1. Executive Summary…………………………………... 3
2. Introduction…………………………………………... 4
3. Overview of the program……………………………...
a. Benefits…………………………………………….. 5
4. Competitors…………………………………………... 7
5. Conclusion……………………………......................... 7
6. References…………………………….......................... 8
A heterogeneous cloud infrastructure environment results in 40 to 60 percent performance variation. Therefore, cloud users are looking for more insight into the performance, capabilities and cost savings offered by cloud service providers so that they can get the right size and type of performance as per their particular workload.
Intel introduces the “Intel Cloud Technology” program that seeks visibility in the cloud allowing users to choose the technologies that are optimal for running their applications on cloud.
This report emphasizes how Intel can improve customer experience. Enterprise customers certainly value transparency in the cloud for performance and security reasons. The report also talks about how this program helps communicate differentiation, giving a much detailed explanation of what is going in a cloud infrastructure in a much clearer and intelligent manner.
Intel is a world leader in computing innovation. It has a huge share in the data center market. Intel CPUs power 90 percent of clouds today. Intel Corporation has partnered with 16 leading cloud service providers (CSPs) to introduce the "Intel Cloud Technology” program which will provide cloud users to get a sense of the hardware behind their Intel-based cloud technology. This will he...
... middle of paper ...
...) Dean Takahashi, VentureBeat: Intel starts ‘Intel Inside’ style program for transparently choosing cloud technology
Retrieved from http://venturebeat.com/2014/01/15/intel-starts-intel-inside-style-program-for-transparently-choosing-cloud-technology/
5) Charles Babcock, Information Week : Amazon-Intel is inside our cloud
Retrieved from http://www.informationweek.com/cloud/infrastructure-as-a-service/amazon-intel-is-inside-our-cloud/d/d-id/1111509?
6) White Paper: Security in the Cloud for SAP HANA
Retrieved from http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/white-papers/cloud-security-xeon-e7-v2-sap-virtustream-paper.pdf
7) Virtustream Collaborates with Intel to Launch Big Data as a Service
Retrieved from http://www.virtustream.com/company/buzz/press-releases/virtustream-collaborates-intel-launch-big-data-service-using-sap-hana
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Technology is growing at a “break-neck” pace. In 1965, Intel Corporation Co-founder Gordon Moore observed that the number of transistors per square inch on integrated circuits have doubled annually since their inception. The speed of software and application innovations mirrors the speed of the hardware advances observed by Gordon Moore. A recent technological trend that has emerged out of this swift moving industry is the concept of cloud computing. Cloud computing is allows files and documents to be uploaded onto an online database that is controlled and monitored by a third-party company, while allowing remote access to the uploader of said files.... [tags: technology, dropbox]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- ... My first project, where I was part of a large maintenance program for Intel (client), required me to support several middleware services implemented in technologies like SAP-XI, TIBCO, Web methods 8.2, and BizTalk. My responsibilities included monitoring applications, gateways and servers, managing tickets, bug fixing and roll out to productions. Direct interactions with the client taught me how to organize, automate, and synchronize the support services and finally, how to build customer loyalty.... [tags: cloud computing]
1175 words (3.4 pages)
- New technologies raise new ethical challenges besides new technical problems. Cloud computing is the recent technology in IT that moves the data away from portable storage devices to large data centers called cloud. It basically means that every application given as services over the Internet to the user. In the view of User it is accessing his/her files, programs and other services through Internet which are hosted by other service providers. One more aspect of cloud computing is the cost effectiveness of this technology which attracted enterprises to use this technology to consume their IT services in a cost effective way.... [tags: technology, cloud, ethical]
1447 words (4.1 pages)
- Cloud computing as an advanced technology, its uses is rising rapidly and it is being paid a more developing consideration in the systematic, commerce and business field. It is based on the Internet, on which resources that can be shared as like storage, software and information are provided with computers and devices on the requirement. This emerging technology has ability to access a general collection of resources on demand. In place of buying separate physical devices as servers, storage, or any networking apparatus, customers give out these resources from a cloud provider as an outsourced service.... [tags: plataform, advanced tecnology]
595 words (1.7 pages)
- AMD Trying to Outdo Intel . Advanced Micro Devices (traded on NYSE under AMD), the world’s second largest producer of microprocessors, has historically lagged behind the giant Intel, which commands about four-fifths of the international microchip market. After two decades of being the best-grounded and sure-footed company in Silicon Valley, Intel is having serious financial and strategic trouble. The company has called off a succession of high-profile projects, replaced its top management in money-losing ventures and is behind AMD in introducing new demanded technology including anti-virus and worm-fighting products.... [tags: Advanced Micro Devices Intel Technology Essays]
1151 words (3.3 pages)
- Intel Case Study Introduction In this week’s assignment we will discuss the pressures of change both internal and external and how they relate to the case study of Intel Corporation. First we will identify some of the changes at Intel over the first three years of Mr. Barrett’s tenure as CEO. Then we will look at the environmental pressures for change that were present in the case study. Then I will identify some of the internal organizational pressures for change that Intel experienced in the case study.... [tags: Intel, Barrett, Otellini]
1082 words (3.1 pages)
- Intel’s name is synonymous with the microprocessors powering the vast majority of the world’s personal computers, whether they run the Windows, Macintosh, or Linux operating systems. The Intel of today is no longer a single-minded chip company serving the horizontally-structured PC industry, but become have become a world-class high-tech innovator by contributing to the rapid advancement of computing and communications technologies, starting at the silicon level by extending Moore’s Law with high-K, metal-gate transistors, high-speed mobile broadband communications with WiFi and later WiMax 4G wireless networking, and delivering complete hardware and software solutions to the digital home wi... [tags: Technology, Computers]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- Evolutionary Algorithm and Discussions Cloud computing provides variety of internet on demand services such as software, infrastructure and data storage. for the purpose of provision of private service to the user, there is possibility to use multi-level password creation and documentation or authentication techniques. This technology assists in creating the password in several levels of the company. So, that the strict documentation and authorization is possible. The levels of security in cloud may be more developed by multi-levels documentation.... [tags: technology, cloud, storage]
970 words (2.8 pages)
- Cloud computing involves a lot of concepts and technologies. Companies and corporations such as Amazon, Google and Microsoft are providing services following the logic of computational infrastructure cloud computing, with Amazon the pioneer in providing and marketing infrastructure of this kind. The academic community has also shown interest in cloud computing, and some work has been directed to improvements in aspects of performance, security, usability, implementation and reliability of the system as a whole (Armbrust et al.... [tags: internet, technology, cloud computing]
2873 words (8.2 pages)
- Intel Results of operations. Intel broke a record in net revenues in 1995, for the ninth consecutive year, rising by 41% from 1994 to 1995 and by 31% from 1993 to 1994. Higher volumes of the rapidly raising Pentium microprocessor family, partially offset by lower prices, and increased sales of related board-level products were responsible for most of the growth in revenues in 1994 and 1995. Revenues from the Intel486 microprocessor family declined substantially in 1995 due to a shift in market demand toward the Company's Pentium microprocessors and lower Intel486 microprocessor prices.... [tags: essays research papers]
1777 words (5.1 pages)