The control and monitor of accurate and reliable measurement of temperature is necessary in various fields such as industrial , environmental, agriculture , food, biotechnology and clinical sectors etc. furthermore, research labs, clean rooms, and nuclear reactors are the environments which require continuous temperature monitoring a due to their highly dependence on temperature levels. The role of sensors and the errors which may affect the measurement of temperature are critical for temperature measuring devices. The sensor choice may play a large role in on the cost effectiveness of the system. Every temperature measurement application is according to their different requirements and the effect of noise on the resolution is necessary to be considered. Noise issues and presence of errors are more critical from design point of view and selection of type of sensors.
Different ways of measurement of temperature are available such as resistance temperature detectors, integrated circuit sensors, infrared sensors, liquid n gas thermometers, gas thermometers, thermocouples, thermostats, thermostat etc. In this report the integrated circuit using LM35 temperature sensor temperature sensing method is described due to important advantage over other sensor types such as low cost, high accuracy, linear output signal, small size, calibration, reliability, and low power consumption.
Types of Temperature sensors:
The most commonly used type of temperature sensors detects heat or temperature. These types of temperature sensors vary from simple thermostat devices, which are used to control the domestic water heating system, to highly sensitive semiconductor types which are used to monitor and control the compl...
... middle of paper ...
They are liquid expansion devices for temperature measurement. Liquid may be mercury or alcohol. Expansion coefficient of alcohol is more. Mercury device has certain limitations for safely transportation and shipping. Mercury is considered as environmental contaminant, so breakage of thermometer is hazardous.
Infrared sensors are non-contacting type of sensors. For example, if we hold up a typical infrared sensor to the front of our desk without contact, sensor will tell us the temperature of desk due to its radiation... in non-contacting measurement of ice water, it will measure slightly lower the expected temperature reading .
 [Online]. Available: http://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/io/io_3.html.
 [Online]. Available: http://www.wwdmag.com/water/seven-basic-types-temperature-sensors.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Climate change is one of the most prominent problems facing mankind in the 21st century and remote sensing through space based observation has come to play a more and more important role in the study of climate change since its inception (Cracknell and Varatsos, 2011; Navalgund and Singh, 2011.). Cracknell and Varatsos (2011) says there are two reasons as to why remote sensing plays a vital role in the study of climate change, namely the huge coverage the data provides in terms area which allows studies at a local, regional or global scale and also the temporal coverage of this data as there are now libraries of data covering several decades available.... [tags: Remote Sensing, Modern Dilemmas]
1370 words (3.9 pages)
- Applications of remote sensing using machine learning: Remote sensing of water: As water is very precious and important in the earths ecosystem it is important to study about the water. With the use of remotely sensing methods oceanographer, other environmental and marine researchers studying all the effects through examining the big areas. Images clicked by the satellites of NASA are used to remote sense the ocean to find out the chlorophyll levels and surface temperature, these images are also useful for the costal mapping and lake remote sensing.... [tags: Water, Oxygen, Machine learning, Ocean]
1201 words (3.4 pages)
- Microbial world frequently face abrupt changes in the surrounding environment. For the survival in such a dynamic environment, it is advantageous to take decision of future action in advance at the population level. Bacteria do so by a phenomenon called quorum sensing (QS), which is sensing the presence of other bacteria in surrounding environment, and taking the decision at a certain threshold cell density. In QS active state, bacteria induces certain set of target genes at population level. QS among bacteria is mediated by autoinducers (AIs), whose concentration is a function of cell density, and above a certain concentration of cells AI mediate QS.... [tags: acyl homoserine, bacteria, microbial world]
915 words (2.6 pages)
- For the duration of the assigned observations took place at the Sixth Judicial Circuit of Florida which serves the residents of Pinellas and Pasco County of the Tampa Bay area. The circuit is composed of a joint county and circuit court for the two jurisdictions and offers a variety of services in nine distinct court divisions. These divisions include appellate, criminal, family, and probate and guardianship in the circuit court, and civil, criminal, traffic and small claims in the county court.... [tags: Criminal law, Crime, Circuit court]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Closed circuit television (CCTV) is a method of situational crime prevention, primarily focussing on the criminal offence, as opposed to the offender. CCTV is based upon the principles of the classicist theory of rational offenders. Before committing a crime a rational offender is thought to question themselves about whether they will succeed and whether they will get caught. If an offender believes they are likely to be caught, they are less likely to follow through with committing the crime. CCTV intends to create a higher risk of offenders being caught and therefore reduce the opportunity for offences to occur (Coleman & Norris, 2000).... [tags: Crime, Criminology, Closed-circuit television]
1112 words (3.2 pages)
- ... Bovie in the 1920s, where a spark gap generator was used to build the first electrosurgery tool, commonly known as RF knife or ‘‘Bovie’’ . In the 1950s, the first bipolar unit was built by Dr. Leonard Malis, wherein two electrodes were used for gripping and manipulating the tissue. The use of ultrasonic energy in medicine has been reported as early as 1960, where it was used to treat Meniere’s disease. It was also used for cutting and coagulation of tissue in the late 1980s when Amaral  popularized the technique and used it successfully in more than 200 surgeries.... [tags: coagulation, electric circuit, laparoscopic]
1242 words (3.5 pages)
- Sensing Project Project brief A new greenhouse is being developed for gardeners who are concerned about overheating plants in their current greenhouses. The new greenhouse has been built with opening windows but occasionally the windows of the greenhouse slips fully open and allow all of the trapped heat in the greenhouse to escape quickly. This is a major concern for serious gardeners. The test is to develop a sensing circuit that will sense whether the windows are fully open, so a gardener can be alerted of the problem.... [tags: Papers]
1522 words (4.3 pages)
- IMPACT OF THE AGENTS ON FOOD PRODUCTION BASED ON THE DATA MEASURED BY USING REMOTE SENSING SYSTEM Water is a key to organizing all creature’s life and is important in many land surface disciplines such as agriculture, hydrology and environmental science . Especially, soil moisture is vital of importance to plant in order to maintain its life processes biologically. Water constitutes 80 to 90 % of the fresh weight of most herbaceous plant parts and more than 50 % of the fresh weight of woody plants.... [tags: Agriculture, Irrigation, Water, Deficit irrigation]
896 words (2.6 pages)
- Remote Sensing Audience #1 is a group of high school students being introduced to the term for the first time. Have you ever seen the film Enemy of the State. How about The Bourne Identity, or any recent James Bond movie. All of these movies have something in common: they use striking graphics in the form of maps or satellite pictures – all the product of remote sensing. Remote sensing is a method by which scientists gather information about the surface of the earth from a distance. Remote Sensing can be traced back as far as the 1860s, and has since developed into the primary method of data gathering from the earth’s surface.... [tags: Mapping]
1581 words (4.5 pages)
- Circuits, what is up with that. First you need to understand how all the parts of a circuit relate. The main thing that a circuit has is conductance and that all the parts are conductors. Conductors are materials in which electric charges move freely. If the material isn't a conductor, it is either a insulator or a semiconductor. Conductors are mainly metalic substances such as copper, aluminum, and gold. Conductors allow a charge to build up and move "freely" through the conductor. When dealing with circuits and the moving of electrons, free movement at the moment is the best movement.... [tags: electronics circuit board]
1569 words (4.5 pages)