Over the past few years' schools have been integrating technology into the classroom through new methods, ideas, grants, and personal experience. Not only has it enriched the learning experience as a whole but also it has proven to be effective in motivating and influencing students desires to learn not only in the classroom but outside as well. Through things such as state and federal funding it is possible to make some of these seemingly impossible technological advances come to a small town such as ours. Students from around the country who have already been awarded the privileges of being awarded technology grants said it helped them in five ways. These five ways were that the devices encouraged students to explore topics further, helped to manage time, provided new learning tools, made courses more interesting, and increased their learning. (Woke 1) with out expanding our educational technologies through out the district to include things such as iPads, laptops for every student, and social networking to be used in the classroom will not be preparing its student body for the 21st century.
With out a doubt County High School needs to move to more 21st century, hands on, and learning styles in the classroom. The question is what is the means of doing this and how do we integrate it into what we do now. It is a step by step process but one of the first things we need to do is make sure every kid has a laptop. This is extremely possible because Granville County School in North Carolina passed out 900 lap tops to ever student. (Granville 2) this is a great way to start putting technology into schools while making the parents and students aware. Also to insure quality and respons...
... middle of paper ...
...he social networking cites and access you are able to make a broader spectrum of student to teach communication and student to student communication to discuss ideas. As far as bringing in your own devices it is a great idea because it saves the school money and we can still monitor your Internet access. Also for disciplinary purposes if you fail to meet the updated version of the AEP you will lose the privileges to take your laptop home with you and the time period will depend on the extent of the violation. The AEP will have to include things such as at home use and broken, stolen, or lost devices that were administered to the student. if County High School bands together to create a unified responsible student body that is willing to be educated and treat the technology seriously we have a very high success rate as to making 21st century learning work for us.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... It is my hope that as a Global Studies teacher, I can instill a passion for learning about the world beyond their community. I have been involved in my local communities since moving to Montana in a variety of ways, such as: creating the two time nationally recognized Community Cooking Connections program, doing workshops on how to successfully apply for scholarships, and working for MAPS Media Institute. I created the Community Cooking Connections program in 2007 as a way to help at risk families in my county.... [tags: High school, Culture, Education]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- ... Discretion does not require that an officer have a high level of education, it requires them to be able to think a situation through while making sure the best possible outcome happens. A lieutenant at the Rowan County Sheriffs department discussed how they start their officers out and how iit benefits them in the long run. The Rowan County Sheriff’s Department generally hires their officers out of the Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) class and makes them start out working in the local jail.... [tags: Police, Sheriff, Constable, Coroner]
986 words (2.8 pages)
- Integrating Technology for Better School Security Using new technology for better school security is not always easy because it is difficult to address the correct problem with the right equipment, there also exists economic issues, and mental unrest among staff and students. School safety is an issue that has been concerning this country for many years. With the populations of our schools growing, the crime rates with in them have been as well. The student to staff ratio has greatly increased and there are concerns on how to regulate student behavior as well as crime prevention among students.... [tags: essays papers]
3254 words (9.3 pages)
- ... One of the first resources I found was the Firehouse which is located directly out front of the school. My OSTE and some students have told me that the school and the Firehouse have a program that allows students to leave the school and walk up to the firehouse. Rockingham County relies heavily on volunteer fire fighters. But with seventeen stations facing a shrinking volunteer staff that is why the Rockingham County High School Public Safety Fire Academy was formed. 150 students are enrolled in the academy where they learn about the equipment and techniques necessary to become successful fire fighters.... [tags: College, High school, United States, Middle school]
847 words (2.4 pages)
- ... In order to better understand the strategy, we must first understand the structure. The structure of Shelby County Schools is primarily made up of the Board of Education members. The board is responsible for implementing changes set forth by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board, and for approving district wide changes. The board serves as a liaison between the Shelby County Government and the school system. Once changes are implemented, the board reports those changes via the hierarchical relationship in place.... [tags: Education, High school, School]
1328 words (3.8 pages)
- The Charleston County School system is a microcosm of different approaches to Kindergarten through 12th grade education. Charleston County has one central school district that governs over the entire county, which includes rural areas such as Johns Island and more metropolitan regions such as Downtown Charleston and the Peninsula area. Different areas call for different approaches to education as different socioeconomic groups favor different methods of teaching. Helping to strengthen urban schools is something that Meeting Street Schools have been doing in South Carolina for since 2008.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, High school]
1606 words (4.6 pages)
- ... Parents need to encourage teenagers to finish their homework so that they can excel academically and absorb the material better. If they don’t finish homework, then their grades don’t do as well. Assignments are also important to do well on tests, because it can show that their work pays off. Adolescents should also be learning acceptable study habits and time management. Many children feel like they don’t have the time to do homework between school and sports. This is where time management comes into play.... [tags: High school, College, High School]
1054 words (3 pages)
- ... School districts in the United States have made the students be the responsible ones with their iPads. So whatever happens to the iPad the students will be responsible to report them stolen, damaged, errors within the iPad. In the schools there are teachers that choose to use the new system with the new technology and other that do not. Some teachers still believe that: “computers can help student learn at their own pace, based on what they know rather than on whatever class they are in” (Chandler and Tsukayama 2).... [tags: High school, Teacher, Education]
1511 words (4.3 pages)
- ... I believe that is true, it is my calling that is what I am destined to do. To prepare myself for my future and to double check that is what I loved, I took some measures. I one took class labeled World of Children. This was a curriculum all about the stages of babies, toddlers, young children, and teens. Then second semester we actually got to teach and make lesson plans for one preschooler that we had every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I always loved those days because I would get to see Amarion (which was my child’s name).... [tags: High school, School, Basketball]
1181 words (3.4 pages)
- DORIAN: I go to County High School in the middle class suburbs. My high school isn't like the ones on T.V. where most students are gang members. Instead, most people shop at the Mall, drive to school in the morning and then they drive home in the afternoon. You see, in the suburbs almost all students drive; you have to unless you want your dad to drive you when you go on a date. In the halls of my school you hear the sound of lockers closing not the sound of gun fire. (The sound of lockers being shut.) Its just an average school.... [tags: Dialogue Essay]
558 words (1.6 pages)