Social media serves several purposes with the use of messages, print, pictures, and videos. While using the internet, you are not just limited to one specific website. There are always new applications to download and news to read about on blogs or websites. There is something for everyone to enjoy, whether they are into novels, art, or music. What I enjoy the most about the internet and social media in general is that it gives people the chance to post their own thoughts on websites such as Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr. In the past, the media developed a negative reputation for creating a distorted image of women and for highlighting celebrities. However, with the focus on these subjects and from the response of the people that were reading and viewing them, certain websites and companies have changed the way they promote their products, clothing, makeup, and news. Within the past two years, I have witnessed a change in the advertisements companies are presenting, they are now showing diverse men and women coming in all shapes and sizes. That carries a meaningful and powerful message, so that their viewers should ...
... middle of paper ...
...n can use the media. I have personally found a career path for my future and I couldn 't have done it without the help of the media. The endless possibilities and opportunities it can grant you can really set you off to something unique and that will captivate others. It does not only work as a gateway for communication, but also a place to advertise what you want to and to connect. There will always be negative comments about the media however, it should not steer someone away from using it for its positives attributes. The media has made a huge impact on users ' lives by making everything easier and quicker. I feel lucky to live in an era that produces advanced technology, software, and applications. It has truly sculpted me into the confident person I am today. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for me me and for the media and technology industries.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Before having a LInkedIn page people would have to know a lot of people in order to get a specific job. But now employers can just sweep the internet for a valuable resume. Another part of communication comes from the use of ads on social media; whether its an ad from a well known company or someone giving a “shout-out” to a smaller company for a specific product. More than ever people are finding out new products from specific page on Instagram. Social Media helps grow smaller businesses faster because social media makes the world smaller so more people can access the product or service.... [tags: Social media, Sociology, Social network service]
980 words (2.8 pages)
- Social Media catalyzed the interactivity of the internet by allowing average users to generate content as easily as they could view it. This encouraged people to share themselves online oon social media profiles. Many users were blown away by the possiblities online and satisfied to use online services for free without considering what was in it for the online service. Many people do not understand the large costs that can be associated with a large national or internationl website or application, especially one that allows users to have interactions and one that lets users upload content to be made instantly avaliable to everyone else.... [tags: Sociology, Facebook, Social media, Surveillance]
1121 words (3.2 pages)
- ... Parents may not even know how much their children are being harmed by their cell phones, tablets, computers etc. It is important to note the physical effects of the internet on societies, not only the emotional effects. Although a majority of adolescents and young adults receive harmful effects from technology and the internet, adults also face harmful effects. These effects may also be physical. In a study gathering information from large clinical trials, the effects of receiving medical treatment over the internet were searched.... [tags: Internet, Mobile phone, History of the Internet]
1096 words (3.1 pages)
- ... Great Britain has taken a literal interpretive attitude towards the legislation in contrast to the ‘proportionality’ approach used in other jurisdictions such as Germany. As a result the Act presents certain difficulties when using the law to prosecute offences such as flame trolling, as it was not until the Criminal Justice and Police Act 2001 that the law encompassed a wide spread variety of electronic communications. The MCA was applied in DPP v Connolly  1 W.L.R. 276, the respondent was found guilty of sending a grossly offensive and indecent message.... [tags: internet abuse and free speech]
1703 words (4.9 pages)
- How do social media (and the internet) affect the development of people of our generation. Social media and the internet has become apart of the culture of this generation. Many people turn to social media for various reasons such as news, networking, games, and other time wasting activities. Social media and the internet has affected the development of people of our generation by contributing to less social interactions, strengthening communication skills, and online harassment. Social media has caused our generation to have a lot less social interactions.... [tags: Communication, Sociology, Writing, Facebook]
1224 words (3.5 pages)
- ... Social media can be utilized to advertise a candidate’s campaign and allow them to interact with their voters while lowering the cost of advertisements, as well as saving time and effort. According to Douglas Hagar “social media…contribute[s] to political success” (Hagar 75) because of the ability to access online articles and seek the motives behind candidates can be accessed at any time and any place. The knowledge that the internet provides on political views and civil life can help voters or supporters become more informed on current events.... [tags: Elections, Election, Voting, Voter turnout]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- I my humble opinion social media and the internet has had a direct effect on the world of modern dating. So much more information is avalible out there in the world wide web. There are also many tool that one can use to find out information, mood and mental state of the person they are wooing or in fact if they were even real as in who they said they were. It started out as an experiment. I had been on the internet dating sites before. To be honest its usually the same crowd recycled. A new person might pop into the rows of pictures to be selected like a pet in a virtual kenal.... [tags: Woman, Female, Sex, Male]
1680 words (4.8 pages)
- The Impact of the Media, the Internet, and Social Media Many people today may not realize how much the media, Internet, and Social Media impacts their lives because of how reliant we’ve become on them. In “Of Losers and Moles: You Think Reality TV Just Writes Itself” by Derrick Speight, “Mind Over Mass Media” by Steven Pinker, or “Harrison Bergeron” by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr., each story may talk or argue about some issue that society faces in relation to media. In the first article I read by Derrick Speight, the main goal was to explain to the audience that reality TV is real, but in the scheme of the production, the writers and producers must transform the reality of it into a story line.... [tags: Mass media, Television program, Kurt Vonnegut]
1686 words (4.8 pages)
- How is Alcohol Ingrained into Social Media and the Internet. In America, alcohol is woven into many aspects of culture including music, sports, and even social media. Whether young adults and adolescents realize the fact or not, alcohol is ingrained into social media, and deeply. It is considered pretty normal for Americans to post a video on YouTube about someone doing silly or ridiculous acts while being drunk or to see your friend post a picture on Facebook advertising that they are drunk. In fact, thousands of videos of drunk people will come up if someone searches this on YouTube.... [tags: Ethanol, Alcoholic beverage, Alcohol intoxication]
1161 words (3.3 pages)
- Introduction Social media and the internet is becoming a debate in the media and is thought to be as addictive as drugs and alcohol triggering the same brain functions in addiction by jeopardizing relationships with others, causing poor mental health, and interfere with employees’ productivity in the workplace. Many debate that there is no such thing as internet addiction disorder. Researchers are testing correlations between the causes of internet addiction. Possibly in the future, Internet addiction disorder may become an illness in the DSM-5.... [tags: Addiction, Pornography, Sexual addiction]
2278 words (6.5 pages)