Essay PreviewMore ↓
After a minor break from researching, I researched for three more hours on the Victorian memorabilia project. I found out companies who made postcards and when the Sanborn map company emerged. Once I was done I wanted to prepare more for physical archiving, so I trained two more hours with the Past Perfect disk. Tomorrow started my first experience with archiving.
On my first day of archiving I worked with Barbara and Sandy. We filled out data entry sheets and I finished two books within two hours because we were all learning. Each book must have two sheets filled out on it, one being a data entry form and the second being a condition report on the book. These data entry sheets were made to correlate with the Past Perfect archiving program. Once done with the data entry sheets we would copy the number we assigned the book on to the card inside the book and then file the books back on to the shelves in numerical order. So through the Past Perfect training disk and all of us working on the book sheets we became experts at data entry. Second day of archiving I worked with Barbara and Ardienne. We got a total of twenty-five books done, which I finished thirteen of those books. I trained Ardienne how to fill in the data archiving book sheets and I checked to make sure she filled them out correctly. The books we archived will be reference books, which will later be used in a library the Milford Historical Society is planning to have. Some of the books were directly related to Milford, while others were archaeology books. On the third day of archiving with Susan we archived eleven books in total. I taught Susan how to fill out the archiving book sheets. We came across some books we think were accessioned or archived before, which meant they were catalogued already. Thus, we left them on the table in a pile so on the desk till we could solve figure out where they would be shelved.
How to Cite this Page
"Internship Reflection." 123HelpMe.com. 16 Aug 2018
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Internships are a learning experience of new skills and improving on previous skills that you have gained. I have through the school tours been training to be a docent, but one day in the past two weeks I had official docent training with other students. Everyone learned the story of the Eel-Stowe and Nathan Clark-Stockade house. Also, we were taught where the lights were in each house, and how to uncover the windows, objects, and hide the covering before the visitors came to the house. Then we learned how to cover the windows and the objects once the day was done.... [tags: Reflection]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- I. BACKGROUND AND BUSINESS MODEL OF THE INTERNSHIP SITE Ophidion, Inc. is an early stage biopharmaceutical company located in Pasadena. The company is currently developing a new class of safe and effective drugs targeting some of the most important molecules in the central nervous system, the neuronal nicotinic receptors. These drugs will potentially be used to treat several cognitive disorders, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, ADHD, schizophrenia, depression, and many other CNS diseases.... [tags: Internship Reflection]
2513 words (7.2 pages)
- It has been a while since I started at the internship and I am really glad I decided to work here. I think the experience in this area is a good preview of my career and future. I am learning some important skills and finding out some things about myself and the tough skin I will need in order to stay in the area of juvenile support. One of my responsibilities involved checking the messages from the days before on the office phone. I found that some of the potential mentors sounded older. This got me wondering about the age limits of the mentors.... [tags: Reflection Paper]
1370 words (3.9 pages)
- I would like to begin by saying I have been a Laboratory technician for over ten years now and have worked at my current job for over three years. I began my internship with the feeling that I would not have anything to write or say about the experience but I was wrong. I started out with the blood bank department. I work my weekends in that department, we are assigned a department for weekend rotations. My supervisor is also the blood bank department supervisor. I came to the Houston Medical Center with little blood bank experience and will leave there with a very good understanding of blood bank.... [tags: department, gel, supervisor, mircrobiology]
1608 words (4.6 pages)
- During the several weeks I volunteered my time as an intern for the campaign of presently elected mayor Erin Stewart, I was not only thrilled to shadow her throughout various political fundraisers, I was indeed excited to help with so many forms of community outreach as well. As I conducted my work, making a plethora of phone calls and delivering campaign signs, I was able to learn many of the assumptions people had about my candidate. Usually, once a conversation would begin and I was beleaguered with questions regarding Stewart, I ended up having to explain in loquacious discourse of why Stewart, if elected, was the panacea for New Britain’s financial woes.... [tags: personal reflection and experience]
541 words (1.5 pages)
