Essay PreviewMore ↓
The Ipod video, which has only been available for a few days, is the one product in Best Buy that I would particularly like to own. Specifically the 30 gigabyte Black Ipod Video. What makes this product so attractive is first, obviously, it can play videos. Up to 75 hours that is! The next thing that caught my eye about this product is that it can easily be connected to a digital camera to transfer photos. This means that there is no need for numerous memory cards on a long trip with your digital camera. The final factor that makes me want to go purchase this product today is that it only costs $299, which is only a mere $20 more than the 4 gigabyte Ipod mini was recently marked at.
According to the Apple web site the 30 gigabyte Ipod video has the following specifications. A capacity to store seven thousand five hundred songs, seventy five hours of video, two thousand five hundred photos, a battery life of over fourteen hours, and a 2.5 inch backbit LCD screen with 320x240 pixel resolution. And not to mention its only weighs 4.8 ounces and is less than a half an inch thin.
There are several competitors to the Ipod Video. While many might think a competitor to the Ipod video would be another mp3 player such as the Rio Karma but I believe they would be mistaken. The Ipod video has jumped into an entirely different market, its competitors are the PMP's or the Portable Media Players. This market has been slow to advance due to their high end prices and bugs within their first few models, but the Ipod Video can change this. Of the PMP's the most well known up to this point would have to be the Creative Zen Portable Media Center 20GB MP3/Video Player. This player is full of basically the same features as the Ipod Video and it also has a slightly larger viewing area, but for its high cost of upwards of four hundred and fifty dollars it has a substantially smaller hard drive. I believe it is overpriced and judging from several on line review sites it is full of bugs. Another competitor in the Portable Media Player market is Archos 30GB Mobile Digital Video Recorder. One of the good features about this product is that it can be docked directly to your television and can record straight from the Television.
How to Cite this Page
"Ipod Video." 123HelpMe.com. 05 Dec 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Ipod Video The Ipod video, which has only been available for a few days, is the one product in Best Buy that I would particularly like to own. Specifically the 30 gigabyte Black Ipod Video. What makes this product so attractive is first, obviously, it can play videos. Up to 75 hours that is. The next thing that caught my eye about this product is that it can easily be connected to a digital camera to transfer photos. This means that there is no need for numerous memory cards on a long trip with your digital camera.... [tags: Product Description ]
911 words (2.6 pages)
- Apple, Inc. is one of the most well-known electronical companies in the world. Back in 1976, two men named Steven Jobs and Steven Wozniak, sold their computer creation, the Apple I. The company did not really take off until 1977, when the Apple II was created. Sales were increasing dramatically by 1978 due to the Apple Disk II, a floppy disk. As the years went on, Apple faced some financial troubles when Jobs was left the company, and then returned a few years later and brought the company out of trouble.... [tags: Apple Inc., IPod Nano, IPod, ITunes Store]
1094 words (3.1 pages)
- The organization that I will be discussing is Apple, and specifically its iPod products. Apple was incorporated in the state of California on January 3, 1977. The Corporation has many stores throughout the world, and its corporate offices are at Apple Computer, Inc. 1 Infinite Loop Cupertino, CA 95014. Mission Statement Apple’s Mission Statement is that, Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and reinvented the personal computer in the 1980s with the Macintosh.... [tags: Ipod Technology Research Paper Apple]
1047 words (3 pages)
- Technoloy Nikolas Mamais Roger Williams University History of iPod Nikolas Mamais Roger Williams University Core 458 Anthony Ruocco November 3, 2014 Introduction The iPod is in the family of portable media players and serves varying purposes of pocket computers manufactured, designed and marketed by Apple Inc. iPod can act as an external data storage device with storage capacity, depending with the model, ranging from 2 gigabytes for the iPod shuffle to 160 gigabytes for the iPod classic version.... [tags: IPod, Apple Inc., Digital audio player, ITunes]
1524 words (4.4 pages)
- The Beginning The world's first MP3 player was Saehan's MPMan, which started selling throughout Asia in the late spring of 1998 (Topolsky, 2008). Two variations of it known only as the Eiger Labs MPMan F10 and F20 started selling during the summer a few short months before the Diamond Multimedia Rio PMP300. At the time, the MPMan was worth around $200 to $250. The internal flash memory could be expanded but not the external memory. The F10 model wasn't user expandable but the memory could be upgraded from 32mb to 64mb by mailing the device in to Eiger labs for the cost of $70.95.... [tags: memory, technology, music]
812 words (2.3 pages)
