Essay PreviewMore ↓
Inclusion of data in a database allows for powerful manipulation of the data. Storing internal company information is much easier in a database than in a single file since entries can be updated in one place which is then propagated to other systems which might use that data. An example of the sort of information that is ideal for this type of internal storage is employee contact information and employee records. Databases are also very useful to an online business. Product selection and information can be readily entered into a predetermined format which is then automatically picked up by a website front-end, such as a store, to allow for real time manipulation of the store's offerings and prices.
In order to get Flower Euphoria it's supplies the company is able to order from online suppliers. The company will or can have a system in place that can track what type of flowers are in stock. When that type of flower is getting low the database can warn us of what is low and needs to be ordered.
How to Cite this Page
"Internet as a Powerful Marketing Tool." 123HelpMe.com. 22 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- THE INTERNET AS A MARKETING TOOL Coldwell Banker Burnet has built, brokered, and bought some of the Internet’s most valuable online real estate for the marketing of your home CBBurnet.com Receives visitors from over 192 countries, with 1 in every 4 coming from a mobile device.1 ColdwellBanker.com Over 3 million potential buyers2 per month and innovative mobile search platforms. ColdwellBankerPreviews.com (Minimum price point $750,000) Exclusively features exceptional home inventory that attract upper bracket buyers.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing strategy, Marketing plan]
1045 words (3 pages)
- Inbound Marketing – The Connecting Dots… Today when the world is moving towards digitalization, the level of awareness among customers is growing at a much faster pace; it is a need for the companies to be well versed with the new marketing and sales techniques. The companies should create endless opportunities to enhance the sales growth and capture market share. They should believe in guiding and igniting them through the initial steps in this world of sales and marketing. Common demand generation approach that use different marketing techniques mostly use inbound include blogs, social media, videos, webinars, newsletters, and whitepaper -- content-driven resources like weekly emails camp... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Internet marketing]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- Social media and social media marketing are often used interchangeably. Social media marketing is a process of gaining online traffic through social media sites and social media networks are vehicles to get your message out. Various different social media management tools/ resources are used to promote brand/services online for the businesses of all sizes. The term “social media” refers to online tools for sharing and discussing information. These tools include blogs, microblogs like Twitter, wikis, and social networks such as Facebook and allow users to create and share content – including text, graphics, podcasting, pictures and video etc.... [tags: Social media, Twitter, Sociology]
710 words (2 pages)
- Introduction The Bay of islands is one of the most beautiful parts of New Zealand and has 144 islands. It can also claim to be the birth place of New Zealand. The Bay Island with its warm climate and water based activities is a popular destination for New Zealand holiday makers and international tourist. The bay has many interesting historic towns including Pahia, Russell, Waitangi and Kari Keri. There is a broad range of accommodation in the bay of island, as well as attractions and activities, place to eat, and entrainment of all age.... [tags: Tourism Destination Marketing]
2362 words (6.7 pages)
- These days, businesses are going for different ways to promote their products. Before the inception of the Internet, businesses were trying to promote their products through conventional marketing strategies. But now the whole scenario has been changed dramatically. Whether it’s a small business or a corporate sector, every one out there is trying to promote their business through the Internet. The Internet has proven to be one of the most cost effective ways for promoting product or service. There is hardly any platform like the Internet that can bring you such a good way to exhibit your product or service on the global screen.... [tags: Marketing ]
1085 words (3.1 pages)
- The processes of globalisation and technological change is determined by the accelerated pace of life and growing importance of the information. Also, it relies on traditional marketing tools, and the investments of the new e-marketing solutions. In order to stay competitive in the market need to develop new ways of interacting with the customers and ensuring their loyalty. Social network marketing is becoming a more important part of creating marketing campaigns. Moreover, there is an increasing number of organizations implementing social networking, as a marketing solution.... [tags: Marketing, Communication, Advertising]
1499 words (4.3 pages)
- The world today is an internet age where there is life in and outside of the web. Outside of the internet people enjoy everything America has to offer, entertainment and job wise. Within people use the internet and social networks to contact friends and coworkers. The internet has become a tool for numerous things; so much it is unknown what people would truly do without it. The invention is so powerful and convenient, it is inevitably becoming corrupt. When the government and corporations see it as a useful spying and marketing tool, the internet is no longer such a good place to be.... [tags: Internet Age, Social Networks, Government]
1710 words (4.9 pages)
