Once students graduate high school they don’t really know if they should continue their education and get a career of their choice or, get a full time job. Most people think that getting a college education is a waste of time since getting a job is harder than getting a full time job, also going to college and paying for students loans is what scares them the most. But what the undergraduate do not know is that they can get more money and better benefits then a full time job.
According to Selingo “Most students that graduated from college will get a payment notice from their student loans.” Some students will have a huge debt but won’t have the opportunity to use their education for their career they choose. Since some colleges are expensive some students like to go for a career that would most likely be the cheapest. Not being able to follow dreams because colleges are crazy expensive or do not offer the classes they need in order to graduate. “The Thiel fellowship grants adults (20-25) $100,000 to drop out of college and purse their interest” remarks Selingo. Foundations giving young adults a large amount of money to drop out of college so they could go with them and not worry about paying college loans. But not all students go to college for education, some pay for those expensive classes to go out and have a different experience.
Going to college isn’t all about going to school and trying to pay off student loans. College is about a new experience, and meeting new people that have the same interest in you. Joining a sorority is what young adults like to do. Sororities have huge parties and treat everyone like family. Young adults join sororities so they can live the crazy party life. This is...
... middle of paper ...
...d graduate on time or even early if they are on top of the homework. Going to the school on the main campus allows students to interact with teachers face to face and ask questions about the homework.
There are many ways to get a college education, some college students apply for financial aid, write letters to get a scholarship or even do silly things to get a college education and by silly I mean look up scholarships that make students compete against others. Not getting a college experience is one of the worst things to do. It teaches you how to survive out in the real world like a professional instead of flipping burgers at a fast food restaurant for people that you went to high school with. College is not all about student loans, it is about achieving new goals and it prepares young adults for the new challenges they are about to face in the career they chose.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Is higher education worth the time and money. This is a question many people start to ask as the college cost increases. However, education plays a major part in today’s society; it plays an important role in everyone’s life. It is important to get an education beyond high school. It is also important to acquire knowledge and skills because it brings a positive change in life. The education received from the college or university will be very beneficial for people. However, they have to be motivated and creative in order to make the cost worth and become successful in life.... [tags: Higher education, Academic degree, High school]
1552 words (4.4 pages)
- Many college graduates are finding it hard to get jobs. The biggest issue is the amount of debt Americans are facing due to the college degree they were told they should have. Colleges have been raising the prices on everything from tuition to books. The government is giving out loans to students without even asking where they’re going to school for, or if they’ll even have a plan to pay off the debt in the future. The mentality is that corporations and business won’t hire someone unless they possess a college degree.... [tags: debt, college degree, prices]
1582 words (4.5 pages)
- Many students attend college to advance their education. Weather some people believe it or not, having an education is very important. This can be a life changing experience and it can make a huge difference down the road. So, do I think college is worth the money. Absolutely. Education and being knowledgeable can open many doors and give students so many opportunities that they would not have had had they not attended college. Today I will be going over a few reasons why college is worth the time and money and I will also be discussing some reason why some people feel that it is a waste of money.... [tags: Education, University, Higher education]
1022 words (2.9 pages)
- It’s no secret that college is expensive, student’s spend thousands of dollars on college tuition and textbooks to attain their desired degree. Throughout our college career we as students dig ourselves into debts and student loans, once we graduate we are left with a burden to bare. With how much it cost to further our education, is college really worth it. College is not worth the financial burden, it isn’t worth the average 23,000 dollar debt. Many of us choose to go through with college regardless of price because a rich fulfilling education is the best thing an individual could ever receive, but only one in three individuals believe their college education is worth the money.... [tags: Education, University, Higher education, Debt]
867 words (2.5 pages)
- Higher education, which is defined as accepting Four-year university or college education, has become the mainstream educational model through the whole world. However, the continuous rising of college tuitions makes us focus on the problem “Is College Worth THE Money” came up with Daniel. Should we insist to finish our higher education at cost of expensive tuition. Or should we drop out of university and go to work directly. The conflicts arise when we try to define the value of higher education.... [tags: Higher education, University, College]
1038 words (3 pages)
- College is worth the money There is more to learn than what is in a book. When contemplating is going to college worth the cost. Think of all that going to college will provide in the future. Yes college is expensive and many don’t try to attend because of the fear and cost. There is much to be gained, there are many ways that one can pay for college that helps to eliminate some of the end cost. Think of the future, and the things in life, that a good education can provide. I am in my 40s and attending college on my own.... [tags: Employment, High school, Higher education]
1280 words (3.7 pages)
- Is college worth the time and money. Yes. Those who go to college, may find it to be a learning and self-developing experience. College will prove to be a great investment when the person puts in the hard work and determination. Not many will agree with this, as it is in the case of Caroline Bird. In Caroline Bird’s essay, “College is a Waste of Time and Money,” she discusses arguments that try to convince the reader that college is insignificant. However, these allegations are composed of fallacious logic such as: failing to accept the burden of proof, hasty generalization, and sob story.... [tags: Higher education, Education, University]
1111 words (3.2 pages)
- Are college degrees worth the money. Many would wonder this question because graduate degrees are no longer an option or privilege, but rather a necessity. Some may find it as a waste of time or money. Today we are condition to believe that having a higher education will make finding a career easier. In today society technology is advancing and computers are doing pretty much running everything. Bachelor 's degree is no longer worth what it 's used to be back in the day. We have people in the world today that have better careers and have never attended college compared to those that have.... [tags: Academic degree, Higher education]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- In today’s society some would argue whether or not college is actually worth the prize anymore. People who just have a high school diploma do not get as far as they did back in the day; furthermore, people are believed that they need higher education in order to succeed in life. College education could raise a student’s chance of economic success in the future; it also allows people to undergo an atmosphere that is a step closer to the “real world”. College is worth the time and money because of the benefits such as, better pay, more opportunities, and having pride.... [tags: High school, Higher education, College]
708 words (2 pages)
- The Game of Loans In today’s society, students often question whether or not college is really worth the debts and the costs of it all. The question remains, is it actually worth it. To answer this question, it is absolutely worth all the money. In fact, “a bachelor’s degree can help recent graduates earn 83 percent more than peers who only completed high school.” (White, Gillian B.) The opposing side would disagree with that statement because to them, they can go out and get a job making money instead of having to pay for “useless classes.” However what the population doesn’t know is how much better, earning a college degree is for a student’s future.... [tags: High school, Higher education, University]
892 words (2.5 pages)