I have through the school tours been training to be a docent, but one day in the past two weeks I had official docent training with other students. Everyone learned the story of the Eel-Stowe and Nathan Clark-Stockade house. Also, we were taught where the lights were in each house, and how to uncover the windows, objects, and hide the covering before the visitors came to the house. Then we learned how to cover the windows and the objects once the day was done. We were told some artifacts that young children may handle when they are visiting the houses for the day. Everyone received schedules and information packets in order to learn how to give a tour through the houses. I helped inform the other docents in training about some history that Ardienne did not say and helped to answer some minor questions.
I arrived at 12:30 to help set up for the Milford Historical Societies open house. I talked to Dave about the Eel-Stowe house history, since I will start showing tours in that house for next Saturday. I watched him give a tour to some visitors, who came to the Milford Historical Society. Then I led those visitors to the Clark-Stockade house where I gave a complete tour of the four rooms in there. There were not many visitors to the Milford Historical Society. I only gave two tours, but I gave them completely on my own with no prompting or help. I led tourists to the Bryan-Downs house for refreshments. Also, I answered the visitor’s questions about pieces I did not discuss during the tour.
This conference was in Hartford and called Bring on the Drama. The point of this conference was to show historical societies...
... middle of paper ...
...o about ten people. I told them all about the Nathan Clark Stockade House. I started in the South Parlor, then the kitchen, then the minor bedroom, and finally the North parlor. The last three hours I gave tours in the Eel-Stowe house to visitors. I showed all six rooms to the visitors, which were the parlor, Stephan’s office, the kitchen, the parent’s bedroom, Esters bedroom, and the boy’s bedroom. In both tours I answered questions about objects they wanted further explanation on during the tours. I gave ten tours in the total of the six hours that ranged from twenty to thirty minutes each. Also, I assisted fellow docents in other tours they were having when I was waiting for visitors. Therefore, with all the events and participation I am quite far along in my internship.
I worked 31.5 hours in the past week so I have completed 62 hours of my internship.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Internships are a learning experience of new skills and improving on previous skills that you have gained. I have through the school tours been training to be a docent, but one day in the past two weeks I had official docent training with other students. Everyone learned the story of the Eel-Stowe and Nathan Clark-Stockade house. Also, we were taught where the lights were in each house, and how to uncover the windows, objects, and hide the covering before the visitors came to the house. Then we learned how to cover the windows and the objects once the day was done.... [tags: Reflection]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- I. BACKGROUND AND BUSINESS MODEL OF THE INTERNSHIP SITE Ophidion, Inc. is an early stage biopharmaceutical company located in Pasadena. The company is currently developing a new class of safe and effective drugs targeting some of the most important molecules in the central nervous system, the neuronal nicotinic receptors. These drugs will potentially be used to treat several cognitive disorders, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, ADHD, schizophrenia, depression, and many other CNS diseases.... [tags: Internship Reflection]
2513 words (7.2 pages)
- It has been a while since I started at the internship and I am really glad I decided to work here. I think the experience in this area is a good preview of my career and future. I am learning some important skills and finding out some things about myself and the tough skin I will need in order to stay in the area of juvenile support. One of my responsibilities involved checking the messages from the days before on the office phone. I found that some of the potential mentors sounded older. This got me wondering about the age limits of the mentors.... [tags: Reflection Paper]
1370 words (3.9 pages)
- I would like to begin by saying I have been a Laboratory technician for over ten years now and have worked at my current job for over three years. I began my internship with the feeling that I would not have anything to write or say about the experience but I was wrong. I started out with the blood bank department. I work my weekends in that department, we are assigned a department for weekend rotations. My supervisor is also the blood bank department supervisor. I came to the Houston Medical Center with little blood bank experience and will leave there with a very good understanding of blood bank.... [tags: department, gel, supervisor, mircrobiology]
1608 words (4.6 pages)
- During the several weeks I volunteered my time as an intern for the campaign of presently elected mayor Erin Stewart, I was not only thrilled to shadow her throughout various political fundraisers, I was indeed excited to help with so many forms of community outreach as well. As I conducted my work, making a plethora of phone calls and delivering campaign signs, I was able to learn many of the assumptions people had about my candidate. Usually, once a conversation would begin and I was beleaguered with questions regarding Stewart, I ended up having to explain in loquacious discourse of why Stewart, if elected, was the panacea for New Britain’s financial woes.... [tags: personal reflection and experience]
541 words (1.5 pages)
- I completed my practicum at the State University Health Research Center. The HRC was launched in March 2014 by the State School of Medicine. Its mission is to utilize the Community-based Participatory Research (CBPR) approach to build the community capacity and leadership for health promotion and disease prevention across the diverse populations of the county. The HRC is funded by a 5-year, $4.1 million grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as part of the Prevention Research Centers Program.... [tags: Community Health Internship]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- Intern Reflection Paper The internship that I acquired during the summer of 2010 at the Greenwood Sports and Industrial Rehabilitation Center (GSIRC), allowed me to gain an immeasurable amount of experience during my tenure at this facility. Within this period, the exposure to new concepts within the physical therapy industry allowed me to observe and work hands on with patients of all ages and disabilities that exposed me to various treatment plans and programs to restore client’s mobility. The essential Physical Education and Exercise Science (PEES) courses taken at Lander University were beneficial to my academic knowledgebase, which prepared me and developed me for the opportunity within... [tags: Reflection Paper]
875 words (2.5 pages)
- The assignment instructed to be completed for my Dean’s Seminar class was a study plan. This plan organized my study habits and helped me with my time management. I learned valuable skills that I will incorporate into my daily routine. By sticking with this plan I will be able to see an improvement and progress in my work . I hope to use this template for the rest of my educational career. Many of the study skills that I learned have become integral in my study habits. I began to highlight my book for key works and phrases which help me organize the main points the book is articulating.... [tags: Reflection Essay]
620 words (1.8 pages)
- The Four Points Internship Experience: three months after Operational and Management Activities Halfway through the internship, I have rotated to all the entry-level position in the housekeeping department. If the initial months were all about induction, immersion and adjustment into the new hotel and department the two months after that I am able to confidently rotate to any non-managerial position in the department. There is more focus on mastery of skills and establishment of connections between roles in the operating core.... [tags: The Four Points Internship Experience]
867 words (2.5 pages)
- Internship Report Format 1. Title Page One original title page, prepared in the same format as the Sample Internship title is given at the end. Page submitted with the original signatures of Program coordinator. The date on the title page will depend on the semester you will receive your degree. 2. Acknowledgements If you wish, you may include a page with a brief note of dedication or acknowledgment of help received from particular persons. 3. Table of Contents The contents page should clearly and accurately index the page numbers of the various sections of the dissertation.... [tags: Internship Report]
1200 words (3.4 pages)