In my opinion the most beneficial way that you can protect against hackers trying to steal your information is by first protecting your computer. By protecting your computer you not only protect the information that you do choose to put online while shopping or banking, but you are also protecting yourself by guarding against intruders while doing anything on that computer. The easiest way to protect your computer is to install a firewall. A firewall is “a software program or hardware device that filters the traffic that flows into your PC or your network through an internet connection.” (firewallinfo.com). Firewalls act as a barrier to anyt...
... middle of paper ...
...y mom’s case. I always use very complex passwords and I change them every so often. I also do not use the same password twice which can get challenging to remember them all but I do use a password manager that stores all of them.
The internet has gotten so popular that it is virtually impossible to avoid shopping online or checking your bank account online. By setting up a firewall on your personal computer, being aware of the sites you are using and the links you are clicking on, using a complex password instead of a simple one that is easy to guess, and never saving your account information online to use in the future you can greatly reduce your risk of internet hackers getting your information. All of these things are things you can do that won’t take a long time and won’t be hard to do but are very crucial if you want to be able to shop and bank online safely.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In today’s world it is much easier to shop online rather than go to the store and shop. With new advances in technology countless people are now choosing to do the majority of their shopping online. It is more convenient, sometimes faster, and even can be cheaper. Banking online is also now becoming increasingly more popular. By banking online you can instantly transfer funds instead of going through the bank drive-thru or even going in. Some banks now even have their own app on smartphones where you can immediately deposit a check into your account with one simple picture.... [tags: Credit card, Bank, Password, Personal computer]
1330 words (3.8 pages)
- The Internet is rapidly becoming widespread and widely used as a tool for globalization across the world. As the Internet became more easily accessible by most people in the world, the web is bringing significant implications and changes to the way we live, including the way we shop. There is a rapid growth with e-commerce and moving businesses onto the web and retail success is no longer about stores and shopping centers. In developed countries, about two thirds of the population have access to the Internet making the option of online shopping is easily accessible to most people (Valerio).... [tags: globalization, e-commerce, online shopping]
3113 words (8.9 pages)
- 1.0 Introduction and Background 1.1 Overview of Online Retail Industry in the 21st Century The wake of the internet has revolutionized the retail industry a great deal in the 21st Century. The selling of retail products has moved from retail shopping experience to home-delivery services. The internet has therefore shifted the shoppers experience to a whole new level of home purchase by the click of a button. This online retail concept has its pros and cons as well. The ultimate advantage is that the retail stores are receiving a global presence thus cutting off the national or international boundaries thus having a global print at the click of a button (Krafft & Mantrala, 2006).... [tags: internet, retail products, online shopping ]
3006 words (8.6 pages)
- A world without internet shopping would be treacherous. This includes traveling to multiple stores to find your needs, leaving the house, and worst of all, communicating with other humans. Sounds terrifying, right. Thankfully an online business called Amazon.com Inc. emerged and saved the world. From a grubby garage in Seattle with a vision to change e-commerce dramatically, Amazon.com has achieved the status of an online shopping giant. From just an idea to the actual start up, Amazon’s creation didn’t just happen overnight.... [tags: Electronic commerce, Amazon.com, Online shopping]
711 words (2 pages)
- Safety of Online Shopping Through Mathematics The easy and convenient way of shopping from the Internet attracts customers from all over the world to shop on-line. Anyone can browse the millions of websites, like Amazon.com and Ebay.com, that sell a variety of items or hold on-line auctions, as long as they have Internet access. Most big chain stores in the United States have on-line stores that sell the items they have in the stores for the convenience of lazy shoppers. However, there are risks that shopper should consider before they decide to buy from a site.... [tags: Mathematics Math Internet Shopping Essays Papers]
1399 words (4 pages)
- ... Delivery allows consumers to save time and do other tasks instead of supermarket shopping. Overall, online supermarkets offer customers more utility than a conventional supermarket. Limitations: By shopping online the consumer loses the ability to assess the quality of products. This is important for consumers, as assessing quality is alternative reasoning in the purchase decision process. Since consumers have this lack alternative reasoning, they may not be willing to complete the purchase in particular items such as: fruit, meat, vegetables.... [tags: grocery store, internet, customers]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- Nowadays, online shopping is a phenomena that all people are into and it is one of the greatest aspects of the internet. (Wong, 2013) found 91 percentage people shop online. Out of 9 percentage did not shop online, it is because they do not trust the shop online and another reason why because they cannot touch and feel the product. Shopping is being habituated in a student’s life, especially online shopping. Shopping and students, especially girls cannot be separated. The advantages of shopping online are like high-speed internet service and 24/7 availability that encourage students to update their fashion style which communicate meanings that it has individual and social significance.... [tags: Online shopping, Retailing]
1500 words (4.3 pages)
- ... Consumers can look through a large inventory of items in a short period of time, and if they don’t see what they want in one store, they can always move on to the next (Boswell, n.d.). This shows that with online shopping, consumers have an infinite choice of items to be purchased as sellers don’t face space constraints for their goods. The second advantage to online shopping would be the ability to purchase items not available locally. Some items which are a speciality to a particular country may be hard to find in another.... [tags: internet commerce]
1415 words (4 pages)
- Cathy Huang Mr. Allen and Mr. Buys Junior Humanities Periods 3+4 02/24/2016 Online shopping vs in-store shopping Thesis: Online shopping is better than in-store one and will have more customers in the future. Since the internet came out and developed, online shopping has become important parts of many people. With the rapid development of the Internet in the world, more and more people began to start online shopping due to its convenience, time-saving and benefits. For the definition, Online shopping is an act of purchasing items or services on the Internet and has grown in popularity over years.... [tags: Online shopping, Amazon.com, Electronic commerce]
1592 words (4.5 pages)
- The benefits of online shopping With the increase of internet usage, the internet has impacted and taken over our society today. We use the internet for almost everything including; communication, shopping, world news, and even school. Booking a flight or a hotel via the internet has become the way to go to save money and time. People are able to shop for different hotels and flights without using a travel agency. I remember shopping with my mother, making a grocery list, and clipping coupons. Now, there are websites for just coupons.... [tags: Retailing, Online shopping, Department store]
743 words (2.1 pages)