1. Title Page
One original title page, prepared in the same format as the Sample Internship title is given at the end. Page submitted with the original signatures of Program coordinator. The date on the title page will depend on the semester you will receive your degree.
If you wish, you may include a page with a brief note of dedication or acknowledgment of help received from particular persons.
3. Table of Contents
The contents page should clearly and accurately index the page numbers of the various sections of the dissertation. Spelling of headings should be accurate (an aspect often missed by students).
4. A Brief Executive Summary of the Internship
Executive summary must be included in your internship report. It contains (a) state the problem or problems that you worked on or page summary of the company/institution; (b) brief description your activities; (c) summarize the findings. Limit it to 350 words in length. It should be 1.5 spaced, using only one side of the paper, and should be within the internship report margin requirements and Its pages should be assigned a place in the small Roman number sequence for the preliminary pages, but the numbers should not be displayed on the executive summary pages themselves.
5. Main body of report
The first page of either an introduction or a first chapter should be numbered “1” in Arabic numerals. Main body of report should be divided into two parts.
1. Part-I: Introduction, overview of organization and organization structure.
2. Part-II: internees job
The purpose of the Introduction is to introduce the reader to the problem/work. The Introduction is a concise statement of the internship orga...
... middle of paper ...
...e. It is important that you check your spelling and grammar. Do not just rely on the Microsoft spell and grammar checkers. You must proof read your work.
• Margin: Every page of the internship report must be kept within margins set as follows: A minimum margin of 1-1/2 inches (for binding purposes) on the left side of the page; 1 inch at the right side; 1-1/4 inches at the top and bottom of the page. Any page submitted with less than the minimum margins will be rejected.
• How to number sections:
– Each main section – 1, 2, 3, etc
– First level of sub section – 1.1, 1.2
– Second level of subsection – 1.1.1, 1.1.2
• You can include graphs, pictures, data, drawings, or design calculations in your report; however they should not cover more than 1/3 of the page. Larger graphs, pictures, data, drawings, or design calculations should be given as an Appendix.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I. BACKGROUND AND BUSINESS MODEL OF THE INTERNSHIP SITE Ophidion, Inc. is an early stage biopharmaceutical company located in Pasadena. The company is currently developing a new class of safe and effective drugs targeting some of the most important molecules in the central nervous system, the neuronal nicotinic receptors. These drugs will potentially be used to treat several cognitive disorders, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, ADHD, schizophrenia, depression, and many other CNS diseases.... [tags: Internship Reflection]
2513 words (7.2 pages)
- TABLE OF CONTENT I. INTRODUCTION 1.1 General Information about organization. 1.2 Function of organization. 1.3 Achievement of organization. 1.4 Internship work in general. II. BODY 1. Description of internship 1.1 My day- to- day activities. 1.2 How to check documents well . 1.3 How to fix documents . 1.4 How to send documents oversea . 2. Analysis and evaluation 2.1 The usefulness of internship work. 2.2 The evaluation. III. CONCLUSION I. INTRODUCTION ATLANTIC (USA) INC. Atlantic (USA) Inc.... [tags: transportation, invoice, reality, theory]
3273 words (9.4 pages)
- ... She noted four key things (1) the importance of getting as much hands-on experience as possible (2) taking a mental note of the what you like and dislike at each internship site (3) using weekly supervision hours to discuss your areas of strengths and weaknesses and (4) remembering to always maintain a professional image. In addition, she also gave a brief overview of opportunities (e.g., adolescent group therapy, child and parent therapy, disability evaluations, etc.) that interns might have at Transitions of Augusta.... [tags: Intern, Internship, Psychology, Health]
815 words (2.3 pages)
- ... A. If you were to repeat the same internship from the start, what would you do differently? If I were to repeat the same internship from the beginning, I would try to consider myself as a new employee belonging to the company. It was strange to me at the beginning as I was feeling like I am just an “intern”, listening and learning, but not contributing from the very start. It was by the end that I felt this feeling of affiliation to the company and started working as if I am an employee. At the beginning I was probably shy and not well-familiar with the company work system as I had to know.... [tags: Employment, Intern, Internship, University]
882 words (2.5 pages)
- Every college student is concerned about his or her academic future, especially nowadays in times of the economic crisis. College students are desperate for experience that might distinguish them later from other job applicants and improve their chances of getting their desired jobs. Internships provide valuable experience necessary for jobs and are an important part of the academic career. However, when it comes to internships, the issue of unpaid internships may be raised with opinions differing on the question of the benefits of such unpaid internships.... [tags: Internships]
1608 words (4.6 pages)
- This summer I was offered an internship for Merrill Lynch in my hometown of Towson, Maryland. For eight weeks, I worked five days a week for an average of thirty hours. There are numerous Merrill Lynch offices in the Baltimore and Washington D.C. area. Offices in Annapolis and Baltimore are greater in numbers and advisors. The Towson region only has about fifteen advisors and four client assistants. However, almost all of those advisors started their careers in Baltimore. The Towson office was for more established advisors who already have a distinguished client list.... [tags: Personal Narrative Descriptive Internship]
1771 words (5.1 pages)
- Internship with the Police Department Throughout my one hundred and twenty-hour experience with the Gloversville Police Department, I learned many skills, values and the ways of this Police Department. Many of the calls and situations I went to often could relate to a certain theory that I learned in any of my law classes. I would recommend any student majoring in Criminal Justice to try to take an internship with a local law enforcement agency. I am currently signed up for the civil service test for Gloversville Police Department, If I do qualify for the Police I believe that this internship will give me a huge head start.... [tags: Internship Police Department Criminal Essays]
2172 words (6.2 pages)
- Business internships are helping students gain real world experience while they are not actually out in the real world yet. Internships are becoming more and more popular with college students in today’s world. An internship is basically when a student in college goes to a company or business and works while they are still enrolled in school and still getting academic credit. The main purpose of the internship is for the student to gain valuable on the job work experience. But there are also other things that a student can get from internships.... [tags: Internship Programs]
1333 words (3.8 pages)
- An internship is a formal program to provide practical experience for beginners in an occupation or profession. By this point in my internship I am more than half way through it and taking on more and more responsibilities and positions as I go along. After a minor break from researching, I researched for three more hours on the Victorian memorabilia project. I found out companies who made postcards and when the Sanborn map company emerged. Once I was done I wanted to prepare more for physical archiving, so I trained two more hours with the Past Perfect disk.... [tags: Reflection]
1026 words (2.9 pages)
- Internship I have now come to the conclusion of my internship at END DWI (End Driving While Intoxicated). Our organizations mission is to reduce, if not end, the number of deaths and tragedies that are caused by the carelessness of drunk driving. The amount of people killed every year by drunk driving is astonishing. Picture this, you could fill every seat at Madison Square Garden with people killed by drunk driving. END DWI is committed to limiting this senseless tragedy and has done an excellent job in many factors relating to this subject.... [tags: Papers]
800 words (2.3 pages)