Before plastic was discovered many people would buy things by weight amount which we still do today. Items weighed a lot more because they lacked the fillers that plastic contains. Another way society was different was that many airplanes and automobiles weighed a lot more because certain parts that would be made out of plastic in this day and age were heavier. Since planes were heavier they held less stuff, which caused more trips to be taken, which then caused more energy to be used that was unnecessary and more carbon dioxide was emitted. Also talking about an important aspect of health, preserving food, meat markets for example would wrap their meat in paper. Once wrapped in paper it would spoil faster and cause infections in the meat. The type of plastic used for packaging now is Polyvinylidene chloride (PVDC) (Saran). (Wikipedia). Lastly s...
... middle of paper ...
...ns. Plastics help in many ways. They hold the liquids we drink out of, the containers we use for storage, the hangers we put our clothes on, parts in cars, and everything in between. I do not support pollution but I support recycling. I don’t support pollution because like I stated in the paragraph above, when people throw plastics out the window it endangers animals and causes death among the raises of the different species. The moment a plastic Kroger bag is thrown out the window of a car a bird picks it up and flies with it, then there is a possibility that it could get wrapped around its neck and the bird is strangled and now dead. I do support recycling because it is a better way to save energy and take care of waste in a safer way. Recycling compacts what would be a huge mound of trash into a small compactable reusable substance. Also it saves time and energy.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Skin Deep Beauty is a huge thing in the world today. Looks are the first thing someone notices about you and it is what they judge you on. It is just how our society is today. Unfortunately, it is what the world has come to. The biggest extreme that someone can go to to enhance their natural beauty is to have plastic surgery. People are choosing to have plastic surgery due to the influence of celebrities, selfies, bullying, how important beauty is in society and the health benefits of it as well.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Reconstructive surgery]
1161 words (3.3 pages)
- Stopping the Many Negative Effects Caused by Plastic Waste. In daily life, people use a lot of plastic which is a polymeric material that is used in products, such as bottles, trash bags, plastic crockeries, and many more. At any given moment, it is obvious that most things around us are made of plastic including, dishes, carrier bags and twist ties. While using these products, people do not have the slightest idea if these plastic products impact the environment, where they come from, where they are taken away after they throw them, or even the materials used to make these products.... [tags: Plastic, Recycling, Bags, Waste container]
1326 words (3.8 pages)
- In 1862, Alexander Parkes unveiled an invention, a compound known as celluloid that would change modern history. This is the first known plastic compound to demonstrate the ability to mold when heated and maintain its shape once cooled. While the chemical compounds have evolved over the years, so have its uses and our dependency on them. If we look around our room today, we can see that nearly every product in our house either consists or was built by some form of plastic. This dependence raises some alarming questions.... [tags: celluloid, plastic compound, recycle]
2524 words (7.2 pages)
- Plastic has taken over our world, and if something does not change, so many things will be effected. Plastic is found all over the place, on the side of interstates, in our homes, in schools, and in our cars. People liter plastic bags on the side of the road, people sit on plastic toilet sits at home, people type on a plastic keyboard at school, and people change the station in their car with a plastic button. Plastic is everywhere and in today’s society it has become almost a necessity. Many people cannot and won 't stop using their computers, or sitting on their toilet sits, but we can stop drinking from plastic water bottles.... [tags: Plastic recycling, Recycling, Plastic]
991 words (2.8 pages)
- In 2012, more than 236,000 cometic procedures were preformed on patients nineteen-years-old or younger. Plastic surgery has become extremely popular in this generation especially teenagers. Plastic surgery is the remodeling or reshaping of the body parts. Society has put this picture in a women 's head of a perfect face or body. People are disappointed in the way their bodies look because they aren 't what others think is “perfect”. They want a change. They want to be apart of this tend. But have you ever thought about the risks you are taking as a teen who 's body is still changing.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Breast, Surgery]
1975 words (5.6 pages)
- In recent times, plastic surgery has steadily increased over the years and more young adults are beginning to get cosmetic surgery. Many people use plastic surgery as a way to reinvent their physical appearance. However, the main question is why do people want to change their physical characteristics. The reason is that media has made it a norm because young adults are exposed to it at an earlier stage. For example, television personalities like Kim, Khloe, and Kourtney Kardashian have gone through breast implants, lip injections, and BOTOX.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Reconstructive surgery]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- Children love to draw even if that’s drawing on the wall of their home or creating a masterpiece on the table. If they are not satisfied with their drawing they can modify it and make it better to their extent. Plastic surgery is just that. It is changing or modifying the way someone looked for different reasons. Dating back to ancient times and its most basic form, plastic surgery has been apart of the world for many centuries (Kalantar-Hormozi, 2013). Since then it has advanced enormously and in society today any part of the body can be manipulated.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Reconstructive surgery, Surgery]
1170 words (3.3 pages)
- In 1914, the world was at war. Thousands of soldiers were constantly rushed into hospitals. The new weapons such as the machine gun left them heavily wounded and in desperate need of surgery (History of Plastic Surgery 2,3). Even though the treatment provided was not as efficient as it is today, it saved a significant number of lives. Ever since then, the industry of plastic surgery has been on the rise. As this medical procedure improved with the advances made in the sciences and technology, it evolved to serve an additional goal.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Breast implant]
1283 words (3.7 pages)
- If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be. Most people have at least one if not more. Some want to be skinnier, taller, more muscular etc. Some people speak out loud about their self-imperfections and others keep them to themselves. But if you are one of the almost fourteen million Americans who have had some sort of plastic surgery in the past two years than you know some of the great lengths people will take to be “perfect”. This can go from a simple Botox injection to a full out lifelong goal of becoming Barbie.... [tags: Nutrition, Anorexia nervosa, Plastic surgery]
1307 words (3.7 pages)
- Have you ever considered having plastic surgery. After reading this paper you might want the surgery or you might not. Plastic surgery, a form of art, can reconstruct your body and renew your confidence but can you accept the risks involved. Plastic surgery ranges from one- thousand dollars to three- thousand dollars or more depending on the surgery (Body fat reduction: Suction-Assisted Lipectomy). There are plenty types of plastic surgery. One type is called liposuction. The best candidates for liposuction are of relatively normal weight with pockets of excess fat in particular areas.... [tags: Plastic Surgery Cosmetic Surgery]
1093 words (3.1 pages)