Over the past few years' schools have been integrating technology into the classroom through new methods, ideas, grants, and personal experience. Not only has it enriched the learning experience as a whole but also it has proven to be effective in motivating and influencing students desires to learn not only in the classroom but outside as well. Through things such as state and federal funding it is possible to make some of these seemingly impossible technological advances come to a small town such as ours. Students from around the country who have already been awarded the privileges of being awarded technology grants said it helped them in five ways. These five ways were that the devices encouraged students to explore topics further, helped to manage time, provided new learning tools, made courses more interesting, and increased their learning. (Woke 1) with out expanding our educational technologies through out the district to include things such as iPads, laptops for every student, and social networking to be used in the classroom will not be preparing its student body for the 21st century.
With out a doubt County High School needs to move to more 21st century, hands on, and learning styles in the classroom. The question is what is the means of doing this and how do we integrate it into what we do now. It is a step by step process but one of the first things we need to do is make sure every kid has a laptop. This is extremely possible because Granville County School in North Carolina passed out 900 lap tops to ever student. (Granville 2) this is a great way to start putting technology into schools while making the parents and students aware. Also to insure quality and respons...
... middle of paper ...
...he social networking cites and access you are able to make a broader spectrum of student to teach communication and student to student communication to discuss ideas. As far as bringing in your own devices it is a great idea because it saves the school money and we can still monitor your Internet access. Also for disciplinary purposes if you fail to meet the updated version of the AEP you will lose the privileges to take your laptop home with you and the time period will depend on the extent of the violation. The AEP will have to include things such as at home use and broken, stolen, or lost devices that were administered to the student. if County High School bands together to create a unified responsible student body that is willing to be educated and treat the technology seriously we have a very high success rate as to making 21st century learning work for us.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In a world today where information is at a student’s fingertips it’s still so surprising how little students know about the world around them. It is my professional goal to use my Secondary Education, Social Studies Broad Field degree to become a High School Global Studies teacher with a creative twist. When my future students leave my classroom, I want them to have not only a greater understanding of the world events and cultures at large, but also have a great appreciation of the community culture that surrounds them.... [tags: High school, Culture, Education]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- III. Integrating research and practice During the time spent at the Rowan County Sheriff’s Department, the topic of officer discretion was brought up time and time again. From officers letting speeders off without a ticket or any form of citation, to making a deal with someone who was arrested with drugs and them turning over evidence of a murder that had happened recently. Officer discretion has been a major part of why and how a lot of officers operate when it comes to certain situations. De Lint, (1998) made several suggestions regarding officer discretion in his paper.... [tags: Police, Sheriff, Constable, Coroner]
986 words (2.8 pages)
- Integrating Technology for Better School Security Using new technology for better school security is not always easy because it is difficult to address the correct problem with the right equipment, there also exists economic issues, and mental unrest among staff and students. School safety is an issue that has been concerning this country for many years. With the populations of our schools growing, the crime rates with in them have been as well. The student to staff ratio has greatly increased and there are concerns on how to regulate student behavior as well as crime prevention among students.... [tags: essays papers]
3254 words (9.3 pages)
- Before I even started my internship at Rockingham County High School I drove out to the school. First, so that I knew how to get to the school. Secondly, I was curious about the community around the school. When I look online there doesn’t seem to be much around the school. Yet, when you actually go to the area there is quite a bit. Down the road is an apple farm. On both sides of the high school is the middle school and the elementary school. Then up and down the road before turning into the school lot is a collection of shops and restaurants.... [tags: College, High school, United States, Middle school]
847 words (2.4 pages)
- The Shelby County School system management team is composed of two different divisions: Shelby County Board of Education members and Shelby County Cabinet members. The Board of Education includes nine elected board members, representative of the nine districts within the school system. These board members govern the business operations of schools, district wise. They also hold board meetings, of which SCS supporters, parents, and community members are able to attend and speak on the behalf of their students, their experiences with the school system, and other pressing topics.... [tags: Education, High school, School]
1328 words (3.8 pages)
- The Charleston County School system is a microcosm of different approaches to Kindergarten through 12th grade education. Charleston County has one central school district that governs over the entire county, which includes rural areas such as Johns Island and more metropolitan regions such as Downtown Charleston and the Peninsula area. Different areas call for different approaches to education as different socioeconomic groups favor different methods of teaching. Helping to strengthen urban schools is something that Meeting Street Schools have been doing in South Carolina for since 2008.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, High school]
1606 words (4.6 pages)
- Think back to when you were a high-school freshman and in PE. You look around and realize that many of your classmates are much more athletic than you could ever dream of being. You try your best and don’t want to seem like a quitter. But, you finally realize you just aren’t as wonderful as them and honestly do not enjoy sports at all. All of your friends’ play and your parents have always encouraged you to do well in sports and to be the best. You know there are other opportunities out there for you, but you don’t feel as popular just being satisfactory in school.... [tags: High school, College, High School]
1054 words (3 pages)
- Have you noticed the widespread increase of students coming home with iPads. Kindergarteners all the way through twelfth grade are getting iPads and this is costing the schools a lot. Schools and teachers at first had no idea if this would help the students in all grades or if the teachers integrate them in their lesson plans. The widespread increase of iPads in the school will not only affect the school and the budget but it may affect the students learning performance as well. Even though many school districts provide iPads and computers for students, however, teacher do not always use available technology, and the cost for the districts and access to the Internet for all students is a con... [tags: High school, Teacher, Education]
1511 words (4.3 pages)
- All the graduating classes before you and the upperclassmen all tell you from you first day of high school, enjoy it while it last because it flies by. You never really take that to heart until you’re doing things in high school for the last time. For example, last first day of high school, your last homecoming parade, assembly, dance, last prom, and last time cheering on the football team in negative below weather. While sitting at these last events and activities is when the tears flow, and you really soak in your experiencing high school for the last time.... [tags: High school, School, Basketball]
1181 words (3.4 pages)
- DORIAN: I go to County High School in the middle class suburbs. My high school isn't like the ones on T.V. where most students are gang members. Instead, most people shop at the Mall, drive to school in the morning and then they drive home in the afternoon. You see, in the suburbs almost all students drive; you have to unless you want your dad to drive you when you go on a date. In the halls of my school you hear the sound of lockers closing not the sound of gun fire. (The sound of lockers being shut.) Its just an average school.... [tags: Dialogue Essay]
558 words (1.6 pages)