- I completed my practicum at the State University Health Research Center. The HRC was launched in March 2014 by the State School of Medicine. Its mission is to utilize the Community-based Participatory Research (CBPR) approach to build the community capacity and leadership for health promotion and disease prevention across the diverse populations of the county. The HRC is funded by a 5-year, $4.1 million grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as part of the Prevention Research Centers Program.... [tags: Community Health Internship]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- Intern Reflection Paper The internship that I acquired during the summer of 2010 at the Greenwood Sports and Industrial Rehabilitation Center (GSIRC), allowed me to gain an immeasurable amount of experience during my tenure at this facility. Within this period, the exposure to new concepts within the physical therapy industry allowed me to observe and work hands on with patients of all ages and disabilities that exposed me to various treatment plans and programs to restore client’s mobility. The essential Physical Education and Exercise Science (PEES) courses taken at Lander University were beneficial to my academic knowledgebase, which prepared me and developed me for the opportunity within... [tags: Reflection Paper]
875 words (2.5 pages)
- The assignment instructed to be completed for my Dean’s Seminar class was a study plan. This plan organized my study habits and helped me with my time management. I learned valuable skills that I will incorporate into my daily routine. By sticking with this plan I will be able to see an improvement and progress in my work . I hope to use this template for the rest of my educational career. Many of the study skills that I learned have become integral in my study habits. I began to highlight my book for key works and phrases which help me organize the main points the book is articulating.... [tags: Reflection Essay]
620 words (1.8 pages)
- The Four Points Internship Experience: three months after Operational and Management Activities Halfway through the internship, I have rotated to all the entry-level position in the housekeeping department. If the initial months were all about induction, immersion and adjustment into the new hotel and department the two months after that I am able to confidently rotate to any non-managerial position in the department. There is more focus on mastery of skills and establishment of connections between roles in the operating core.... [tags: The Four Points Internship Experience]
867 words (2.5 pages)
- Internship Report Format 1. Title Page One original title page, prepared in the same format as the Sample Internship title is given at the end. Page submitted with the original signatures of Program coordinator. The date on the title page will depend on the semester you will receive your degree. 2. Acknowledgements If you wish, you may include a page with a brief note of dedication or acknowledgment of help received from particular persons. 3. Table of Contents The contents page should clearly and accurately index the page numbers of the various sections of the dissertation.... [tags: Internship Report]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
The Milford Historical Society meeting major issues were brought up like addition to the Bryan-Downs house. I watched board members and involved society members conduct meetings and address issues. Some of these issues that to fall events and discussion on the picnic July nineteenth. Also, many committees reported their needs and updates to the Milford Historical Society. Supposedly, these meeting only take place every two or three months. I saw people motion for votes on issues to discuss and the secretary informed the members of what happened last meeting. Also, I offered to be coordinator of docents every Sunday in July, which I the Milford Historical Society was thrilled about. I was made a set of keys to the Milford Historical Society so I may open it so other docents may volunteer on Sundays. I was emailed the list of names and phone numbers to contact for the Sunday docent work. I am to schedule a minimum of three people for each Sunday so one person may cover each house of the Milford Historical Society. Also, if I am to be there to oversee the day and fill in wherever there is a huge crowd of people at the Milford Historical Society. Therefore, to prepare for my new responsibility I worked as a docent on Sunday again.
Another day I was the docent for the Stockade house and held six tours that lasted about twenty five minutes each. I gave the informative tours on the north parlor, kitchen, bedroom, and the south parlor. Also, I tried to recruit a visitor to be a docent and received two historical pictures from a knowledgeable visitor, which maybe could be added to our collection at the Milford Historical society. I answered each question of the people who visited. After this it was time for me to learn how to archive objects.
Then I had object accession lessons and started accessioning objects in the Milford Historical Society collection. I was informed that glass objects, you put nail polish on the object then using a marker you may write then place nail polish over it, on paper items you write the number in pencil and make it not very noticeable, and on objects its nail polish then white out then pen mark and finally nail polish. Also you fill out an accession card that has the accession number of the object, object category, description of the object, the donor name, donor address, and donation date. We accessioned about ten items and then were done for the day. Each item was put into a folder with it number and special accession preservation paper to keep the various articles of paper safe. Then we filed the folder with the artifacts in a cabinet for later use.
In conclusion my internship I have taken on major responsibilities and skills in order from my love for this work at the Milford Historical Society and my passion for knowledge. By my dedication to this internship I have already completed ninety-four hours of my internship. Also, once I am done with this internship I am making plans to continue work with the society to assist in whatever projects I may with my spare time.