The Integrated Marketing Communication is certainly the best answer to the change caused by the development of the digital era. The touch points and the communication arrangements have increased in recent years. Therefore, a clear understanding of who the brand’s target audience is, where it is and how it can be reached, has become more than ever indispensable. The brand I will be working on in this project is Coca-Cola or simply Coke. With an IMC plan, I will be trying to improve the online presence of the brand.
Coca-Cola is considered as a leader in producing soft drink in the world. It stands in the position of the most popular soft drink with a tremendous number of consumers promoting its growth. As of today, Coca Cola is almost everywhere on the planet as it is being sold in over 200 countries. The beverages that are being provided by the company include sparkling beverages, juices, juice drinks, ready-to-drink teas and coffees. Its products are being consumed by more than 1.7 billion customers daily (thecoca-colacompany.com, 2014).
Coke, Diet coke, Fanta, Sprite, Coca-Cola Zero, Minute Maid, Simply, and Powerade are some of products made by Coca-Cola.
Integrated Marketing Communication is based on the knowledge of the target market to find the most coordinated use of various touch points with consumers. Because the need for integrated marketing communication has become very important with the development of the Internet in communication as this media has broken the traditional boundaries of the different marketing areas. Although the company already uses the advertising method, my focus in this paper will pretty much be how to improve Coca-Cola online presence.
... middle of paper ...
...soft drinks with promotional offers to attract the consumers across the world. One way of offering promotional packages is by providing reward offers or discount coupons. Another approach to use promotional offers is in the form of discounted price during special occasions. For example, during Ramadan, Coca Cola offers discount on the purchase of its soft drinks.
• Public Relations (PR)
Coca Cola also uses the marketing communication tool of event marketing by sponsoring sports events such as world cup, Olympics and social events such as concerts. By using this strategy they can target large audience in short time duration. Major sports events such as world cup and Olympics are viewed all over the world. It offers an excellent opportunity for effective marketing. T.V events such as American Idol have been used as a means of marketing communication tool for coke zero.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- International Marketing Integrated marketing communication (IMC) is an approach used by organisation to brand communications where different factors coordinate to create a seamless experience for the customers and are expressed with similar tone and style that reinforce the brand’s core message. Integrated marketing communication campaign leads to the total marketing communication strategy aimed at building strong customer relationship by showing how company’s product can satisfy customer needs ( Kotler et al.).... [tags: international marketing and advertising]
2253 words (6.4 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Over the last decade, product marketing and ways through which communication takes place between manufacturers and consumers has changed tremendously (Belch & Belch 2004). Due to the technological revolutions and the rise of innovations such as the mobile phones and the internet, control over information has shifted apparently from the manufacturer's hands to the hands of consumers (Belch & Belch 2004). The market environment has also changed due to globalization of marketing strategies, loss of confidence in media advertising, increased reliance on targeted communication methods, and media fragmentation and so on (Belch & Belch 2004).... [tags: Integrated Marketing Communications]
1730 words (4.9 pages)
- Typical advertising methods of television and radio ads no longer provide the same results as they did in the past, requiring businesses to analyze and make changes to their integrated marketing communications (IMC) strategy in order to stay relevant. Consumers, once forced to be passive message recipients and receive unfiltered messages are no longer being controlled by the content producers (Belch & Belch, 2015). Ad firms and the companies they work for have had to respond to changes in the market by using various marketing tools and a new approach to IMC to reach their target audiences.... [tags: Advertising, Marketing, Business, Google]
712 words (2 pages)
- The marketing concept explores the idea that the best way for companies to make long-term profit is to provide value to a defined group of consumers better than their competitors do (Baker, 2001). Using observations of their marketing decisions and activities, this essay will identify and evaluate how the company Coca Cola Limited has applied the marketing concept to their product, Coke. Whilst Coca Cola Limited uses many marketing strategies, this essay will specifically reference the products from the “Share a Coke” campaign.... [tags: Marketing, Market segmentation, Coca-Cola]
1224 words (3.5 pages)
- Technology is everywhere. From the first pot of coffee to setting our alarm clocks for the next day, it permeates every moment of our waking lives and, in many cases, becomes a deeply personal part of our day. Social media has only deepened this link into our personal space, and this fact of modern day life has not been lost on marketing experts. As such, they increasingly target social media to communicate their offerings to the public. As different as this frontier is from the traditional avenues of print, television, and radio, some believe that a different message will work better in social media than in other marketing communication channels.... [tags: marketing/business strategies/tools]
1647 words (4.7 pages)
- Coca-Cola had emerged from a period of turmoil in 2005, sales were falling and there was limited synergy across international marketing efforts for the brand, which lead to inefficient usage of their resources and media budget. To correct this, a new leadership team was instilled with a renewed focus on strategized global marketing efforts and content creation. Specifically, a new team would be created out of the corporate headquarters in Atlanta to create synergy between the global and local positioning of the Coke brand by creating and locating content marketing campaigns that had potential global appeal.... [tags: Advertising, Coca-Cola, Carbonation, Marketing]
1059 words (3 pages)
- Executive Summary The following report presents an Integrated Marketing Plan for Nokia in the UK. The plan deals with media planning, segmentation, strategic and tactic planning of IMC, evaluation and such. The main aim of this plan is to expand Nokia’s consumer base, establish Nokia’s brand values and position it among the target audience, and also communicate the brand values with customers effectively, while simultaneously influencing sales to grow. This plan is created to ensure maximum effectiveness in Nokia’s marketing approach.... [tags: business analysis, marketing strategies]
2889 words (8.3 pages)
- Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) is a communications process that entails the planning, creation, integration and implementation of diverse forms of marketing communications (advertisements, sales promotions, publicity releases, events, etc) that are delivered over time to a brands targeted customers and prospects. The goal of IMC is ultimately to influence or directly affect the behaviour of the targeted audience. IMC considers all sources of contact that a customer / prospect has with the brand as potential delivery channels for messages and makes use of all communications methods that are relevant to customers /prospects and to which they might be receptive.... [tags: Business Marketing Essays]
2298 words (6.6 pages)
- Executive Summary This project is about the Coca-Cola Company and one of the Coca-Cola Company’s products according to the marketing project. In this project I have studies the different type of marketing techniques that used by the company for identify the need, wants and demand of the product which supplies to the people and how company developing the customer oriented marketing strategies. I also study, how Coca-Cola Company have done segmentation, target marketing and positioning of their product.... [tags: Coca-Cola Marketing Essays]
1631 words (4.7 pages)
- Integrated Marketing Communications INTEGRATED MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS (IMC) Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) .The concept under which a company carefully integrates coordinates its many communications channels to deliver a clear, consistent, and compelling message about the organization and its products. IMC starts with the identification of consumer needs. IMC builds a strong brand identity in the market-place by tying together and reinforcing all your images and messages. IMC means that all your corporate messages, positioning and images, and identity are coordinated across all [marketing communications] venues.... [tags: Business Strategy IMC]
1734 words (5 pages)
- The Attack On Pearl Harbor
- Askew Kabala & Company, Inc.
- Why The Pass Fail Grading System
- Business Research And Analysis : Amazon.com, Cheap And Survive?
- Understanding The Blessing Christ Encaustic Of Saint Catherine, Mount Sinai, Egypt And The Age Of Suleiman
- The Teacher Led Activity And The Enclosed Nature