Abstract- The Internet is a very strong and powerful weapon that has evolved over the years from its origin in the early 1960’s. The Internet has grown from being used for military use only to now becoming a part of everyday life. The Internet is the largest, most powerful computer network. Internet usage has grown rapidly over the last decade. There are billions of Internet users throughout the world and the numbers are continuously growing by the second.
Keywords— Communication, Computer Network, Decode, ARPANET, packet switching, Security,
Communication has become much more convenient due to the invention of the Internet. The Internet has seamlessly become a part of the everyday life of people in general. The Internet is probably the most intricate piece of technology known to man. Today, The Internet is used for pretty much any and everything. From research, playing games and chatting with people across the world. The Internet is full of useful information as well as false information. The Internet allows for many different was to connect and communicate with others. As the Internet has been evolving, so has the communication among people.
II. What is the Internet?
The largest most intricate computer network, which is also know as the World Wide Web (www). The Internet has the capability of connecting numerous amounts of computers together in order to allow for communication. The way it works is that it allows for a computer to send and receive information to another computer for the information to be decoded and processed.
The Internet was originally a private network that was created for top-secret governmental usage. But after about two decades after the development of the Interne...
... middle of paper ...
...not trusted, that’s how hackers get in your computer. Some Anti-virus programs like MacAfee, Norton, and AVG can protect you from websites that are not trusted and blocks viruses.
Ever since the Internet has been made available to the public, not lot of people had it but that has improved rapidly in a short 20 years. Now, about 46 percent of the worlds population uses the Internet. It has made a significant change in the lives of people everywhere. People are now capable of communicating with anybody, even on the other side of the world with ease. The Internet has also made shopping, traveling and business better. Although there advantages, those advantages come with risks such as cyber-bullying, hackers and viruses on the Internet. Overall, research suggest that the future has many more opportunities to provide, and bring people closer than ever.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Internet Usage and Abuses Internet access is spreading very fast in the world and as the cost is getting more affordable, more and more people are spending time on the net. Now a day we cannot live without internet as we are forced to use internet willingly or unwillingly. If we use internet wisely it can benefit us in a lot of ways and if we use it unwisely in can have harmful effects on our lives. In this essay I will go into describe the ways that computer viruses, search engines, internet infrastructure, instant messaging, firewalls, and piracy are used and how to use these tools to benefit you without putting yourself in harm 's way.... [tags: Internet, Instant messaging]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Youth can survive without food but can’t survive without internet. The Internet is an endless source of information, a network that connect various groups of people through tools such as: social media, virtual reality games, blog posts, online dating to create one big culture. Because people use the internet at their own discretion, it is imperative to keep in mind that there are many disadvantages that comes with the territory which may limit use of its full abilities. It is also possible to grow an addiction to the internet due to overuse.... [tags: Internet, History of the Internet, Self-esteem]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- Research Methodologies Cyberpsychology refers to the interaction which exists between humans, computers and psychology. Human activities in the modern world are affected by the changes in technology. The use of new communications has triggered a change in the behavior of individuals ranging from the young people to adults. This has been facilitated by the use of computers and the internet. Therefore, in the workplaces and learning institutions, people have changed on how they carry out their activities.... [tags: World Wide Web, Internet, Academia, Addiction]
1231 words (3.5 pages)
- The usage of the internet and online communication technology has substantially increased over the decade. The internet allows rapid information exchange from an individual to unlimited users and gains access to different types of information across a wide variety of dimensions. Social networking sites are useful when they allow people to communicate instantly, share the news with friends; they also increase the likelihood for an individual to be victimised through social mediums- to be “Cyberbullied”.... [tags: Bullying, Abuse, Victim, Victimisation]
1223 words (3.5 pages)
- As of August 2000, 116.5 million Americans were online--31.9 million more than only 20 months earlier. Internet users accounted for 44.4 % of the U.S. population (age 3 and older), up from 32.7% in December 1998. This pattern of increasing Internet use held true at all income and education levels, for all age groups, for both men and women, for the employed and the unemployed and across all race and ethnic groups. Groups that have historically been digital “have nots”--individuals who come from low-income households, individuals with low levels of education, minority groups (particularly Blacks and Hispanics), and older people- are participating in this dramatic increase in Internet usage... [tags: Internet, Household income in the United States]
1570 words (4.5 pages)
- Internet Usage: the Good vs. the Bad The internet has become such a popular subject over the last 10 years. Someone who allows themselves to be included into the internet world can experience both positive and negative effect on their lives. Everyone should be able to enjoy having online time, but only in small amounts. Often times the internet can be defined as a communication network for the worldwide sharing of information. One of the more popular uses of the internet is reconnecting with old friends or family members.... [tags: Internet, Internet access]
850 words (2.4 pages)
- ... 1.3 SCOPE OF STUDY. This study purpose is to investigate on implication of internet usage among KPTMKL’s students that affect their attitude. I want to face about 100 among 2000 students degree level. They are consisting of semester 1 to 5. Students also consisting in BSC (HONS) in BIT of Accounting, International Business, Network and Computer Science course. I also spent time about 1 week to complete this research. 1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY. 1.4.1 To analyse the negative attitude of students affected by internet usage.... [tags: rude, addict, attitude, passive, internet]
1578 words (4.5 pages)
- Introduction The internet has, overtime, become a more apparent and easily accessible tool in our society. Its uses range from communication and recreation to business and educational tools. This folio will be investigating the differences between internet usage in Australian students in 2006 and 2013, and whether the usage patterns have changed drastically or remained similar. The annual CensusAtSchool survey created by the Australian Bureau of Statistics will be utilised to compare a random sample of students from 2013 with the results from students in 2006 and compare whether the usage patterns have changed or not.... [tags: Sample size, Statistical hypothesis testing]
1704 words (4.9 pages)
- Internet Usage in College life Who would have thought that one technological advance would change the way we look at many things in life. Who could have believed this to be true ten years ago. This technological device happens to be the Internet and it is very prevalent in our modern day society. It is involved with every facet of life from parenting to sports, from shows to artistic expression, and from education in the college realm. The Internet has changed many things including the educational system of America.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1673 words (4.8 pages)
- Internet Usage Are Mainstream Scientific Researchers Using the Internet to its full Multimedia Potential. As a research presentation medium, the Internet has been designed to offer vastly more to publishers than easy text access. It's astoundingly simple to incorporate photographs, diagrams, illustrations, sounds, animations, movies and all kinds of non-text content into a website using today's user-friendly web development software. This subject, Networks and Multimedia in Science and Technology, has been designed to open its students' eyes to the exciting multimedia possibilities available that can communicate research findings more accessibly, effectively and concisely than plain text.... [tags: Essays Papers]
532 words (1.5 pages)
- Personal Statement : Spiritual Discipline
- Is The Article ' Trying Juveniles As Adults : An Analysis Of State Transfer Laws And Reporting
- Autism Is A Complex Disability
- Gender Inequality Throughout The World, By Susan Glaspell, And M. Butterfly
- What I Know About My Life
- Differences Between Female And Male