Is Cosmetic Surgery Safe?
Cosmetic surgery is a surgery which aims for improvement of the aesthetic appearance of the person who wants this to be done. The goal of this is to improve a person’s appearance plus the self-confidence by the way that person looks. This surgery can be done or performed on any part of the body and face. If the patient is willing to undergo a cosmetic surgery, the patient should be ready for what could happen before the patient decides.
Although I should know better by now, I cannot help thinking that if cosmetic surgery is safe. People should be careful what they wish for. If the person is already insecure about the aspect of their appearance and physical looks, this person will suffer from a severe loss of confidence and then think they do need a cosmetic surgery. Although none of them have ever said so directly, people who I know have often give me the impression that undergoing a cosmetic surgery will be successful. Some patients may not be fully aware or prepared for the cost of cosmetic surgeries. There’s also a stress when it comes surgeries, one of these is lack of sleep, including also the pain and at some point depression is there too. In discussions of patients, one controversial issue has been if having a cosmetic surgery is dangerous. On the other hand, surgeons contend the patients who want to go through surgeries. Others even maintain their opinions about cosmetic surgery being dangerous. My own view is that people who have to go through cosmetic surgery must be ready whenever the result will be.
Plastic surgery is one of the oldest forms being used before. It is also a branch of surgery, the redoing or remodeling the portion of human body to repair the damage or also for cosmetic purp...
... middle of paper ...
...f people doing this to improve their looks but keep in mind that not all cosmetic surgeries are safe. Cosmetic surgeries can make your face beautiful but there’s a lot of side effects with it. Since all surgeries are risky. Everybody should feel contented on whatever they have since being original is better. According to Joanna Flynn “it is concerned about people making rushed decisions and having unreasonable expectations.” (Flynn, 31). Joanna Flynn point is that most patients are making decisions quickly without thinking well and not satisfied with the result. Better make sure and have a solid research about the effects of surgeries. Aside from spending too much money in improving your physical appearance, technology is not even a 100% sure if it will work. Many people suffer the bad results from surgeries, this can ruin person’s image instead of making it better.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Cosmetic surgery is a procedure that reshapes and redefines the portions of a person’s body that he or she wishes to improve to his or her satisfaction. There are surgeries for just about every piece of a person’s physical being that he or she wishes to change. Dr. Angelo Cuzalina states, “Some people think of cosmetic surgery as not real surgery. . . It’s still surgery. You get cut. You bleed.” This professional is correct. Cosmetic surgery is a generally safe procedure; however, with every surgery comes risks.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Liposuction]
1340 words (3.8 pages)
- Plastic/cosmetic surgery is a vast area of practice that can be analyzed as a benefit to some individuals who desire to alter their appearance while others find this practice to be somewhat unnecessary. These procedures often times are a beneficial aid especially when many people live in a society where they are constantly judged and in many cases, a race against the clock not just men but for women. Plastic/cosmetic surgery carries many perks but with those perks can come great danger and overly-charged funds.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Breast implant, Surgery, Breast]
1724 words (4.9 pages)
- An extremely amount of people around the world do not feel comfortable with the face that they were born with and feel uncomfortable to show it. They believe they are ugliest people in the world and they feel like that whatever the people say is the truth. They believe that they have no other escape but to go in for cosmetic surgery. An enormous amount of men and woman go in for cosmetic surgery to make them look younger or fix a part of their face that they are unsatisfied with or they want to reshape something that to them is a disorder.... [tags: God, Religion, Cosmetic Surgery, Face]
941 words (2.7 pages)
- Cosmetic surgery is a vile trend throughout the U.S. society. The world has always appreciated beauty, but this is now taking a toll on children who because of their age are unaware of the lasting consequences. While there is no age limit for any conclusive procedure, cosmetic surgery is more glorified to be glamorous than safe, and it is time to stop putting teen´s bodies in danger. Teens oftentimes gain dignity and confidence when their physical faults are corrected, but dissatisfaction is shown to decrease the older one gets.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Breast implant, Surgery]
822 words (2.3 pages)
- Cosmetic Surgery - Worth the Risk. In today's society the picture of beauty is a thin super model with the body of a goddess posted on billboards all around the world. Children grow up playing with Barbie dolls with the body measurements of would be 90,60,90. Because of these pictures and other figures of beauties projected all over, a person is convinced to believe that to be beautiful and happy, one must look like these images. To most, the easiest way to achieve this is my having cosmetic surgery performed.... [tags: essays research papers]
1446 words (4.1 pages)
- ... 108). However, the potential health risks are downplayed and negative outcomes are attributed to the unpredictability of the aesthetic results or poor surgeon selection. More importantly, these frames tend to diverge from the actual surgical experience, which rather being neat and instantaneous, is often complex and painful. Nevertheless, it is the media-mediated frame that dominates the broader social discussion of cosmetic surgery and often reduces it to a consumable lifestyle option as opposed to a complicated medical procedure fraught with potential risks and uncertainties.... [tags: plastic surgery, tv advertisement]
1353 words (3.9 pages)
- In our society today, there are many people that are overweight and want to lose weight fast. Some people consider liposuction, a technique in cosmetic surgery for removing excess fat from under the skin by suction. It is the most popular form of cosmetic surgery, and both men and women are using liposuction. It was introduced in 1982, and liposuction’s popularity increased as they improved the technique, and the recovery time. In 2002, there were 372,831 liposuction procedures performed in the United States, approximately 13% of all plastic surgical procedures.... [tags: Surgery, Anesthesia, Plastic surgery, Better]
1058 words (3 pages)
- So what if that lady with bigger breasts got the leading role in the play. Its what's in the inside that counts, right. One can repeat think this as many times as he or she likes, but one will somehow carry one back to the harsh reality. Talent is good, but it's great if it comes along with beauty. In a society where appearance is everything, time can be one's worst enemy. Who will save us from the evil signs of ageing. A plastic surgeon. Because of the rising economy, cosmetic surgery is now more affordable, which creates great demand for such services.... [tags: Cosmetic Surgery ]
2512 words (7.2 pages)
- Have you ever considered having plastic surgery. After reading this paper you might want the surgery or you might not. Plastic surgery, a form of art, can reconstruct your body and renew your confidence but can you accept the risks involved. Plastic surgery ranges from one- thousand dollars to three- thousand dollars or more depending on the surgery (Body fat reduction: Suction-Assisted Lipectomy). There are plenty types of plastic surgery. One type is called liposuction. The best candidates for liposuction are of relatively normal weight with pockets of excess fat in particular areas.... [tags: Plastic Surgery Cosmetic Surgery]
1093 words (3.1 pages)
- Cosmetic Surgery Cosmetic surgery has been a growing fascination for many people over the last couple of decades. The public eye has been watching movie stars and rock stars enhance their looks by getting breast implants, nose jobs, lip jobs etc. In Gary Schaefer’s article, “Emerging From Stigma, Cosmetic Surgery Remaking Face of Japan” from the Edmonton Journal, we hear the story of a nineteen year old woman named Risa Arato. She had a makeover done on the prime time Japanese television show, “Beauty Colosseum.” People of today are being offered this life altering surgery in a less expensive and more convenient way then ever before.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1368 words (3.9 pages)