In deciding how to meet the skill needs of the teaching staff, Ben begins with the hiring process. Knowing what our School Improvement Plan goals are, his interview questions include specific skills and knowledge that will help Falcon Creek students meet these achievement goals. Mr. Rhodes is very clear about his high expectations of the teaching staff. He is currently in Denver University’s P.H. D. program in Educational Leadership and he utilizes his knowledge of best practice research. His assessments of staff learning needs are gleaned from a variety of sources that include feedbac...
... middle of paper ...
...district trains staff with new technology tools that will include net books, mounted projectors, peripheral technologies, new student achievement reporting system (aka RAD and DAS systems running on Brio software, new access points, that centralizes the management console, so students and staff will be able to connect to the CCSD wireless network at all school sites. Training will also be provided to refine the RTI process. Using district and school goals, assessing needs using the right data, planning specific content and processes to teach best instructional practices, providing resources to ensure success, measuring success and providing frequent feedback, adjusting practices as needed to ensure successful implementation, evaluating and improving strategies and then sharing the plan with the community has been key to ensuring the highest student achievement.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For this assignment I decided to interview our new vice principal, Dr. Sly. This is the second year I been at Carver that we will have a vice principal. Last year we only had a principal, and I feel that it was a lot of work for him to manage all the day to day tasks. Our vice principal seems like a great addition to our school. She is also vice principal at a middle school. She has a lot of experience as an administrator and is a big believer in using evaluations for teacher growth. Prior to becoming our vice principal, she was the vice principal at our other bilingual school in the district, and prior to that she was a principal for over ten years in Iowa.... [tags: Teacher, Education, School, High school]
1543 words (4.4 pages)
- Views on Leadership: An Interview with a Principal Every leader brings to the table a set of beliefs, theories and practices. The leader from Dearington Elementary School, Mr. R, took time to explain what he brings to the table at his school. This is his first year as the Principal of Dearington. Previously, he was a 2nd/3rd grade teacher for 5 years at Dearington, followed with two years as an assistant principal at an elementary school in the same school system. While teaching he coached at the middle school and has done various of leadership tasks at his church.... [tags: visionary paper, leaders, beliefs, theories]
1211 words (3.5 pages)
- A few weeks before I received information regarding this assignment, our county underwent many shifts in leadership at several schools, one of those being the school that I currently teach at. Of course, a shake-up in leadership is nerve-wrecking and scary, especially when we have been fortunate enough to have, what I consider, a truly incredible leader; however, when I read the syllabus and saw this assignment I became very excited for the opportunity that it presented me. I would now have the chance to interview not one, but two administrators.... [tags: Teacher, High school, Decision making, College]
1386 words (4 pages)
- Our assignment was to interview six individuals who are outside our particular teaching area. All my interviews were conducted at Beaver River Central School. The specific professionals that I interviewed were Occupational Therapist, School Psychologist, Music Teacher, Library Media Specialist, School Nurse and Art Teacher. Through the interview process it became abundantly clear that supervision and accountability standards are not the same across the different educational spectrums. My first interview was with Mrs.... [tags: Teacher, Education, High school, Chart]
1536 words (4.4 pages)
- For my interview, I interviewed a woman by the name of Mrs. Miskell. She is a close family friend and also teaches at the elementary school that I used to attend. Mrs. Miskell has been teaching for fifteen years. She has a class of 21 including 2 special education children who are mainstreamed into her class for a few areas of study. She team-teaches one day a week with the remedial math teacher, and one day a week with the remedial reading teacher. Her children switch classes with one other class for social studies and science.... [tags: Interview Essays]
674 words (1.9 pages)
- Brought up in a Caucasian, upper-middle-class family, J.B. continues to search for a path that distinguishes himself among his peers and those around him. He is thirteen-years-old and is currently in the seventh grade. Furthermore, J.B. has one stepparent, two loving parents, and is the youngest of three, for he has two older sisters, one in high school and the other in college, for he looks up to for their guidance. Even with a blended family who lives in a rural area, J.B. proceeds to find his identity.... [tags: High school, Friendship, Middle school]
1045 words (3 pages)
- The people involved in my interview process were three teachers, Mrs. Epperson and elementary teacher from Trenton, Mrs. Kaufman a middle teacher from Chillicothe, and Mrs. Forster a high school teacher from Trenton. Also, Dr. Miller a middle school principal from Platte County and Mrs. Palmer from Chillicothe. Finally, Doug Franklin a school board member from Trenton. Each personnel had their own things in common with one another, as well as their own differences. However, one thing that stuck out was they all wanted to make a difference.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Middle school]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- Administrative Interview of Amanda Lane Amanda Lane served as the high school and middle school principal for many years. This school year, CCS has hired one more principal, and Amanda decided to lead the middle school only. As the school grew rapidly in the last two years, the two main objectives Mrs. Lane would like to reevaluate this academic year are school safety and community relations. School Safety The developed guidelines and procedures for dealing with existing and potential incidents at CCS are defined in their Emergency Operation’s Plan (EOP).... [tags: High school, College, Teacher, Middle school]
1037 words (3 pages)
- The Park Slope School, Ps.282 is located in Park Slope Brooklyn. Ps.282 is a Kindergarten to eighth grade school full of diversity. The school’s staff was pleased to assist me with any of my needs. Although finding the right time to schedule an interview with the parent coordinator and guidance counselor was difficult, both parent coordinator and guidance counselor were more than willing to dedicate their time to focus on the interview. Ps.282 attempts to engage parent’s involvement in school using different methods.... [tags: Middle school, Elementary school, Primary school]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- I had the opportunity to interview both my building principal and an experienced teacher who I consider a mentor. I feel very fortunate to have two very strong, hardworking, and intelligent women to look up to in a career that I love. When speaking with both of these people, I found that they had very similar ideals when it came to classroom rules, goals, and creating a welcoming learning environment. Gathercoal (2004) tells us, “Bringing about a feeling of community in a classroom begins with an educator’s belief that all students are capable of proper social interaction” (p.... [tags: Education, High school, Welcome, Teacher]
843 words (2.4 pages)