The New Testament provides several passages that can provide guidance in resolving interpersonal conflicts within personal relationships. First, scripture provides an understanding of what love is and what love is not. “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves” (1 Corinthians 13:4-7, New International Version). As the conflict arose through scripture I was able to identify what love looke...
... middle of paper ...
...st them no matter what the grievance is in regards to. As difficult as it was to forgive the man that had betrayed my trust and love I gained a strong sense of freedom within myself after I handed the wrongs I had suffered over to God and offered forgiveness. As we work through personal conflict we must remember “The key to forgiving others is remembering how much God has forgiven you” (Life Application Study Bible, 2007, p. 2009).
In conclusion, I chose to offer the same forgiveness to my significant other for his wrong doings to me just as God has forgiven me for all of my wrong doings. Through God’s forgives for me I am able to forgive others allowing me freedom from the anger and hurt that personal conflict causes within me. The choice to forgive has allowed me to live in truth, love, and peace just as Paul had told us that we could in chapter 3 of Colossians.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- We each possess unique ideas, opinions, beliefs, and feelings about specific situations in life. This uniqueness is a large part of what makes us human. Because we all have our own individual way of looking at things, we each have a different viewpoint on what is proper or improper. With all that variation in society conflict is inevitable. Conflict is antagonistic in nature and we all must find ways to work through conflict issues both at work and at home. This paper describes different types of conflict, the influences I personally had in learning to deal with those conflicts, some of the conflicts that I commonly experience, how I go about dealing with those conflicts, and how conflict af... [tags: Conflict, Dispute resolution, Management]
1777 words (5.1 pages)
- There are several skills listed under interpersonal skills. It is important for one to develop good interpersonal skills as it helps one to make informed decisions and create a good social relationship with people around them. A person’s professionalism in life can partly be judged through interpersonal skills. It is one of the major skills required to survive through this living habitat. According to written assignment unit 6, some of the questions listed under interpersonal skills are listening, assertiveness, negotiation, feedback, persuasion, interviewing and coaching.... [tags: Regulatory Focus Theory, Persuasion, Learning]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- Social media has become a total global wonder within the present days time over the course of the last decade or so. Social media has taken most of the credit for people being able to keep in touch with one another on a consistent basis; but in actuality, the entire spectrum of social media might be substantially more complex than just connecting people. The purpose of this argument is to provide why social media can just as well hinder interpersonal relationships. We will define the apparent positive things that social media does actually have on interpersonal relationships.... [tags: Social network service]
1508 words (4.3 pages)
- Homelessness is all around the world, and many people have either dealt with the issue or had first-hand experience with it. Thus causes everyone to think about the possible solutions to such an important social and economic problem. Whether or not anyone wants to support or ignore the issue, it will always be there. However, the youth population is on the rise among the homeless. While the exact number of youth among the homeless is hard to determine, given various information about homelessness available and the age range that is considered youth, a 2012 survey from the Department of Education shows that 52,950 unaccompanied homeless youth were reported through school-based programs (Spa... [tags: unemployment, severe hardship]
1116 words (3.2 pages)
- Open communication between individuals is very important. This quality is what makes relationships run smoothly between two or more individuals. Barnett, Cochran and Taylor explored significant relations between the openness of communication between management and employees in a previous study (1993). These researchers found that employees expressed concerns and the level of internal disclosures by employees in the study (Barnett et al., 1993). Barnett, Cochran and Taylor also found in their study that external whistle blowing may lead to “negative publicity, regulatory investigations, and legal liability issues” (1993).... [tags: Communication, Interpersonal Communication]
1343 words (3.8 pages)
- Communication is defined as the conveyance of information from a sender to a receiver, which is conducted through various mediums such as writing, speaking, electronically, gestures etc. Communication can take place between two people in a conversation or with more multiple receivers like in university lectures. It can also take place on paper, through body movements and online. Social media over the past decade has grown exponentially over the internet and has become a significant part of the modern person’s lifestyle and influences the way they communicate with other people.... [tags: social media networks, interpersonal]
1339 words (3.8 pages)
- Even though, incompatibility can harmoniously exist within an organization, it is only when team member’s behaviors are interdependent that a conflict generally occur (Miller, 2015). When people work together, the team must have some level of cooperation for the team to accomplish its objectives. In fact, the performance of the team depends in part on the degree of cooperation that team members achieve. Hostile relationships among team members can lead to conflict, which disrupts the team 's efforts to achieve specific goals.... [tags: Conflict, Management, Interdependence]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- How does the author use the interaction between the protagonists and the other characters to explore the central characters journey and what they gain and lose by the end of their story. “Real friends never let go” this was undoubtedly the situation for Brynna Chase, not even her dead best friend Erica Shaw wanted to let her go. After moving to a whole new town Brynna and her family thought that she might be able to move on from that fateful night and that stupid dare which caused her best friend to become lost at sea.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Friends]
1013 words (2.9 pages)
- Chapter three of “Interplay: The Process of Interpersonal Communication” demonstrates a models of “self-disclosure that can help better understand how self-revelation operates in our relationships(pg 87).” By learning about self-disclosure and understanding the models, I was able to understand the effects and process of self- disclosure between my parent and I. It illustrated how self-revealing can be effective in making the relationship between my parents and I stronger and more efficient in understanding one another.... [tags: Interpersonal relationship, Communication]
762 words (2.2 pages)
- What exactly is interpersonal communication. According to DeVito (2011), interpersonal communication is the interaction that takes place between two individuals who share a relationship, and are, therefore, affected by the messages shared between them. Johnson and Averbeck (2010) note that these two persons can either be complete strangers or the two may know each other quite well. Generally, interpersonal communication is thought to occur face-to-face, but through technological advances over the years, the interaction can occur electronically via texts, phone calls, and social networks (Johnson and Averbeck, 2010).... [tags: interpersonal communication, interactions]
885 words (2.5 pages)