- Psychedelic Sellers When one goes to the store and looks at all the choices of peanut butter, how do they know which one is the best. Pricing could be something that comes to mind, but what if they believe that the cheaper one tastes different. Maybe they go with the expensive one thinking that it’s everything peanut can be. In all reality, it’s peanut butter. So how do some products sell better than other’s when they are actually the same product. Companies today use marketing and branding to sell their products, but does a pretty picture really sell.... [tags: Advertising, Marketing, Brand, Butter]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- Privacy and the Internet The natural progression of the Internet and emerging technologies is towards streamlining our lives both personally and professionally. Instantaneous communications and available on-line services continue to reduce the physical distance between individuals. Almost anything is now available in cyberspace from shopping, schooling and education, on-line trading, banking, to social and political on-line communities. On-line service providers are shifting from a product centric approach to a more personal and customized approach to marketing their products and services.... [tags: Web Cyberspace Internet papers]
1261 words (3.6 pages)
- The Internet Today the use of technology is tremendous. Almost every home has a computer and a way of communication like the telephone. Most have radios and satellites for cable television. To some people technology is all that they depend on for survival. I have learned that technology plays a huge role in every person’s life. The use of technology today has helped make life a little bit simpler and has changed our way of thinking. For instance, the Internet is a highly effective tool for communicating, for gathering information and for cooperation between dispersed locations.... [tags: Technology Impact Web Cyberspace Essays]
1204 words (3.4 pages)
Nowadays it is common to go to a search engine website and enter certain key words to pull up all the website links related to the topic that had been entered. Website search engine companies' primary business is to search for links for their customer's desire. This is how they do their business by partnership with other websites. Search engine sites are great for companies' to partnership with because within a second the companies are able to advertise their website and what they have to offer for their customers. Customers are able to browse and learn about their products or services. They have a greater chance to sell by advertising their products or services globally.
A Search Engine Company is not the only one that is able to pull up websites links. Many company websites have links to the other companies' that they do business with. For example, companies usually have links to their vendors or suppliers' website. This way the customers can look up information beyond just the company's website. Websites have many links to anything. It has links to shop, listen to music, watch videos, reading and learning, registering etc.
When browsing through the any Internet website there is a potential for systems to acquire computer viruses in the network. This can cause the network to go down and business could loose vital data. If data is not available then there is no business. This is when the Internet security comes in place. Most of the websites have security protection due to viruses. Internet security seems to be the big issues for businesses now. Businesses are becoming stricter with their Internet protection and users are limited on sending or receiving a file to communicate over the Internet and E-mail. The E-mail file size cannot be too large and it has to be under certain byte size for the file to send. Attachment files may be lost or strip from the E-mail. Many companies have policy on the use of Internet. The policy of Internet use is for business related. Website that can cause potential problems is blocked. Users cannot download or upload files from the Internet unless it has been approve.
Security issues are not on software, but also on hardware. Because of security, reason and potential network problems some company restrict their users not to plug any hardware devices to the network computer. For example, USB drive, CDs, DVDs, printers etc. User complaints can sometimes make it difficult to perform their job. They send their information and not arrive to the customers on time.
The Internet is also useful for companies performing research relating to their company. This research can pertain to their competition as well as their consumers. Since a large percentage of companies have an online presence, it is easy to gather information about a competitor by simply viewing their website and browsing their store. This is particularly useful for online businesses. Produce selection, pricing, delivery options, and general layout are all available for viewing to anyone who views the pages. The sort of information can be gathered and used to understand what sort of competition is present in the market and how they have chosen to present themselves. Consumer information can also be obtained on the Internet after some careful searching. This can be specific information on the population breakdown of the area in which the business will be focused, or broad information about the population by state. For example, the U.S. Department of Labor keeps statistics on a great number of matters and freely publishes them for access. One group of statistics that is of use in a commercial setting is the Consumer Expenditure Survey.
The Consumer Expenditure Survey (CE) program consists of two surveys collected for the Bureau of Labor Statistics by the Census Bureau the quarterly Interview survey and the Diary survey that provide information on the buying habits of American consumers, including data on their expenditures, income, and consumer unit (families and single consumers) characteristics.
U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (2006, Consumer Expenditure Survey)
The information contained within these statistics relates to consumer spending habits and can be invaluable when analyzing a particular market segment for a business venture or in the decision-making process surrounding that business.
In conclusion the Internet is the most powerful Marketing tool ever. As one can see there are many ways to reach out to the consumer. From online search engines to advertising there are many utensils to help the Flower Euphoria Company to grow exponentially.