They both worked at a bakery and that is where they met. It was her first job and she was 14 while he was a few years older than her. They did not start dating until a few year later but she always had a crush on him. Once they started dating she became infatuated with him; however, he did not feel the same way about her. Instead he had a crush on Maureen’s sister. Although Maureen knew this, she chose to ignore the signs and decided to pursue a relationship with him. She found out much later from his Thomas best man that he was not in love with her. On the day of their wedding as marine was coming down the aisle Tom told his best man that he did not love her but he knew she would make a good wife so he decided to marry her anyway. The abuse started before their wedding. He forced her to have sex with him before their wedding night because he did not want to marry a woman and less she was good in bed. She was a virgin at the time but she felt there is no other option as he was threatening her. She wanted to marry him so she gave into his demands and threats. At the beginning of their marriage he was c...
... middle of paper ...
...a gown. She agreed and when to purchase one. She found a beautiful dress for only $10 and she purchased it. When she brought it home and showed it to him, he scoffed at it and said, “there is no way in hell you are wearing that.” He decided that he would go to the store and pick out the dress she was to wear. When they got to the store he pulled out a dress and said, “this is the one.” It was the exact same dress that she picked out a few days earlier. It was clear that he did not even look at the dress she picked out. No matter what she chose he would not have accepted it. Tom had to be in control and pick what she was going to wear. It was all about the control. As I listened to Maureen talk about her experiences it seemed to perfectly match up with signs and signals of abuse. Other than the abuse outside of the home, everything he did was pretty textbook perfect.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Interview Project Substance abuse have been introduce to family over a long period of time now.When given this assignment, I thought of my aunt that been battleing drug addicition in her life for the longest. But now is recovered. As me growing up I remember bits and pieces of my aunt Rina throughout my life. Her,my mom,and two uncles grew up with a rough childhood that lead her up to her breaking point and also the result of her drug abuse. At the age of seventeen was when it begin and every split ways.... [tags: Drug addiction, Drug abuse, Family, Addiction]
990 words (2.8 pages)
- For my psychology interview assignment, I had the privilege of interviewing Elaine, who is the Director of Preschool X, which is an educational institution. She reports that she has been in this position for 13 years since its inception. Elaine is a close friend of my aunt, which was how I was able to meet her. She explained that her responsibilities include; the hiring of all personnel related to the school, submission of criminal background checks, the medical reports for all staff and children must be current, and also developed a curriculum for the teachers to execute.... [tags: Elaine, director of Preschool X]
982 words (2.8 pages)
- All semester I’ve been excited about writing the ‘Interview with a RN” paper. In the beginning, I was sure that I was going to interview my aunt or one of my cousins, but I realized that I already knew what all of their answers to the suggested interview questions, so that would be no fun. I thought about it for a little while, and I then decided that I would interview a really close friend of my mothers, K. G. I had already known that that K.G was a registered nurse, because I attended her celebratory party, just before she left for Arizona, where she was offered a wonderful job opportunity.... [tags: Nursing, Patient, Registered nurse, Question]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- Career Development Assignment Selecting a career or even a new career after being in career for many years can be a daunting task. Knowing what you want to do for the next 5-7 years, or beyond can be challenging as what is good now will most certainly change in the future. This paper will examine the results of an online job search, building a resume, and preparing for a job interview. Job Search The job search began with looking at the job board link provided by the CSU-Global Career Center (2016) page.... [tags: Employment, Recruitment, Interview]
881 words (2.5 pages)
- Career Development Assignment Choosing a career or even a new career after being in career for many years can be a daunting task. Knowing what you want to do for the next 5-7 years, or beyond can be challenging as what is good now will most certainly change in the future. This paper will discuss the results of an online job search, building a resume, and preparing for a job interview. Job Search The job search started with looking at the job board link provided by the CSU-Global Career Center page.... [tags: Employment, Recruitment, Interview]
839 words (2.4 pages)
- When the time for an interview is getting close, everyone starts feeling nervous and do not know what to expect. These feelings are common among people especially if they do not have experience. However, the biggest mistake an interviewer can make is to have too much confidence and think that he or she could get any position any time. This approach is completely wrong and could cost the potential hiring for the position. Therefore, being nervous is normal, but in order to have a good interview, the candidate must practice.... [tags: Interview, Employment, Semi-structured interview]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- When assigned with the task to interview someone, I knew that I wanted to make the most out of it and do an interview that would be practical and I could benefit from outside of the assignment. Immediately I though of one of my dads best friend, Karl, who’s profession is investment banker, the exact profession I hope to have one day. When I reached out to Karl he was more than happy to sit down with me, however he offered to set me up with “the man who runs things around here”, his boss Bill who was both the senior advisor and founder of the firm.... [tags: Question, Interview, Stock broker, Conversation]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- The assignment of doing a faculty interview made me ponder which of my five professors would be the most intriguing to integrate. The first one that came to my mind was Dr. Jennifer Ball, my Intro to Economics professor, which I have just before WU-101. The reason I figured Dr. Ball was a good choice for this interview included the fact that when I was high school, we never went into depth about economics. With her being gifted in economics, I thought she would be a good candidate to interview.... [tags: University, High school, Thing, Professor]
1462 words (4.2 pages)
- Interview Assignment The elderly “population makes up 14.5 % of the populations in the United States (Aging, 2016)”. The elderly is considered sixty- five and up. In the St. Louis area, there are tremendous amounts of elderly services and programs for the community. Out of all of the services, there were a few places that stood out. I chose to pick a variety of services that demonstrates the different focuses each agency provides to the elderly. This assignment can help understand what places to go to get the needs met.... [tags: Middle age, Old age, St. Louis, Missouri]
845 words (2.4 pages)
- Purpose: You will write a four-page MLA style report on a topic of you choice along with three areas of the topic, with teacher approval on a submitted memo. You will do a smart search for information and write a five section report on the topic using proper MLA style format as well as correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. Good writing is also an expected criterion for this assignment. Project: 100 points DIRECTIONS: MEMO- 20 points 1. Save as MLAReportMemo.docx. Select a topic and type a memo to Mrs.... [tags: Assignment]
690 words (2 pages)