Internet access is spreading very fast in the world and as the cost is getting more affordable, more and more people are spending time on the net. Now a day we cannot live without internet as we are forced to use internet willingly or unwillingly. If we use internet wisely it can benefit us in a lot of ways and if we use it unwisely in can have harmful effects on our lives. In this essay I will go into describe the ways that computer viruses, search engines, internet infrastructure, instant messaging, firewalls, and piracy are used and how to use these tools to benefit you without putting yourself in harm 's way.
Computer viruses are small pieces of software that rides on real programs. For example a virus might attach itself to a program such as a spreadsheet program. Each time the spreadsheet programs runs, the virus runs, too, and it has the chance to reproduce or wreak havoc. On one hand, viruses have showed us how weak/vulnerable we are, a severe virus can cause a devastating effect, doing billions of dollars in damages. There are many types of viruses but the three most common viruses are E-mail viruses, Trojan horses and Worms. E-mail viruses travel as attachments to e-mail messages and usually double themselves automatically, mailing themselves to dozens of other people. Trojan horses are computer programs. The programs say to do one thing (it may claim to be a game) but instead does damage when you run it (it may erase your hard disk). Worms are small pieces of software that uses computer networks and security holes to double them. Companies and organizations are paying more attention in training and educating their employees, so they can use internet wisely without getting vir...
... middle of paper ...
... support specialized features to combat messaging spam”
The future of the internet will include information sharing will become a big part of our daily life, political awareness and action will be taken into consideration, more peaceful changes will occur, internet education will spread more opportunities with less money spent on buildings and teachers, abusers will evolve into bigger ones and make life more miserable for others, etc.
Internet has a lot of advantages and disadvantages; it is up to us how we use it. It has made our lives easier by doing things such as shopping, paying bills and getting E-Tickets without leaving home. Internet plays a wide role in our lives and we cannot live without it, it is up to us to keep us informed with threats that come with it. When on the internet we should act wisely because the threats are only one click away.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Topic: Biochip Technology; Uses and Abuses Working Hypothesis: What is the correlation between the prophecy of "the mark of the beast", and current trends in biochip technology. Intro/Thesis statement: Technology is chipping away at our personal freedoms. In the New Testament, Revelations 13 warns " He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the Beast or the number of his name...".... [tags: Biotechnology]
1696 words (4.8 pages)
- Abstract- The Internet is a very strong and powerful weapon that has evolved over the years from its origin in the early 1960’s. The Internet has grown from being used for military use only to now becoming a part of everyday life. The Internet is the largest, most powerful computer network. Internet usage has grown rapidly over the last decade. There are billions of Internet users throughout the world and the numbers are continuously growing by the second. Keywords— Communication, Computer Network, Decode, ARPANET, packet switching, Security, I. Introduction Communication has become much more convenient due to the invention of the Internet.... [tags: Internet, World Wide Web, Computer network]
2258 words (6.5 pages)
- ... Robert Kraut and Moira Burke (2015) author of Internet Use and Psychological Well-Being: Effects of Activity and Audience can agree that the internet has become a part of people’s daily lives, using it to find information, communicate with friends and family, shop, play games, and pass the time. The internet created a community online that is growing tremendously. To understand the internet culture, we need to understand the advantages and the disadvantages of using the tool. To our knowledge, internet has become a basic need of our generation today because it seems that people can survive without food but can’t survive without internet.... [tags: Internet, History of the Internet, Self-esteem]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- As of August 2000, 116.5 million Americans were online--31.9 million more than only 20 months earlier. Internet users accounted for 44.4 % of the U.S. population (age 3 and older), up from 32.7% in December 1998. This pattern of increasing Internet use held true at all income and education levels, for all age groups, for both men and women, for the employed and the unemployed and across all race and ethnic groups. Groups that have historically been digital “have nots”--individuals who come from low-income households, individuals with low levels of education, minority groups (particularly Blacks and Hispanics), and older people- are participating in this dramatic increase in Internet usage... [tags: Internet, Household income in the United States]
1570 words (4.5 pages)
- Research Methodologies Cyberpsychology refers to the interaction which exists between humans, computers and psychology. Human activities in the modern world are affected by the changes in technology. The use of new communications has triggered a change in the behavior of individuals ranging from the young people to adults. This has been facilitated by the use of computers and the internet. Therefore, in the workplaces and learning institutions, people have changed on how they carry out their activities.... [tags: World Wide Web, Internet, Academia, Addiction]
1231 words (3.5 pages)
- ... Since the usage of the internet has become such a popular deal, websites are starting to provide users with multiple options. A person who decides to use internet may also be allowed to create invitation pages for birthday, weddings, baby showers, and whatever else they may have going on. Additionally, people who participate in specific websites can post pictures and updates for family that may live overseas or in different states. The internet is also good for college students and teachers to use for communication, and it provides many websites for study groups and sample tests.... [tags: Internet, Internet access]
850 words (2.4 pages)
- ... 1.3 SCOPE OF STUDY. This study purpose is to investigate on implication of internet usage among KPTMKL’s students that affect their attitude. I want to face about 100 among 2000 students degree level. They are consisting of semester 1 to 5. Students also consisting in BSC (HONS) in BIT of Accounting, International Business, Network and Computer Science course. I also spent time about 1 week to complete this research. 1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY. 1.4.1 To analyse the negative attitude of students affected by internet usage.... [tags: rude, addict, attitude, passive, internet]
1578 words (4.5 pages)
- Europe’s highest computer and internet usage takes place in Iceland. According to the World Economic Forum, Iceland has one of the highest rates of social media and internet use in the world. Iceland has some of the newest technology and is a very social country. Digital media and the internet in general is a necessity in Iceland. The Icelandic parliament, in 2010, started a new media enterprise that protects free speech. Their goal was to make Iceland a safe haven for the presses, reporters, journalists and informers.... [tags: social media, internet access]
738 words (2.1 pages)
- The Internet Infra-structure The internet usage is growing very rapidly in Malaysia in the recent years. The internet is well-known as JARING (Joint Advanced Research Networking) in Malaysia. Currently, MIMOS (Malaysian Institute of Microelectronics Systems), a governemt agency is overall maintaining and responsible for the the network backbone for JARING. Due to the rapid growth, the director-general of MIMOS Dr Tengku Mohamed Azzman Shariffadeen has made a press statement lately that under the Seventh Malaysia Plan, the speed of the network will be upgraded to about 20 to 300 times.... [tags: Malaysia Internet Business]
1617 words (4.6 pages)
- Internet Usage Are Mainstream Scientific Researchers Using the Internet to its full Multimedia Potential. As a research presentation medium, the Internet has been designed to offer vastly more to publishers than easy text access. It's astoundingly simple to incorporate photographs, diagrams, illustrations, sounds, animations, movies and all kinds of non-text content into a website using today's user-friendly web development software. This subject, Networks and Multimedia in Science and Technology, has been designed to open its students' eyes to the exciting multimedia possibilities available that can communicate research findings more accessibly, effectively and concisely than plain text.... [tags: Essays Papers]
532 words (1.5 pages)