... middle of paper ...
...ures that they use to monitor the network and they felt like several of them which was created years ago may not be needed are might even needed to be modified to fit the network operations of today. This was very difficult starting off trying to apply the knowledge about signatures that I was taught and what I read. I had to rely on a few of our senior engineers to help get through the first couple of signatures and then after I got the hang of it became evident of what I need to do. I was in charge of dissecting thirty signatures and on twenty-two of them changes was made to them regarding the results of my project. There are hundreds of thousands alarms a day and through my results that cut the IDS from triggering on over ninety-five thousands plus alarms. With this such of decline in false positive alarms will make the job for the IROC team easier after I am gone.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Capstone explicitly reinforced my confidence in my project due to the mini networking project we undertook in class. Through personally developing my own server-client network, I was able to better understand the concepts of networking. I was individually able to manipulate the program to better undertake the communication aspect, the level of security, and organization of information in code and to the end-user. From this mini project, I learned the communication process between systems and how to first initiate a connection.... [tags: Windows Server 2008, Operating system, Idea]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- ... There he received a masters in computer science with a security emphasis. Currently, Daniel has over ten years of experience in computer security, penetration testing, computer forensics, and programming. Nowadays, Daniel’s duties as Director of IT Security is to make sure assets are secure, networks are secure, users are trained, and mitigating cyber attacks . Daniel’s goal is to set the foundation and grow out a program that will set Scentsy’s people up for success . Analysis Audience Vulnerability assessment reports are intended for other IT Directors or technical leaders like the Chief Information Officer (CIO) of a company .... [tags: Computer security, Computer, Security]
1049 words (3 pages)
- Network Administrator PROPOSAL The purpose of this research is to provide a detailed insight into the job duties and responsibilities of a network administrator. Early on, I developed a strong interest in computers. Therefore, in high school, I began taking classes to assist me in a computer career. At the time, I was not certain as to which aspect I would pursue. However, I knew it would be working with computers. Nevertheless, it was not until college that I determined that I wanted to be a network administrator.... [tags: Job Career Description]
1895 words (5.4 pages)
- Network Security is the protection of the computer’s network though out the entire infrastructure. It can protect very important information and computer files to help prevent theft, spyware, malware, viruses, and more. Depending on if you have a public or private network, can determine what type of security settings you need for your network. All people are different on what they want to have secured or not, but most people do not know how to prevent people or things from getting in their network.... [tags: Computer Network Security]
868 words (2.5 pages)
- Today’s corporate infrastructure is not the same as it was 10 years ago. In the past you were able to control the amount of attacks on a network because of the reasonable number, which is not the case today. At any given time an organizations network will be attacked or try to be attacked several hundred times in one day. For larger more well-known organizations this number could grow significantly. To ensure your organization is not one of the ones on the 10’oclock news you have to ensure you have proper security practices in place to secure your network.... [tags: Network Security]
799 words (2.3 pages)
- Everything that is connected in a network is a part of a bigger network. Hence, a lot of information that is exchanged in a network is also accessible to a wide range of threats. There has to be some form of security, which can protect this valuable information from falling into the wrong hands. Major concerns of threats are misuse of information, manipulation of data and also destruction of valuable information. Network security plays a major role in protecting a network’s data from these types of threats.... [tags: Computer network, Internet]
1184 words (3.4 pages)
- Computer Network Security Alternatives Computer network security and integrity is a large concern among all types and sizes of companies. The options for solving security risks are as varied as the companies themselves. However, it is possible to break down the methods for dealing with security risks into three major categories. Companies have the option to: 1. Select best of breed products for their various security needs and assemble the products together to form their own customized solutions.... [tags: Computer Network Security Essays]
776 words (2.2 pages)
- Network Security 1. What is network security. Network security has changed significantly over the past years. There is more and more data to monitor and analyze in order to detect the activity of your data and systems. Securing a network has many variables. Password authentication, network access, patches, anti-virus protection, intrusion detection, firewall and network monitoring tools are just a few of the things you can do to protect yourself. Threats to your network is becoming more complex and it is requiring lots of money, time and sacrifices to keep up with the growing amount of potential attacks.... [tags: Technology Security Network]
1619 words (4.6 pages)
- Network Security When it comes to networking and the security of networks, there are several different methods of protecting networks. Of these differing methods, some of them sound similar, but provide differing levels of security. In the following paragraphs, I will try to explain the differences between some of the methods used. Explain the difference between historical and statistical logging. Logging is a simple way of keeping a record of activity on a network. There are several types of logs that can be kept, each providing different data that can be analyzed to provide information on potential ways of improving security over time.... [tags: Network Security Hacking ]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- Network Security Installing firewall or anti-virus software on enterprise workstations can help prevent some of the security problems the Internet can cause; but not everything. By understanding the different Open Systems Interconnect (OSI) levels and security threats involved with each one of them, it is easier to plan a strategy to combat security problems. Purpose and Scope To cover all areas I have listed the network security measures that are associated with each level of the Open Systems Interconnect (OSI).... [tags: Security Network Technology]
980 words (2.8 pages)