A healthy community as termed as a community that is constantly builds and develops both its physical and social environments, aiding and assisting people to support one another in phases of daily life and to progress to their fullest prospect. Healthy community are those designed and built to improve the quality of life for all people who live, work, worship, learn, and play within their restrictions. A healthy community is a place where every person is free to make choices within a variety of healthy, available, accessible, and affordable opportunities. It is also a place where those community resources are expanding in order to enable people to equally support one another in accomplishing all the functions of life and in developing their full potential.
A healthy community is a place where people share a common goal, are active participants in society and lead productive lives. An idea of a healthy community with a safe environment, accessibility to preventive health care services and screenings, education on health promotion that is stress-free and accessible and healthier grocery stores. Characteristics of a healthy community are ideas, activities, and resolutions derived from partnerships of diverse groups, regular self-evaluation that is part of the practice, which is the focus. A diversity of strategies, techniques, documents, and other resources would have to be executed to support and make a healthy community. If an individual 's knowledge of a healthy communit...
... middle of paper ...
...ommunity to be healthy. A thorough research needed to be carried out to know what could be the cause of the health problems that are affecting the area most. Implementation plan will follow based on the research findings on how to reach the particular group of individual that are mostly affected. For example, the city of DeKalb currently have high rate of obesity, which is related to the cause of hypertension. Insufficient education and health promotion could be the cause of the health problem, and if the individuals in the community are sick, then the whole community is not healthy and obesity can also lead to so many health issues that will make the whole community to be unsafe and also increase unemployment and crime. A health prevention and promotion program needs to be implemented in order to help the community to be healthy and safe for the individuals to live.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- LNRA Summary After completing the Learning Needs and Resource Assessment with the workers and parents at the YMCA it shows that they want to implement physical activity and healthy eating habits in their daily routines. However, because of four main areas of concern for the community it is stopping them in implementing physical activity and healthy eating habits in their lifestyle. The first concern is the lack of time. Due to the many hours they work in a day the workers and the parents of the YMCA find that it is extremely difficult for them to manage time for healthy meals and physical activities.... [tags: major concerns at the YMCA]
1174 words (3.4 pages)
- A healthy community is one that produces a financial, communal and physical environment that allows people and families the opportunity to reach their ideal physical health and well-being. A thriving neighborhood does not impart hurdles to excellent health, and is one that promotes opportunities for favorable growth and progress. Health is not just the absence of ailment, but the existence of a collective physical, mental and faith based well-being. Even in the most economically challenged areas, there are characteristics of the neighborhoods that can create aspirations, hope, and opportunities.... [tags: neighborhoods, mental, faith]
564 words (1.6 pages)
The Importance Of A Healthy Community Is Not Only An Issue That Affects The Individual Health Of The Community
- The importance of a healthy community is not only an issue that affects the individual health of member of the community but is also something affects the health of the overall economic health of the community. Health education helps keep people in check with their personal health, and good personal health correlates with more happiness. Happiness is life correlates with more satisfaction with what an individual 's does on the daily. If an individual is more happy with their daily life then it is very possible that they are in some way happy with their chosen job or occupation.... [tags: Health, Public health, Health education]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- ... There is no doubt that community participation is an important key to health improvement. When people are engaging in health programs, they can increase the demand of the health services as well as enabled to maintain and improve their health independently. Ministry of Health, Republic of Indonesia initiated partnership with community organizations in order to accelerate health outcomes achievement. By the end of 2013, there were 22 community organizations, which consist of religion, women, and youth organizations, participated on health promotion program.... [tags: government, money, volunteer]
593 words (1.7 pages)
- The healthcare community has been emphasizing the importance of healthy living style and promoted variety community level health care services to prevent chronic disease prevalence. Obesity is identified to be one of the major causes of health issue such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and cancer. Centers for disease control and prevention reports 34.9% of United States adults are considered obese (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2015). Moreover, it has been proven that the medical cost is higher for obese people.... [tags: Medicine, Health, Epidemiology, Health care]
1111 words (3.2 pages)
- Although many of them exist, not all of them are common everyday activities for many of us. Living in Boston, it is very clear that there are residents who are involve in their community and even form community forum; attend community meetings; and are very involve on making a change in the town they reside in, but for the rest of us it is not very common given on which part we live in and our everyday life. For this assignment, it was very hard to find a community meeting to attend even though I am part of a sorority and hold our own meetings about the kind of things we would love to do for the community we are based on but I wanted to attend something bigger, something that was more hardc... [tags: Health, Nutrition, Boston, Community]
1485 words (4.2 pages)
- According to actress Jada Pinkett Smith, communication is the best way to create healthy relationships (Smith, n.d.). Principals need to earn the trust of stakeholders by building the crucial relationships that help to bring the school’s vision to realization. When a principal encourages open communication by actively making themselves available to the faculty, parents, students, and the community it, “promotes common understanding, thus allowing for critical improvement and sound decisions regarding educational programs (Stronge, Richard, & Catano, 2008, p.... [tags: Communication, Writing, Community]
2100 words (6 pages)
- The paper will now introduce a further analytical approach in addition to its previous profile. The second part will seek to find the bona fide implications of the concept of ‘community’, followed by reaching a conclusion as to whether a sense of ‘community’ as such is present in the chosen area. Why define community. In today’s society, the usage of the word has been overreached and its saturation has left the modern society to develop the concept of community more around interests rather than locality (Durkheim, 1964).... [tags: Sociology, Community, Community building]
1371 words (3.9 pages)
Community Health : A Time Log ( See Attached ) Contains Documentation Of The Field Experience For This Community
- C229 Community Health A. Time Log The time log (see attached) contains documentation of the field experience for this community health project. B1. Community Assessment The geographic area known as Cherokee County, South Carolina covers 392.66 square miles of land (U.S. Census Bureau, 2016). Cities and towns within Cherokee County include Gaffney, which is the county seat and Blacksburg. Data obtained from City-Data.com (2012) reveals Cherokee County is 61% rural and 39% urban. Population estimates given July 1, 2015 list the population at 56,194 (U.S.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Healthy diet, Health]
1845 words (5.3 pages)
- The general approach in which Disney addresses the issue of child with their “Magic of Healthy Living” website page limits the effectiveness of the text. Finding a solution to the unhealthy lifestyle of America’s young generation requires an impactful and practical approach towards the catalysts that create this issue. Thus, the lacking explanation of possible risks with child obesity, ignorance of the required support of parents or guardians, and no acknowledgement of the importance of a balanced diet forms more issues instead of eliminating any.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Health, Healthy diet]
721 words (2.1 pages)