Although taking care of my niece sparked my interest on how children thinks, what really inspired me was when I job shadowed at the OHSU Doernbecher Children's Hospital as a requirement for one of my classes. At first, I dreaded the long eight hours I was going to be there. I had to wake up early, miss school, and had no idea about what was awaiting for me. I was sure that it would be boring and tedious. However, experience once again proved me wrong. Even though I have to admit that it was a little dull as there was not a lot of interaction, I was impressed by how the staff members worked with the family to help the child out. As I observed, I could tell that the staff members truly cared about their patients and their family. It was the relationship between them that changed my initial thoughts about how a docto...
... middle of paper ...
...ence, not judge it based on what others tell me. I still remember hearing the saying “Even if you know there is a wall in front of you, you will not know that you will get hurt until bump into it.” It is true that I many not like it afterall, but I am now determined to not only give research a chance, but to also give myself a chance at it.
It is within my knowledge that if I do get accepted, the research topic available may not be exactly what I am interested in. However, any sort of research will aid me in my search for an area that will fit me as it will expose me to more fields. Research is the first step to solving many of the problems faced by society today, and I am sure that this will be a new starting point for me. While the answers that come out may not always be accurate and reliable, it does serves as a way for researchers to find possible answers.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
Young And Health : A Nonprofit Organization That Offers Comprehensive Health Care For Low Income School Age Children
- ... Since the first day at Young & Health I worked closely with Whitney Harrison, the program director of Young & Health. By the second week, I was doing community assessments; I was going over children files and inputting their information for the mobile dental clinic. After inputting their names into the system, I called their parents to informed them about the event and set appointments for them to come to the office to fill out the necessary paperwork during the appointments I was able to interact with the parent and to see first-hand that “one size does not fit all”.... [tags: Health care, Health, Dentistry, Health insurance]
937 words (2.7 pages)
- Every college student is concerned about his or her academic future, especially nowadays in times of the economic crisis. College students are desperate for experience that might distinguish them later from other job applicants and improve their chances of getting their desired jobs. Internships provide valuable experience necessary for jobs and are an important part of the academic career. However, when it comes to internships, the issue of unpaid internships may be raised with opinions differing on the question of the benefits of such unpaid internships.... [tags: Internships]
1608 words (4.6 pages)
- I. BACKGROUND AND BUSINESS MODEL OF THE INTERNSHIP SITE Ophidion, Inc. is an early stage biopharmaceutical company located in Pasadena. The company is currently developing a new class of safe and effective drugs targeting some of the most important molecules in the central nervous system, the neuronal nicotinic receptors. These drugs will potentially be used to treat several cognitive disorders, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, ADHD, schizophrenia, depression, and many other CNS diseases.... [tags: Internship Reflection]
2513 words (7.2 pages)
- ... For instance, there was a meeting discussing expectations with no excuses, implying that it was an irresolvable conflict(Beebe 216). There were issues such as a schedule change that were over exaggerated and commonly seen around the office. Other interns were having schedule changes along with their work and I was the only one who was approached for it. This seemed inconsistent and it made for further speculation with their methods. For example, there were interns who had major schedule changes with no conflicts and it made it seem that confrontational style was their preferred method to isolate situations(Beebe 218).... [tags: Employment, Intern, Internship, The Work]
1248 words (3.6 pages)
- After working with multiple campaigns this summer, my personal and professional growth in the field of political science has increased significantly. The opportunities that have come to fruition through my time and commitment to these individuals running for political office have changed my outlook on the political process. It takes a lot of groundwork to efficiently connect with voters, even in a state that is perceived to vote in one direction. After researching multiple perspectives and salient points, it is clear that there is no substitute for the internship experience when it comes to first hand knowledge of any type of work.... [tags: Employment, Intern, Internship]
2368 words (6.8 pages)
- Internship Experience During the course of time, I’ve learned many useful things that have led me to be the person I want to be today. From college classes to work experiences, I now have the ability to exceed upon internship experiences that can shape my perspective on life. The purpose of this paper is to summarize, reflect, analyze, and synthesize on my internship experience at the Children’s Home of Reading-Acute Partial Hospitalization Program. The Children’s Home of Reading was originally called Home for Friendless Children which was established in 1884.... [tags: Psychology, Psychiatry, Developmental psychology]
1118 words (3.2 pages)
- Internship Report Format 1. Title Page One original title page, prepared in the same format as the Sample Internship title is given at the end. Page submitted with the original signatures of Program coordinator. The date on the title page will depend on the semester you will receive your degree. 2. Acknowledgements If you wish, you may include a page with a brief note of dedication or acknowledgment of help received from particular persons. 3. Table of Contents The contents page should clearly and accurately index the page numbers of the various sections of the dissertation.... [tags: Internship Report]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- I had many responsibilities and duties as a teacher assistant/chaperone. Such as arriving at the assigned school for bus and student pick-up at 8:00 a.m. assisting teachers and counselors with Daily Opening Activity, with Math and Reading as well as Arts/Folklore classes. Escorting students to and from the bathroom. Supervising students during breakfast and lunch and assisting with clean up. Being responsible for picking up and returning materials to the GEAR UP office. Attending weekly Staff and Team meetings to discuss the past week and plan for the weeks ahead.... [tags: essays research papers]
955 words (2.7 pages)
- The senior that I chose to interview was Devon Smith also known “Mouse”. Devon is a graduate of Laurel High School and is currently attending Bowie State University. He is a student athlete and a member of the Pedology program. In this interview I will ask questions in regards to his field placement to better understand how and why things work when entering the field. I feel as though I am prepared for my internship, but hopefully after interviewing Devon I won’t be as nervous about my field placement.... [tags: essays research papers]
1435 words (4.1 pages)
- Business internships are helping students gain real world experience while they are not actually out in the real world yet. Internships are becoming more and more popular with college students in today’s world. An internship is basically when a student in college goes to a company or business and works while they are still enrolled in school and still getting academic credit. The main purpose of the internship is for the student to gain valuable on the job work experience. But there are also other things that a student can get from internships.... [tags: Internship Programs]
1333 words (3.8 pages)