My brothers don’t support me with school. No matter how hard I try and make them proud. Sometime when I look at their faces, they seem happy that I succeed, but they are not happy that they can’t do the same. They almost said no to me about coming to college for four years. They think that I am going to act badly in college and not doing what I am supposed to do. Sometime I am sad that I got to do everything on my own even though I am the youngest in my family. But I am happy that my mom and sisters are supporting me and motivating me. They keep telling me that I can do it and do what is best for me.
Based on what I read on Girl Power “ Malala, a smart young girl, started noticing that women in her country were being suppressed because of their gender”. The Taliban had control in Swat Valley at that time and didn’t allow girls to go outside or go to school. Malala speak up and she got shot in her head on her way back to home from school. She got shot on October 9, 2012 and went to England to get surgery. After she recovered, she saw how many girls from all over the world are supporting her. She was happy and started giving speeches. She won the Nobel Peace Prize on October 10, 2014. I believe that since we all have head between tw...
... middle of paper ...
...ace. I am facing all the challenging alone but it won’t made me give up on what I want because I want to show them that I can do this individually without needing their help. I got influenced by a lot of people, but my first role model is my mom. She supports me through all this hard time because she didn’t get to finish second grade. She knows, how does feel. I won’t let her down, I will make her proud to have me as a daughter. I got all this supports and braveness from mom, teachers and more. When other discouraging me, I think of this quote “ Many of the great achievement of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged people who kept on working”. I am strongly agree in this quote because there is a lot people who are working twice harder after they got pushed down. Sometime I also take discouraging as a compliment from so I can try hard to reach my goals.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Is College Worth It. In today 's society, there are multitudes of pressure high school students face. One of the biggest pressures put on high school students is the decision of going to college. From the moment students enter into a secondary education, they are constantly asked questions about their future plans. Teachers and parents expect students to perform their best, while giving them no chance but to look towards college. In some cases, however, college might not be the answer. Other options exist as alternate avenues after high school, however, these are not as often expressed as the idea of a four year university.... [tags: High school, Higher education, College]
1474 words (4.2 pages)
- Attending college is worth it. Students who a college education and graduate have many more life changing opportunities than those who don 't; the debates of studying after high school has been ongoing for countless years, but statistics have proven that majority to all students who go to college achieve more life goals than the average high school graduate. They receive better work benefits, life skills, higher paying salaries, etc. There is a downside to everything in life such as debt is to college education.... [tags: High school, Higher education, College]
2146 words (6.1 pages)
- As David Leonhardt states in his article, It College Worth It. Clearly, New Data Say, “ When experts and journalists spend so much time talking about the limitations of education, they almost certainly are discouraging some teenagers from going to college...”. In spite this argument, I believe the purpose of college is to prepare me for a good, well- paying job when I graduate. Since I came from a family background in which girls are always on the bottom and can’t get out of the tradition in boys zone.... [tags: High school, College, Teacher, Family]
1405 words (4 pages)
- Everyone knows that going to college and getting a degree is the most effective and guaranteed route to ensure a prosperous financial future, right. College is considered by most to be the best investment you can make in life, but what happens when that investment leaves you drowning in thousands of dollars in debt right after graduation day. This is the situation that millions of college graduates are faced with in 2016. Rising college tuition perpetuates student debt and is on a sharp incline and it seems to have no ambition of ever slowing down.... [tags: University, Higher education, College tuition]
1441 words (4.1 pages)
- American’s education system has been entering crisis mode for a long time. Throughout the past few years, the overwhelming question “Is college needed or worth it?” While it is an opinion, there are facts that back up each answer. Plato’s “Allegory of the Cave” mentions that the enlightened must help the unenlightened and further their knowledge. The problem with America today is that high school students are given the option of college and that makes for less enlightened people. While it is possible to learn in the work force or Army, college is a better option.... [tags: Higher education, Education, High school, College]
1099 words (3.1 pages)
- In recent discussions of "Is College Worth It?" by John Green, a controversial issue has been weather-attending college worth it or not. On the one hand, some argue that colleges are not worth attending because it is too expensive and they do not need a degree to get a good job. From this perspective, many people do not apply to a college. On the other hand, however, others insist that college is worth attending because it is expanding the knowledge and give more opportunity to find jobs. In the words of John Green one of this view 's proponents, " Education gave me perspective and context." According to this view, college is worth to apply for because it enlarges the information that people... [tags: Education, Learning, University, Student]
1018 words (2.9 pages)
- In recent discussions of "is college worth it?" by John Green, a controversial issue has been whether college worth to attend or not. On the one hand, some argue that colleges are not worth to attend because it is too expensive and they do not need a degree to get a good job. From this perspective, many people do not apply for a college. On the other hand, however, others insist that college worth to attend because it is expanding the knowledge and give more opportunity to find jobs. In the words of John Green on of this view 's proponents, " Education gave me perspective and context" (video).... [tags: Education, Learning, University, Student]
1014 words (2.9 pages)
- Wang 1Tyler WangP. BuentelloENG 13012 December 2016Is college worth it?: The value of a higher educationRecently, college has become a necessary and ideal step in life after graduatinghighschool for the general population, despite the it’s costly demand. Its pricey cost raises thequestion: Is a college education worth the money. College is an opportunity to experiencepersonal growth, to meet new people, gain new ideas, be inspired, and expand knowledge. Onthe other hand, college teaches you job-related experiences for your specialized major which ismuch needed to be employed in any industry.... [tags: Higher education, Academic degree, High school]
1042 words (3 pages)
- “Is College Worth it. Clearly, New Data Says” by David Leonhardt, “The Value of a College Degree” by Emily Hanford, “New study shows the value of a college education” by Hope Yen, and “Is College Worth It Anymore” by Kristen Sturt, all primarily discuss the advantages of a college education and its true value. In the United States, the student debt is over $1.2 trillion dollars. It is the second largest cause of debt following mortgage debt. When the media spends so much time talking about the limitations of a college education, they are discouraging some students from attending college.... [tags: Higher education, Academic degree, High school]
1166 words (3.3 pages)
- Nowadays, it is often said that one needs a college education in order to be better prepared for the future and the real world. In other words, society claims that by obtaining this degree, one is able to live a fulfilling and prosperous life. Apart from society, the Media also plays a contributing role in the effect college has on Americans. They equally consider higher level education a requirement and therefore, one must earn it. In the article, “Is College worth it. Clearly, New Data Says” by The New York Times, a statistic from the Labor Department by the Economic Policy Institute in Washington DC states that Americans with a four year degree are said to have made “98 percent more an h... [tags: Higher education, Academic degree]
835 words (2.4 pages)