Is Abortion Murder?
Throughout the decades, women have planned out their family. They have designed the size, gender, and how far apart they want their children. Unfortunately in today’s society many women are using abortion as a type of birth control. A large portion of society believes that an abortion is the wrong action to take, and it should be made illegal. This consists of not only in the United States but throughout the entire world. Abortion should be outlawed everywhere because it is murder to an innocent child, it is a health risk to the mother, family problems, and it causes women to have emotional, physical, and, mental abuse after the procedure.
Since “life begins at conception,” abortion is murder as it is the act of taking human life. (Dougherty) Many people who are against the death penalty are in favor of abortion. However, they are both murder. Abortion is one of the worst types of murder because it is the killing of a person who has done nothing wrong. Some might understand that when people get raped they think the best thing to do is get an abortion. However, “Allowing abortion in cases of rape punishes the innocent child more than the guilty rapist.” (Brown Vol. 5) A baby’s life should not be taken because of someone else 's stupidity.
“Abortion can be deadly for some women.” (Bohon) Women who have had an abortion suffer an increased risk of heavy bleeding, blood clots in the uterus, pelvic infections, and future miscarriages. “It may also be increased the risk of breast cancer.” (Lanfranchi) Many women 's abilities to have a healthy pregnancy after an abortion are low. After an abortion, “women have a ninety seven percent chance of anxiety in their first trimester and a sixty four percent chance o...
... middle of paper ...
...tistics." Facts About Abortion:. Loxafamosity Ministries, Inc, 24 Feb. 2009. Web. 05 Nov. 2014.
Lanfranchi, Angela. "Abortion Increases the Risk for Breast Cancer." Abortion. Ed.
Tamara L. Roleff. San Diego: Greenhaven Press, 1997. Opposing Viewpoints. Rpt. from
"Abortion and Breast Cancer: The Link That Won 't Go Away." United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, 2007. Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 5 Nov. 2014.
Moore, K., and T. Persaud. "Baby Developmental Facts." Prolife Across America. Clinically Oriented Embryology, 1998. Web. 05 Nov. 2014.
Muchova, Lucia. "Study Showing Abortion Hurts Womens Mental Health Attacked." Lifenews.com, 8 Dec. 2011. Web.
Ney. "The Effects of Pregnancy Loss on Women’s Health." N.p., 1994. Web. 6 Nov. 2014.
Schafly, Phyllis. "Abortion Harms the Whole Family." Eagle Forum Legislative Alerts, 21 Oct. 2014. Web. 6 Nov. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A Murder of Innocents- Should Abortion Remain Legal. Can you imagine how it will be if someone took away your right to live. Well, that is what abortion is. Abortion it is not having any opinion in whether or not you want to live. Babies cannot do anything about their life when their mother decides to abort them. In other words, abortion is the human act of killing a new human being; the procedure to end pregnancy. Since 1973, when abortion was legalized, many abortions have been performed each year in the United States.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Childbirth, Human rights]
1875 words (5.4 pages)
- Approximately 42 million abortions occur a year worldwide. That is 3,500,000 a month, 115,000 a day, 4,800 per hour, and 80 per minute. About each second a baby dies due to abortion. Do these helpless babies really deserve being murdered without having a chance to live as a human being. Abortion is wrong. If a mother killed her baby after it was born, she would probably be charged of murder. What makes people consider that the baby’s life worthless and next important. This is because researches believe that a fetus isn’t an actual human and that it doesn’t feel pain.... [tags: The Right to Life, Pro-Life Essays]
632 words (1.8 pages)
- As many may know abortion is the deliberate termination of a human pregnancy. Abortion is one of the heaviest topics currently discussed in contemporary American politics. Also, it has always been a contentious issue. Even great philosophers like Plato and Aristotle weighed in on abortion, arguing its benefits and drawbacks in a democratic society. There are both pros and cons about abortion. In this quote it states, ”The pro-life movement seeks to force their moral beliefs on others - grounded in their own religion or personal philosophy.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Abortion debate, Human rights]
