Over the past few years' schools have been integrating technology into the classroom through new methods, ideas, grants, and personal experience. Not only has it enriched the learning experience as a whole but also it has proven to be effective in motivating and influencing students desires to learn not only in the classroom but outside as well. Through things such as state and federal funding it is possible to make some of these seemingly impossible technological advances come to a small town such as ours. Students from around the country who have already been awarded the privileges of being awarded technology grants said it helped them in five ways. These five ways were that the devices encouraged students to explore topics further, helped to manage time, provided new learning tools, made courses more interesting, and increased their learning. (Woke 1) with out expanding our educational technologies through out the district to include things such as iPads, laptops for every student, and social networking to be used in the classroom will not be preparing its student body for the 21st century.
With out a doubt County High School needs to move to more 21st century, hands on, and learning styles in the classroom. The question is what is the means of doing this and how do we integrate it into what we do now. It is a step by step process but one of the first things we need to do is make sure every kid has a laptop. This is extremely possible because Granville County School in North Carolina passed out 900 lap tops to ever student. (Granville 2) this is a great way to start putting technology into schools while making the parents and students aware. Also to insure quality and respons...
... middle of paper ...
...he social networking cites and access you are able to make a broader spectrum of student to teach communication and student to student communication to discuss ideas. As far as bringing in your own devices it is a great idea because it saves the school money and we can still monitor your Internet access. Also for disciplinary purposes if you fail to meet the updated version of the AEP you will lose the privileges to take your laptop home with you and the time period will depend on the extent of the violation. The AEP will have to include things such as at home use and broken, stolen, or lost devices that were administered to the student. if County High School bands together to create a unified responsible student body that is willing to be educated and treat the technology seriously we have a very high success rate as to making 21st century learning work for us.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Integrating Technology for Better School Security Using new technology for better school security is not always easy because it is difficult to address the correct problem with the right equipment, there also exists economic issues, and mental unrest among staff and students. School safety is an issue that has been concerning this country for many years. With the populations of our schools growing, the crime rates with in them have been as well. The student to staff ratio has greatly increased and there are concerns on how to regulate student behavior as well as crime prevention among students.... [tags: essays papers]
3254 words (9.3 pages)
- The Columbine High School Massacre happened on April 20, 1999. The Shooters were Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, two senior students who wanted to destroy the world they lived in. Their motives: NATURAL SELECTION. KILL all retards, people w/ brain fuck ups, drug adics, people cant figure out to use a fucking lighter. GEEEAWD. people spend millions of dollars on saving the lives of retards, and why. I don't buy that shit like "oh hes my son though!" so the fuck what, he aint normal, kill him, put him out his misery.... [tags: Columbine High School Shootings]
1928 words (5.5 pages)
- High School Dropout Rate Expectations of today’s educational qualifications for high school students are different than it was in the past. It is not uncommon to hear about a student who did not graduate from school. As shown in table 1, 97 students from Stanly County dropped out of school in the 2011- 2012 school year (“Grade 7-13 Dropout Counts and Rates (pdf.62kb)”). Last school year 3.01 percent of North Carolina’s high school students dropped out of school according to the 2011-12 Consolidated Data Report, as a result the total number of students who dropped out of high school in the 2012 year is 13,488.... [tags: graduate, high school students]
2042 words (5.8 pages)
- There are two types of mornings: good and bad. Bad are those that usually occur during the weekends. The dreams are never finished to watch, warm bedding does not want you to go, and a little puppy desires even more attention than ever. To counterbalance it, good mornings are those that allow you to sleep until the midday and let the world wait. However, there was one particular day when everything has changed. I was waiting for my alarm to ring and could not wait to get up to proceed with my preparations for the day.... [tags: High School Graduation]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- Making sure high school seniors are ready for college is a top priority for parents today. The motivation behind parents putting the extra effort to increase their child’s chances of college acceptance is to gain financial assistance to pay for college tuition. The best way to go about this is for a high school senior to score high on the ACT college entrance exam, which is what schools look at when deciding to award scholarships to students and is usually the determining factor for most four-year universities when deciding which students receive acceptance.... [tags: college, high school seniors, ACT,]
849 words (2.4 pages)
- It was the first day of school. I was eager to see most of my friends who I went to middle school with. There was one big thing that struck me; I noticed my friends changed. They started dressed differently, acted differently, changed their hair style, and even started wearing makeup. Since the transition fresh out of middle school and into high school, my friends wanted to look older. The biggest factor that bothered me was how they would conform to look like the sophomores, juniors, and seniors.... [tags: high school, ]
654 words (1.9 pages)
- On a typical Friday night in any town across the country you can hear the band playing the school fight song, cheerleaders cheering at the top of their lungs, parents proudly hoisting homemade posters in support of the team, and the student body feverishly rooting for their friends. Is there anything that can bring a community closer than a Friday night high school football game. As the team comes sprinting onto the field one has to wonder has anyone considered the fact that head injuries, specifically concussions, have become such a danger in this game that is loved so much across America.... [tags: Student Athletes, Injuries, High School]
2392 words (6.8 pages)
- The definition of a high school is a school that, provides children with part or all of their secondary education. It may come after elementary school or middle school and may be followed by higher education like college or vocational training,or military service. The term "high school" originated in Scotland, with the world's oldest being Edinburgh's Royal High School from 1505. The Royal High School was used as an example for the first public high school in the United States, The English High School was founded in Boston, Massachusetts in 1821.... [tags: high school, higher education]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- DORIAN: I go to County High School in the middle class suburbs. My high school isn't like the ones on T.V. where most students are gang members. Instead, most people shop at the Mall, drive to school in the morning and then they drive home in the afternoon. You see, in the suburbs almost all students drive; you have to unless you want your dad to drive you when you go on a date. In the halls of my school you hear the sound of lockers closing not the sound of gun fire. (The sound of lockers being shut.) Its just an average school.... [tags: Dialogue Essay]
558 words (1.6 pages)
- High school is a combat zone. Perhaps incognito, high school is vile in all ways, shapes, and forms. High school is destruction of humanity. From blondes to redheads, and albinos to bronzed beauties, there is no fair play. Manipulation, deceit, lies, and forbidding grades are the fate of these entire helpless quarry. After many devastating centuries, mankind has learned to adapt to this revolution. Fighting for freedom and molding to the staggering state of affairs, students have mastered separation brilliance and competence, creating differences with style, interests, and appetites.... [tags: Posse HS High school groups descriptive Essays]
785 words (2.2 pages)