Previously in my career I had accessed an E-Learning product named Captivate and decided to explore the possibilities of developing this software further by deploying it as a learning tool. Captivate is a development of Adobe produced to be an electronic learning tool which provides recordings and replay videos of certain sequenc...
... middle of paper ...
Goble, F. G. (2004). The Third Force: The Psychology of Abraham Maslow. [Online] Available from: http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=lE9Uj40Wh3cC. [Accessed: 18/2/2014]
Nisar, T. (2004) E-Learning in Public Organizations. Public Personnel Management. [Online] 32, (4). Available from http://eprints.soton.ac.uk/id/eprint/35864 [Accessed on 17.2.14]
Prakashan, N. (2007). Current Trends in Management. [Online] Available from:
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=K8zJw-CshBYC [Accessed: 19.2.2014]
Reece, I. & Walker, S. (1994) A Practical Guide to Teaching and Learning. 2 Ed. Tyne and Wear: Business Education Publishers Limited.
Tummons, J. (2010) Theories of Learning and Learners in the Lifelong Learning Sector. In: Avis, J. & Fisher, R. & Thompson, R. Teaching in Lifelong Learning: A Guide to Theory and Practice. Maidenhead: Open University Press.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The past couple of years have been a journey to say the least. I have made many mistakes over time and I’ve learned mostly from trial and error. Knowing that my goal was to graduate from a four year university proved to be insufficient. Looking back, it was merely a starting point. It took me some time to understand that having a goal and achieving a goal were very different. Understanding what distinguished them was crucial to making changes in my life. I initiated this change by adopting a new attitude towards my education.... [tags: Education, College, Learning, Higher education]
1902 words (5.4 pages)
- Albert Einstein once said, “It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge” (“27 Awesome”, 2015). This is essentially what every effective teacher strives to accomplish. An ineffective teacher, however, is not one to go above and beyond for the sake of a student’s education. This makes effective teachers one of the most important assets to a classroom. To be an effective teacher, one must master the skill of class and time management, be conscious of classroom diversity, and use cooperative learning as well as other techniques or strategies.... [tags: Education, Management, Teacher, Learning]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- In order for learning to take place in the classroom the teacher has to put in place an effective teaching and learning strategy. Being an effective teacher is not something that can be achieved instantaneously but rather something that has to be continuously developed and improved upon over time. Petty mentions how good teachers are not born but rather make themselves and that effective teaching comes from learning from your mistakes and successes. Petty, p. 516, 2009. This process involves teacher reflection and assessment of the effectiveness of different teaching strategies used in the classroom.... [tags: Education, Learning, Teaching, Learning styles]
1220 words (3.5 pages)
- Learning is the lifelong process of transforming information and experience into knowledge, skills, behaviors and attitudes. It may occur as part of education, personal development or training. According to Hinchliff (1999), there are many factors that can give and affect the quality of learning such as students, teachers and the environment. Meanwhile, learning environment itself is the physical or virtual setting in which learning takes place. Hannafin, Land & Oliver (1999) described learning environment as a typically constructivist in nature, engaging learners in “sense-making” or reasoning about extensive resource set, including four components which are enabling context, resources, a... [tags: Nursing Reflective Practice]
1842 words (5.3 pages)
- Introduction Design elements are important for effective learning and transfer of training. Noe (2013) explains “…for learning and transfer of training to occur, training programs need to include meaningful material, clear objectives, opportunities for practice and feedback, learner interaction, and a supportive work environment”. Furthermore, Noe (2013) explains there needs to be an effective training program that maximizes learning and transfer of training for the trainee. Campbell Soup Company has a goal to design a meaningful leadership experience for the participants that will provide them with information related to the many variations of leadership styles.... [tags: Leadership, Skill, Knowledge, Learning]
740 words (2.1 pages)
- Metacognition often described as the "thinking about thinking"is a decision making process. Metacognition improves learning because it helps students; recognize which learning strategies are effective and which are not; helps student recognize what their learning and memory capabilities are.involves many other tasks as : monitoring, understanding and analyzing the progress. The better a person will be in a metacognitive skill the higher their learning and the goal they have set to achieve will be accomplished.... [tags: Learning, Cognition, Memory, Metacognition]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- As a trainer for a Health Trust it is my role to train all members of medical and non-medical employees how to use the clinical system. There has been a change in the clinical database by way of a new innovative system named Lorenzo which resulted in over 1000 employees being retrained on how to access the new clinical system to record their patient activity. The project began by requesting all members of staff to attend mandatory computer training as a requirement of their job specifications. As this was a vast process the training was divided in to clinical training and administrative training.... [tags: teaching, learning]
1685 words (4.8 pages)
- There are several characteristics that are valuable to an organization. They must understand the environment internally and externally so that their creativity level is positively impacted by this knowledge. They must also be a visionary so that they can lead their business into the future, so they are constantly evolving. An organization must be flexible and know how to select good managers that will oversee their business so that they are free to work on their vision. Some of the best ideas will come from those who are in the business daily and any organization who wants to be a success must welcome the ideas of those they trust to manage their businesses.... [tags: Business Management ]
2451 words (7 pages)
- Our schools are full of a variety of children who are diverse in their own ways. What comes to mind when you hear the word diversity within schools. Many people think of race or culture, but diversity in our schools is more than that. Diversity can include race, religion, culture, and even learning styles in a classroom. In the past classrooms where not that diverse consisting of white protestant students. Currently diversity in classrooms is on the rise big time. Today’s classrooms are more effective in diversity, learning styles, and influences than past years.... [tags: Education Schools]
1870 words (5.3 pages)
- Teachers in schools are continuously trying to figure out news to approach effective learning in the classroom. Over the years, many strategies have been used to improve student’s overall learning and retaining of information: many have succeeded and many have tremendously failed. As a student, I know what is the best way for me to learn. But as I have watched other student’s achievement in the classroom, I notice what is best for us as a whole. The prime methods of learning should be handwritten note taking, student-to-student studying, and even review games.... [tags: teachers and education]
543 words (1.6 pages)