I choose business management because every business is in need of excellent leaders to run their company. A business would not persist if they did not have managers organizing and leading their employees. Webster defines management as the act or skill of controlling and making decisions about a business or department using available resources efficiently and effectively. Management comprises of planning, staffing, leading, and directing an organization to accomplish a goal. Merriam-Webster. Web. 14 Nov. 2013. All skills of which I will need to one day run my own homeless shelter.
Deciding what college I was going to attend was not easy, there are so many to choose from. One day I am explaining Centura College to a student and it dawned on me why I never thought to come to the school I work for. Centura is committed to seeing their students succeed and providing all the resources and help they need. There is no reason not to succeed with all the support you receive.
I started out not knowing what I wanted to do. I had an idea of running my own homeless shelter but I had no clue wh...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Scientific management is a theory of management that analyzed and synthesized workflows. Its main objective was improving economic efficiency, especially labor productivity. It was one of the earliest attempts to apply science to the engineering of processes and to management. Its development began with Frederick Winslow Taylor in the 1880s and 1890s within the manufacturing industries. Its peak of influence came in the 1910s; by the 1920s, it was still influential but had begun an era of competition and syncretism with opposing or complementary ideas.... [tags: Management, Bureaucracy, Organization]
806 words (2.3 pages)
- US 9735 Demonstrate knowledge of theory in relation to management in Organization Explain major theories of management: Element 1- 1.1 Scientific management is a theory of management that analyzed and synthesized workflows. Its main objective was improving economic efficiency, especially labor productivity. It was one of the earliest attempts to apply science to the engineering of processes and to management.... [tags: Management, Bureaucracy, Organizational structure]
7288 words (20.8 pages)
- What is Management. Management “is the art of getting things done through the efforts of other people” (p.8). We all know that the management is not how it was when it was first started back in the early 1990s. Managers have a big responsibility of making sure there managing their areas of responsibly and team very well. Principle of Management is a way of making sure you are managing your work by involving others to make sure it gets done. According to our text Carpenter, Bauer, & Erdogan (2009) ,”the principles of management are the activities that “plan, organize, and control the operations of the basic elements of [people], materials, machines, methods, money and markets, providing direc... [tags: Management, Frederick Winslow Taylor]
1075 words (3.1 pages)
- My ambition to study Business Management originates from the age of 8. Whilst growing up in Germany, my parents had a restaurant and this started my ambition as I noted and studied the way my parents managed, lead their employees and the different task that were given. Attending university has been my fondest dream and I plan to continue my education and receive a masters then a doctorate. For as long as I can remember it has been my fondest dream and my furthest goal to attend college. I participated in work experience at Osidge Primary School where I effectively managed a class of 24 students wherefrom I learned the significance of being an authoritative figure as well as that aided studen... [tags: Management, Learning, University, Leadership]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- What is Quality Management. According to Cherry and Jacob in the Book Contemporary Nursing: Issues Trends and Management 5th Edition, “Quality Management is the philosophic framework for managing organizations that recognize quality is determined by customer needs and expectations, attention is paid to how the work is done, with an emphasis on involving people who best understand the detail of the work practices with which they are involved. Healthcare Quality Management is specifically related to the quality of health services provided.” What does this mean for us as nurses in a time where Quality Management and Evidenced Based Nursing Practice is so deeply emphasized.... [tags: Nursing Management]
2806 words (8 pages)
- ADVANTAGES OF OUTSOURCING CORE COMPETENCY Most small businesses are stemmed from individual or individuals having expertise, knowledge, talent, or technical background in a skill set or trade. This is what is known as core competency. Hanfield and Nichols (2002) describe core competencies as the activity that is best suited for the individual or partners to perform. An example would be electricians that have electrical experience and they start their own electric company providing residential wiring, electrical hook-up, lighting, and fixtures to their customers.... [tags: business strategies, financial analysis]
2006 words (5.7 pages)
- Assignment: Management Planning Paper Management Theory Practice and Application With any company, organization, or corporation the first phase of any management is planning. This phase is very important to any company because many different planning functions and each planning function create a standard for each of its employees to follow. This paper will discuss the planning functions of management while looking at the Boeing Company. While looking at the different planning functions, this paper will also discuss and identify legal, ethical, and social responsibilities that impact Boeing.... [tags: Business Management]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- Cultural theory and the meanings of money Couples and their money: theory and practice in personal finances Four perspectives draw on: * Economics and rational choice theory * Social structural approaches * Psychological approaches * Cultural theory and the meanings of money. According to classical economic theory money has four main functions: •it is a medium of exchange, •a store of value, •a unit of account, •a standard of deferred payment. Perspectives within economic theory relevant to personal finances: •fungibility This notion is standard in classical economic theory and means that money is considered to be neutral and interchangeable, so that any unit of wealth is substitutable... [tags: Business and Management Studies]
1242 words (3.5 pages)
- A major challenge of doing business internationally is to adapt effectively to different cultures. Steve Kafka, an American of Czech origin and a franchiser for Chicago Style Pizza has decided to expand his business to Czech Republic. This is a risky decision and Steve anticipates he will face obstacles as he goes about setting up the new pizza outlet at this new location, Prague. In international management, culture is acquired knowledge that peoples use to interpret experiences and generate social behavior.... [tags: International Business]
1906 words (5.4 pages)
- Abstract This paper will discuss the management planning of Boeing. Boeing, being a leading distributors of aircrafts, satellites and missiles, I will evaluate and analyze the impact of legal issues, ethics and social responsibility in which they carry. I will show how these factors may influence their strategic, tactical and contingency planning. . Boeing Management Planning Boeing is one of the major aerospace and defense contractors in the United States. Boeing was founded by William E. Boeing over 90 years ago and has dominated the industry of aerospace for many years.... [tags: Business Management Analysis]
1149 words (3.3 pages)