1772 words (5.1 pages)
- Today’s society is made up of such an abundant number of controversial issues. One of the most controversial issues being abortion- the act of intentionally termination a pregnancy resulting in the death of the fetus (Kreider, A. personal communication, March 24, 2011). Abortion is both constitutionally and morally wrong, and should be illegal in the United States in all but two cases: if the mother was raped (and pregnancy was as a result of the rape) or if the mother’s life would be put in endangerment by the pregnancy.... [tags: Argumentative Essay, Pro-life]
2743 words (7.8 pages)
- Since 1973, when it became legalized, abortion has been of the most controversial ethical issues in America. In the court case of Roe v. Wade, the Supreme Court came to the conclusion that women have the right to privacy which includes the right to having an abortion. This ruling has caused many controversies and millions of people throughout America protest against abortion every year. Abortion is an operation of other intervention to end a pregnancy by removing an embryo or fetus from the womb.... [tags: Argumentative Essay, Pro-life]
1197 words (3.4 pages)
- Legal Murder Is the precious gift of being able to create new life not enough to stop the endless murders. Abortions have been an issue in the courts since as early as 1973, but have recently become a bigger problem. “There have been more than 53 million abortions performed in the United States since Roe v. Wade was decided back in 1973(19 Facts).” The current status of this law is that women are still able to get abortions in every state, as long as it is still early in pregnancy. Some states claim that once there is a visible fetus, they will not perform it, but others will still perform abortions up to a certain number of weeks, some as many as twenty.... [tags: Pregnancy, Abortion, Fetus, Abortion law]
1352 words (3.9 pages)
- Stacy Basemera 2/10/16 Period 3 Murder or Right to Human Life. Background/History Abortion is a surgical procedure used to terminate a woman 's pregnancy. In society today there is a lot of conflict on whether or not abortion should be legal. But in reality the real question is whose rights are more important. The mother or the fetus. In the 1820’s, abortion was considered illegal after the fourth month during the pregnancy, and by the 1900’s abortion had been outlawed. The first ever abortion clinic was opened in Brooklyn, New York by Margaret Sanger who was an abortion advocate.... [tags: Abortion, Human rights, Abortion debate]
1316 words (3.8 pages)
- Abortion may be one of the most controversial topics in America today. Abortion is defined as “the termination of a pregnancy after, accompanied by, resulting in, or closely followed by the death of the embryo or fetus” (cite dictionary). There are really only two sides on people’s opinion on abortion; pro-life which means abortion should be outlawed and pro-choice which means a woman should be able to decide whether she wants to keep her baby. Thousands of protests and riots have begun due to the fact pro-life activists believe abortion should become illegal.... [tags: Abortion, Pregnancy, Roe v. Wade, Abortion law]
1088 words (3.1 pages)
- Speech: Abortion is Murder I. Human Life Begins At Conception II. Fetus Is Separate From Mother III. Abortion Methods Are Cruel And Disgusting IV. Abortions Are Unsafe V. Immoral, Spoken Against In Bible VI. Testimonies And Survivors VII. Statistics VIII. Alternatives IX. Unusual Situations I. Human Life Begins At Conception a. 1981 U.S. Senate Judiciary Subcommittee held hearings to discuss when human life begins – majority of experts said at conception b. Haploid sperm and egg are parts of the potential, zygote is life c. Alive is having life, not dead d. Human is belonging to Homo sapiens e. A person is an individual human being f. Fetus feels pain, can taste, hear, and smell II. Fetus... [tags: Papers]
700 words (2 pages)
- Since the Darwinian Revolution of the 19th century our society has turned upside down. Everything under the sun had become questionable, the origin of life, how we came to be, where are we headed and what to do in the here all became questions in life. But one of the greatest impacts of this new age thinking is its effect on our Old World values. Western societies values, morals and ethics became debatable, with some people striving for change and others clinging for stability. Battle lines had been drawn and the Liberals and Conservatives were ready to duke it out on a number of issues.... [tags: Anti Abortion Essays]
2206 words (6.3 pages)