Is the internet and advantage or a downfall? Nowadays everyone 's lives, feeds, and relies off the internet. Not only that but it is also easier than ever to access. People believe that the internet came to in the early 90’s with the introduction of the “world wide web” even though it 's been around for many years it started off as a means to communicate between universities and military facilities. Some people may become the victim of the internet, and for some it can be very beneficial. People may look to the internet for answers, information , entertainment, communication , educational and even business needs. The internet is filled with about anything even the benefit of shopping at home no matter you need, the internet is always there. Greater access to the internet can be a good thing.
The internet has a wide range of uses one of them being Communication. The internet has made communication cheap and convenient .Communication is a big thing in everyone 's life and most people do this via their phones, tablets or laptops along with the use of social media sites such as Email, Facebook, Twitter and many more. Whether it be meeting new people or getting in touch with long distanced loved ones .You can just pull up skype for example or any other communication app and be video chatting with someone from across the globe. There are also such things as dating sites that pull up people near you with the same interests .The way the internet lets people connect creating new communications from all parts of the world helping fill the gap of cultural differences.
Any Information you 'd ever need, can be found on the internet. With plenty of search engines such as Bing, Google and Yahoo that gives people access to information. This i...
... middle of paper ...
...bills , transfer money, buying or selling things and even applying for jobs. The growth of e-commerce has made it possible for people to shop for most things online. Some people even work off the internet by seeking consumer good, creating games , or making designs . Many people have found jobs as bloggers or as vloggers (video blogging) to post things online for example YouTube , people get paid to create content that entertain audiences.
To conclude , the Internet is a very beneficial place that can seem intimidating because of its vast amount of uses and information. The internet is used worldwide and commonly relied on, it 's uses can be from communicating across the globe, researching information, for entertainment purposes to access all types of media, it makes everything more convenient and faster,creates more educational opportunities and new jobs for people.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For people between the ages of ten and twenty-six years old, Internet addiction has become a mental health problem. Many studies have been designed to determine why the Internet is so addicting. Primary Issues One major factor to Internet addiction is anonymity; users have the ability to be anyone or anything they want to be. This identity could represent an ideal self or it could be the opposite of the real person. Having the resources to be able to change oneself over the Internet can lead to many problems along with addictiveness.... [tags: anonymity, cyberspace, communication, e-mail]
1403 words (4 pages)
- Is this the end of music as we know it. Of course not. For over 50,000 years (that we know of) music has been a part of our lives and it will stay a part of our lives until our apocalyptic end. But are we facing the end of music as an industry. Possibly. This question has been on the tip of musicians, industry insiders, and music mogul’s minds for the past few years. Why so scared. Well, through the eighties, nineties, and all the way up to the new millennium, the publics’ need for popular music was at an all time high; album sales were through the roof and world records were being broken.... [tags: Digital Media, internet, music, file sharing, ]
1303 words (3.7 pages)
- The Advantages of Internet Use for Education Abstract In the past few years, Indonesia has experienced the integration of the internet into society. This situation has created their presence in the market with taking us to the aim of this study that for know the reasons of university student on using internet for education. The data of benefits of using Internet for Education were collected and analyzed by using questioner comprised of 400 papers were collected and compared, it was performed by spreading the questionnaires to the two specific area at exact time in Pelita Harapan University, Lippo Karawaci and Trisakti University, Jakarta as sample to gain the senses.... [tags: Education Internet Technology]
1949 words (5.6 pages)
- Surfing the Internet we can find thousands of different Websites from Commercial, Personal, Educational, and Entertainment Websites to News Websites just to mention some of them. The importance of implementing a secure line between the vendor and the client is very important, when handling delicate information such as credit card numbers when making a purchase or just by logging in our bank account on-line. Security measures need to be in place in the vendor site in order to protect our interests.... [tags: Internet]
736 words (2.1 pages)
- Since the invention and popularization of the internet, computer mediated communication has become an increasingly common mode of socialization. Many people have voiced the concern that the move away from physical communication might have negative repercussions for society; however, socialization on the internet has a number of advantages over traditional socialization. The internet provides a larger pool of potential social contacts compared to physically seeking people, creates means for people to easily communicate when spatially or temporally disconnected and allows a comfortable atmosphere for communication.... [tags: Internet]
700 words (2 pages)
- Computers are considered to be one of the greatest discoveries of the 20th century. As time goes on, computers have become more and more important in our lives. We use computers at school, at home, and at work and most of us can’t imagine life without them. Although computer use has become an everyday activity in our lives, its excessive use can have negative effects such as failure in our relationships, school-work and responsibilities. The internet itself is a tool created to help us research whatever subject we are interested in.... [tags: Internet]
782 words (2.2 pages)
- Two of the most important inventions in the last 50 years include the Internet and the World Wide Web. Over 1.96 billion people currently use the Internet around the world. Current statistics on world Internet usage and population from the Internet World Stats Web site. However, many of those people are unable to access the information on the Internet fully. Using the United States as an example, according to the U.S. Census Bureau, in 2005 “among the population 15 years and older, 7.8 million people (3.4 percent) had difficulty seeing words or letters in ordinary newspaper print, and 1.8 million of these people reported being unable to see,” (3).... [tags: The Internet]
1013 words (2.9 pages)
- With the advancement of technology and the exponential increase of Internet use, professionals-academic and business-are relying on electronic resources for information, research, and data. The Internet gives an individual access to a sea of information, data, and knowledge; plus, this vast amount of information is available in a matter of seconds, rather than hours or days. The ease of access, availability, up-to-the-second timeliness, and vastness of online resources is causing many professionals, however, to forgo the use of print sources.... [tags: Internet]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- Whether you’re an average teenager wanting to keep in touch with friends after school, or a business person needing a low cost but effective way to keep work related material local and secret, chances are you use E-Mail or Instant Messaging services. For communication purposes in this high tech lifestyle that exists today, these systems are used only with the basic understanding needed to run these devices. You are about to learn how these systems came to be and the in depth understanding needed to make them work.... [tags: The Internet]
1529 words (4.4 pages)
- Internet2 Internet2 was formed in 1006 with an original 34 institutions participating. With Internet2, the Clinton Administration was trying to advance technologies for many people. Their first step was to connect 100 institutions at 100 times the speed of the current internet. The applications generated by this research have already had a positive affect on fields such as health care, national security, distance learning, energy research, environmental monitoring, and manufacturing. Internet2 is an extremely interesting subject.... [tags: Internet Computers Technology Essays]
1512 words (4.3 pages)