owned by the Whitbread Company and is located in Chigwell Row, it serves food to many different people around the area. The main source of bookings is via the telephone but also at the booking desk in the restaurant, the booking form requires the following information: · Name of the booking, usually the person who books it surname · Time of the booking, this is the time when the customer wants to sit down for there meal · How many guests on the table, this is how many spaces are required on the table for the guests · Smoking or Non Smoking, this is wh... [tags: Papers]
3320 words (9.5 pages)
- Excel Spreadsheet Use and the Strategic Corporate Plan Introduction In years past, every well-run corporation undoubtedly had a written business plan. Oftentimes, these plans were considered by many to be an exercise in frustration, as they were laboriously considered, written, then stored on the company's library shelf until the next business planning cycle. The last few decades have seen a radical change in the way companies do their planning. More often than not, the "old" business plan - though still produced and of value in its own right - is given less attention than the newer Strategic Plan.... [tags: essays papers]
1566 words (4.5 pages)
- Accounting; From Clay Tablets to the Cloud, How Technology has Changed the Accounting Profession Every business professional knows that accounting is the language of business. The language of business has especially been transformed in the last 38 years due to the almost constant change in technology. Accounting professionals have become the interpreters for the language of business, a language that all business professionals must understand to be successful in today’s highly competitive market.... [tags: Spreadsheet, Microsoft Excel, Accountancy]
1757 words (5 pages)
- M3 - Compare different automation methods In MOD’s excel workbook I have used many macros to create shortcuts to different sheets and also macros to perform various tasks. Overall using macros will speed up how fast the end user can use and navigate the sheet and also make it easier to use. I have also used auto-sum, this automatically entered in a certain formula that I had chosen. By using auto-sum I saved time by not having to enter in long formulas. I have also used an automated filter tool, this tool filters out any data that the user decides is unneeded, which will help the user as it does not show data that useless to them or is unneeded.... [tags: Spreadsheet, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office]
709 words (2 pages)
- Word Microsoft Corporation USE APP 1 / 3 Unit 2. Working in the Science Industry Assignment 3. Part A. 1. How would you transfer old written documents (e.g.) Health and Safety records) into the LIMS. Most old documents are hand written but now we rely on electronic copy as it is easier to find using the search button rather than looking through stacks of old paper documents, one by one.Old documents such as images and files can be scanned and uploaded onto the system, in a PDF format or word format and old data such as order lists, which used to be kept in a log book, can be put in spreadsheet format such as Excel, in a folder, with a clear name to show what the investigation is about.... [tags: Spreadsheet, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office]
1380 words (3.9 pages)