Driving should be used to get from one place to another but instead people just drive pointlessly all around and it can be so dangerous. What people seem to not realize is that teenagers don’t have the right mind-set to have the responsibility of driving a car. Car crashes are the leading cause of death for U.S. teens (Teen Drivers: Get The Facts). It is sickening but it’s the truth. I think that the driving test to get your license should be much harder. Teenagers who have just turned 16 and get their license are not ready for that responsibility and many times; parents do not spend enough time with the teen. In 2013, 1,644 males were killed in motor vehicle accidents and 878 females were killed, a total of 2,524 (Teenagers). There are statistics like these every year. Although the statistics of deaths in teenagers are decreasing, the number is still excessively high.
The leading cause of deaths in teenagers can be completely gotten rid of but people ignore the fact that it is happening. So many people use driving for getting from one place to another and I understand that, it makes sense. I can see where it is needed to get to your parents for Christmas or to a f...
... middle of paper ...
...lso a huge difference between other people and I. The damage that cars can truly do is very hard to understand unless it happens to you and once it does, it is something that you will never ever want to experience again.
I honestly cannot stand driving. The only reason I can see myself driving is if people stopped using cars to leisurely drive around and only use them to get from point A to point B. I feel like this change in the use of cars would keep many people from getting into accidents.
The only was I can say this is that cars are weapons and people need to realize that. Cars cause so much damage and heart break for people and I truly feel that it is damage and heart break that could be prevented with just a little bit more education. Teenagers, and everyone for that matter, need to learn more about the problems and consequences that come along with driving.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A study made by Virginia Tech, says that an individual is twenty-three times more likely to get in a car accident if they are distracted by a mobile device (cbsnews.com). Thirty-eight states have banned texting, and 8 states have partial bands on texting and driving. Evidence shows that drivers that are distracted by a phone, while behind the wheel of a 4000 pound vehicle endanger not only themselves but others as well. “You’re a hazardous driver to yourself and everybody else” (Web MD). The impacts and effects associated with texting and driving should be outlawed because of the danger that every single driver and passenger are at risk of.... [tags: Distracted Driving]
844 words (2.4 pages)
- Drunk driving is a hot topic in today’s media, because it is very important not to drink and drive. Traffic accidents are mostly caused by people driving under the influence, between the age of 15 and 29, DUI is one of the main causes of death. Drinking has a bad side effect it could possible damage or even kill a liver The illegal crime may not involve actual driving of the vehicle, but rather may generally include being physically in control of a car while intoxicated even if the person charged is not driving.... [tags: Driving under the influence, Alcoholic beverage]
736 words (2.1 pages)
- Drinking and Driving There is a killer that is very silent that nobody really can see and it is called alcohol. Alcohol has been a huge problem in society for as long as we can remember. Alcohol makes a person’s judgment and perception lack off and it makes them do things that they would not normally do and their actions are usually fatal (Drinking and driving statistics). One of those unnecessary things being referred to is drinking and driving. It can ruin people’s life in a blink of an eye. Drinking and driving causes people to do crazy things on the road.... [tags: Driving under the influence, Alcoholic beverage]
751 words (2.1 pages)
- Limbaugh claims that distributing condoms in school is a bad thing to do. Limbaugh is against passing out condoms in school. On the other hand, his opponent’s claim young people are going to be promiscuous and there’s no way to prevent it, in return they need to be supplied with a safe barrier to protect themselves. Limbaugh wonders whose theory says “The youth are going to engage in it no matter what, there’s no way to prevent it.” Limbaugh states, why only apply that reasoning to sexual relations.... [tags: Human sexual behavior, Sexual intercourse]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- Today in the world you see how driving becomes an everyday thing, everybody uses a car to get to the destination they need whether it’s their job or just to go out. Many out there have their driver’s license, while others are just starting to learn how to drive to obtain their driver’s license. Everybody has always had an issue with what the right age should be to allow people to obtain their driver’s license and drive. While some people don’t argue with the age that teenagers should be allowed to drive, others don’t agree on letting teenagers get their driver’s license at such young age.... [tags: Driving, Driver's license, Automobile]
1068 words (3.1 pages)
- Today in the world you see how driving has become an everyday thing, everybody uses a car to get to the destination they need whether it’s their job or just to go out. Many out have their driver’s license, while other are just starting to learn how to drive to obtain their driver’s license. Everybody has always had an issue with what the right age should be to allow people to obtain their driver’s license and drive. While some people don’t argue with the age that teenagers should be allow to drive, others don’t agree on letting teenagers get their driver’s license at such young age.... [tags: Driving, Driver's license, Automobile]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- Texting and driving is quickly becoming one of the most dangerous things that an individual can do. If texting and driving becomes illegal people are more likely to get into an accident. “In fact, research conducted by the Highway Loss Data Institute (2010) suggest that enacting texting free bans may actually increase the likelihood of an accident occurring.” (Kareklas & Muehling 224) The people would try to hide their phone, which would take their eyes off of the road even more. If we can get people to stop texting while driving there will be fewer accidents, since people will have to pay more attention to the road.... [tags: Text messaging, Mobile phone, Tram accident]
1491 words (4.3 pages)
- As Americans we love our cars, trucks, SUVs, and motorbikes for many different reasons. One major reason is that they are an easy and convenient mobility; a personal mode of transportation. It is rather hard to imagine what this county would be like without all the roads and vehicles on them. This is abundantly evident in Arizona, where the majority of us drive to most all of our activities from going to work or taking the kids for an ice cream. We jump into our vehicle and go. However, a curious thing often happens when we get in our car, truck and SUVs.... [tags: Driving Safety]
1048 words (3 pages)
- You’re in a world full of no traffic signs, no steering wheel, no seatbelt, and even no other cars on the road; it may seem like a mere example of heaven and laziness, but no. You’re just drunk. Drunk driving gives you a feeling of invincibility and strength to do whatever you feel like. But in reality, you’re even more prone to being severely injured or dying. The brain is a sensitive organ that is used to send signals to the whole body. In an article “Alcohol Alert: Drinking and Driving”, It states, “Driving involves multiple tasks” (1).... [tags: Alcohol, Alcohol Abuse, Driving, Influence]
1233 words (3.5 pages)
- People who drive distracted cause 8,000 crashes everyday in the United States amounting to 240,000 accidents in a month in the United States alone (The Huffington Post). This alarming number of accidents could either be deadly, severe, or a fender bender. Involvement in any accident could be costly, and they add points to licenses making insurance costs rise. Having all these factors come into play should make people think twice about texting and driving, but sadly people do not. People do not think before they act, which is why about twenty-six percent of Americans have admitted to texting while driving (Do Something).... [tags: car accidents, distracted driving, safety]
1444 words (4.1 pages)