- Evaluation of the Marketing Strategy of iPod The product I have chosen to do my investigation on is the ‘iPod with Video’. I have chosen to do this product as I know it reasonably well and have had a couple of iPod’s since the release date in 2001. It is an extremely popular product worldwide not just because of its advanced technology, but because it has become a fashion statement. I’m sure its success will continue to increase and that is why I have chosen it. To continue with my investigation I will need to collect various information which, will help me make final recommendations to the company.... [tags: Papers]
1718 words (4.9 pages)
- Abstract The Apple iPod has been the leader in the mp3 portable digital media player since its introduction to the public. There have been players before it, digital, am/fm, or tape players that have proven the market is worldwide and open to anyone. The challenge was to build a player that could take the lead in the industry, create and implement a strategic marketing plan, and gain the loyalty of the customer base for years to come. Apple and the iPod: Leader or Follower In almost every gymnasium, running track, or airplane that one has the chance to partake in will see a person wearing a set of headphones listening to some sort of digital media.... [tags: Business Marketing]
1259 words (3.6 pages)
- Apple Inc.(iPod) Apple Inc, formerly Apple Computer Inc. is an American multinational corporation which focusing in designing and manufacturing consumer electronics and also developing software products. Apple was founded in Cupertino, California on April 1, 1976 by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne . Apple are developing, selling, and supports a series of personal computers, portable media players, mobile phones, computer software, computer hardware, and hardware accessories . iPod, The new way of listening music (the 1st and 2nd generation) Out of all their products, the iPod is their most successful product since its introduction on October 23rd, 2001.... [tags: Consumer Electronics MP3 Players]
1439 words (4.1 pages)
- The IPod Touch is a portable media player designed and markeyed by Apple Inc. The product was unvieled to the general public September 5, 2007 as part of an event dubbed "The Beat Goes On", featuring the introduction of Cover Flow and Multi Touch to the Ipod line. The IPod Touch can be purchased with 8 or 16 GB of flash memory. It also has a WI-FI and includes safari, Apple's web browser. The IPod touch is the first generation of the IPod line to include wireless access to the itunes store. The IPod touch also has the capability to detect the current and last 10 songs playing in a Starbuck's Cafe within the vicinity.... [tags: Product Review Apple]
1898 words (5.4 pages)
- The iPod Technology has been on a vast increase since the beginning of time it seems, and it hasn?t been showing signs of slowing. One item that has been a huge symbol for technology has been the Apple iPod. Who knew anyone would be able to download, store and listen to thousands of songs on a thin, pocket-sized player. However, just like other technology the iPod has transformed in many ways and become better and more advanced in its functionality and numerous features. In January of 2001 Apple introduced iTunes for the Mac.... [tags: Music MP3 Player]
730 words (2.1 pages)
The Ipod Video can replace a closet full of items. Not only does it replace your stereo in your house, it can very easily also be implemented into any car to replace the stereo in your car. For roughly $100 you can take your car to Best Buy and they can install an input for your Ipod Directly into your current CD player or Radio. This is an incredible feature for road trips as you can never here the same song twice. Now, With the Ipod Video, the Ipod can be mounted on the dashboard so that the video screen can be visible and the passengers in your car can enjoy a movie or two or fifty. The Ipod video also erases any need for extra memory cards for your digital camera. Furthermore over the past few years small portable DVD players have become popular, with this new product there is no need for them as the Ipod can hold seventy five hours of video, plenty for any plane ride or cross country road trip. And not to mention it still does the job of all the older models of Ipods so it can be bought by anyone and fully replace their older model Ipod.
I believe the $299 price tag is worth every penny. The four gigabyte Ipod Mini was selling for $279 less than three months ago. Therefore, for only twenty more dollars you can get twenty six more gigabyte, color screen that can play videos, and the ability to store photos. I'd say its well worth it. It's closest competitor costs over $400 and only has twenty gigabyte of memory and comes packed with bugs. From experience apple products have been very crash proof as well as fool proof and i would expect nothing less in their newest model.
I consider myself a very tech-savvy person and have looked into buying an Ipod for a long time. I was almost fooled into buying the Ipod Nano, because of its small size and flashy looks but now I am glad I held out because the Ipod Video is a much better buy. The Ipod Nano four gigabyte retails for $249 which is a mere $50 less than the 30 gigabyte Ipod Video which cripples the nano in memory and features. The nano also uses flash memory as opposed to the physical hard drive in the Ipod Video. Flash memory, over time, degrades much faster than a physical hard drive. So the Video theoretically has a much longer lifespan as well. It is my opinion that the Ipod Video is the real deal and not just another flashy product from Apple.