United States Department of Agriculture Standards
Within the United State there is only one set of standards to grade beef and beef products being distributed interstate. The USDA put these standards in place after the Wholesome Meat Act of 1967 which states that, “USDA has authority to control movement of unfit meat and meat products and to require poultry products in interstate and foreign commerce to meet Federal inspection standards.” There are seven standards in place for commercial beef sale in the United States; they are on a sliding scale. Excellent quality beef is labeled as prime, which has a high degree of marbling or fat throughout the back, loin, ribs, and rump. Prime beef is going to be mainly used in steakhouses and restaurants throughout the nation. The quality of this particular type of beef is superior to the next standard of beef, choice...
... middle of paper ...
...he different vessels of marketing and production. There are also several options for vaccination depending upon if it is being done prior to weaning the calf or during the weaning process.
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Program has gone through great lengths to ensure calves and cattle are being properly vaccinated. They have come up with a program that is conscious to the different financial and economical situations of the rancher. The most basic program is made up of only one shot per cow, and fails to cover the most common reproductive viruses, brucellosis, leptospirosis and campylobecteriosis. However, this basic vaccination is super cost effective, at only $3.11 per cow. The “best” program covers everything from 5-way leptospirosos, 8-way clostridal toxoid, to Pasteruella hemolytica. This program is almost ridiculous at a cost of $8.69 per cow.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Picture this: You clock out of work a little after 5:00 pm on a Wednesday afternoon, and you head to your car. The rumbling of your stomach is all too audible as you slink into the driver’s seat, evidence of yet another skipped lunch. As you drive down the highway, your mouth begins to salivate at the thought of your next meal as your eyes scan the blue exit signs for anything with the word “food”. Then, you see it; a sign on the side of the highway indicating that there is a fast food joint at the next exit.... [tags: Advertising]
1050 words (3 pages)
- Prevost Commitment to Quality and Excellence Prevost places the utmost commitment to quality and product excellence and strives to be the premiere provider of the most advanced and superior chassis and luxury coach shells in the industry. Prevost commitment to quality starts in the manufacturing process when each piece of steel frame is held into place by a zero tolerance jig until the welding process is completed. There are other companies on the market that build alternative shells and chassis, but by not using a zero tolerance jig like Prevost actually turn out inferior products that have imperfections and slight variations.... [tags: quality standards, suppliers, software]
1378 words (3.9 pages)
- Introduction Health is an ever growing and developing sector. Newer diseases raise their head from time to time. These developments put new challenges for mankind. To meet the challenges put forward by the diseases and their outcomes; there is a need for scientific and strategic innovations. These innovative measures empower the healthcare sector to fight the disease and overcome the disease burden. Australian commission on safety and quality in healthcare is also one such innovative step that aims at provision of a universal healthcare service to all across Australia.... [tags: Quality Health Standards]
1666 words (4.8 pages)
- In response to Bologna Process and taking measures to promote quality assurance, Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (thereafter ESG) was published in 2005. However, the permeation of ESG remains limited on the higher education institutional (HEIs) level; conflicts emerged between institution administration and local authorities on how to enhance institutional quality culture; ESG has not been updated to follow the trends in higher education system.... [tags: quality, higher education, standards]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- ... It evaluate at the system and not the product. The evolution of ISO 9000 series took several stages. Defense standards and the British Standard BS 5750 take a major role in the development of ISO 9000. After the World War 2 (1945) it was clear to the government that quality of the product from different suppliers was variable. It forced them to introduce the concept of auditing suppliers to ensure that the way they did things was satisfactory, thus to produce satisfactory products. This idea become more popular and was taken up over time by a variety of firms, especially by the automotive industry.... [tags: ISO 9000, international trade]
1996 words (5.7 pages)
- Quality Program Quality programs have emphasized the need to improve quality in an organizations performance through product, process, or service improvement. These quality programs encourage growth beyond status quo that many American businesses have been satisfied with in order to compete the in global market successfully (Cohen, n.d.). One such quality program is the Deming’s 14 Point Philosophy which has been said to have inspired both the Total Quality Management and Six Sigma quality management programs (Mind Tools, 2013).... [tags: American businesses, Total Quality Management]
987 words (2.8 pages)
- What is quality Management activities and function involved in determination of quality policy and its implementation through means such as quality planning and quality assurance including quality control. Quality management principals to all areas of business from starting (design) t end (delivery) and confining them only for production activities. Significance of quality is ,to increased revenue and market share and through this it gives fast response to market opportunities. It helps to improve customer loyalty too.... [tags: quality control, management, quality policy]
1180 words (3.4 pages)
- Compared to most countries in the world, the United States of America is privileged. Americans are entitled to freedoms other countries do not have: freedoms of speech, press, religion, assembly, petition, and the right to bear arms. Every American has the right to a basic education, regardless of race, gender, or income; all Americans could have at least a high school diploma. Although this is wonderful, the quality of the education people receive in the United States does not reach its full potential.... [tags: American educations system should be better]
517 words (1.5 pages)
- Given the sizes of the European and American economies and the amount of trade between them, it is inevitable that disputes will arise. I will focus on the continuing clash over the European ban on hormone-treated beef and the recent dispute over American steel safeguard measures. These two trade disputes represent different types and different issues within the trade relationship, although both expose weaknesses in the WTO system. The beef hormone dispute represents a new type of ideologically-based trade dispute that is becoming more and more common .... [tags: Food Safety ]
1635 words (4.7 pages)
- The Battle Over Air Quality Standards Proposed by: The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) The American Lung Association (ALA) The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) The Sierra Club Consumer and Other Environmental Organizations Opposed by : The Air Quality Standards Coalition (It consists of approximately 600 industrial companies and interest groups) Automobile manufacturers The American Trucking Association, The National Association of Manufacturers The Chemical Manufacturers Association (CMA) According to the annual survey of air quality done by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in 1995, air pollution has decreased 30% nationwide ove... [tags: Environmental Pollution Essays]
1454 words (4.2 pages)