Methods for setting up the wireless router
When it comes to setting up the router, you have to consider some important and essential things. In fact, there are two methods that are available for setting up and configuring the routers in the most effective manner and they are as follows.
Setting up the router by using the setup software
Configure it manually without setup software
Let’s see the way to set up the router using the software initially
Set up the router with software
First and foremost, you have to connect the wireless router to your modem with the help of the Ethernet cable.
After that, you can connect the wireless router to the power source. You need to click the network icon that is available on the computer screen.
Now, you have to choose your wireless network from the list of available networks. Normally, your wireless network name is definitely the name of the router manufacturer in default.
In this manner, you can set up the router in your Personal computer easily. Of course, it is also possible to set up the router with the help of the setup software and that procedure is provided as f...
... middle of paper ...
...s, you can search over the internet to find the default username and password for your router model.
When you have provided the right details, you can enter into the router setup page, where you can configure the router as you want. In this manner, you can setup your router in the well effective manner.
According to 192168ll.net one of the important things you have to consider while configuring the router is the IP address. If you do not know the actual IP address, you can use the 192.168.1.1. As the way, this IP address and it is used as the gateway IP address for most of the routers like Linksys. In some cases, it is also used by the broadband routers. Of course, the network administrators have used this IP address for setting up the new router or updating the settings for the existing router. In this way, this 192.168.1.1 IP address is used for different purposes.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Owning a desktop PC can be a rewarding experience that is long-lasting. Many PC users do not know how to perform their own hardware upgrades and repairs. Users can increase the lifespan and performance of their desktop PC with simple hardware upgrades. It requires a small amount of knowledge to be capable of upgrading many of the key components inside of a computer. A large portion of users are scared of opening a PC to perform a repair or upgrade. Computer upgrades are usually very simple, and there is very little to be scared of.... [tags: Computing]
1195 words (3.4 pages)
- It is a simple question to ask, ‘Why computer viruses are constructed and Its effects on computer users. Therefore, the answers are argumentatively acknowledged by the different authors and explanations of the consequences in causing computer viruses. Because it is a huge problem in today’s world. The paragraphs are mainly focused in four areas, the causes of computer viruses, the economic impacts on government intelligence nuclear, also stealing sensitive information. These are all critically affected by computer viruses or malware.... [tags: Computer virus, Malware, Spyware]
1245 words (3.6 pages)
- Multi-platform computer worms are a tool that computer hackers use to infect computers to gain control access. Computer worms are a dangerous virus because they are self-replicating, meaning that they multiply themselves and spread onto other computer networks seeking a lapse in internet security. Computer worms do not need to attach themselves onto an existing computer program to gain access to the victim computer files. The computer worm was created on accident by a Cornell student named Robert Morris; he was seeking a way of managing the internet in 1988.... [tags: Computer Hackers]
1873 words (5.4 pages)
- Every problem encountered by the firm has an equivalent solution, with the exception of power outage which cannot be controlled by the firm or its owner. In order to address the problem with poor internet connection the owner first identifies what causes the problem with the connection, this can be various things, as previously stated, such as faulty wiring, loose cable connections and modem errors. If the problem seems easy to handle then the owner find ways to fix it himself, if not, the internet provider is called, similar to if there are regular occurrences of a certain problem and if the problem arises with the internet connection itself.... [tags: Computer Software, Hackers, Computer Virus]
1923 words (5.5 pages)
- These days being computer literate is more important than it ever has been in the last few years that computers have been around. Almost everything is becoming computer reliant and there are several businesses that have embraced technology. Computer literacy isn’t something that you can easily escape, and honestly you shouldn’t try to. Humans are all about adapting and computers are just one more thing we all have to learn to adapt to. Unfortunately, everyone doesn’t understand that so it’s vital to understand the importance of being computer literate.... [tags: Literacy, Multimedia literacy, Computer literacy]
1120 words (3.2 pages)
- The invention of the Internet has been an absolute game changer in the world of business. We live in the information age or era of big data. So how do businesses utilize endless pages of compiled data in an effective way to make crucial business decisions. The tool used to make sense of the data businesses use is called a database. A database, to put it simply, is a structured set of data held in a computer. Databases allow us to store huge amounts of information, and they grant us access to all information almost instantly constructed well.... [tags: Computer, Database, Computer software]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- Installing Windows Starting an Internet connection and establishing an email account is a long, hard process. It is not as difficult as designing a web page or starting your own web browser, but it is a difficulty within itself. It is specifically difficult with computers equipped with the Windows ’98 software. I will explain the process of logging onto the Internet and establishing an email account. In order to begin the task of a dial-up, you must first establish a configuration. This process is begun by right clicking on the “Start” button at the bottom left of your task bar.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- Computer Problems that Drive you Crazy Steve, looking disheveled, calmly rises from his chair at the computer desk, while pausing a moment to push the chair in before he leaves the room. Shortly after, he returns with the biggest sledge hammer he could find, and uncontrollably starts smashing the hell out of his computer. He starts to break a sweat before he stops as his arms can no longer lift the sledge hammer. However, by now, all that’s left is particles the size of wood chips. This scenario actually occurring is unlikely, but most people have had similar thoughts and urges.... [tags: Computer Technology Problems]
1277 words (3.6 pages)
- This paper is going to be on the different security threats on the internet, and the different ways to prevent and protect yourself from them. The different threats that are going to be covered are viruses, trojan horses, hackers, spam, corrupt IP packets, port scanner attacks, DOS(denial of service) attacks, spider attacks, worms and socail attacks. Also, I will cover different security practices and computer software and hardware that can help protect and prevent these different attacks on your computer, or network.... [tags: Internet Security ]
1607 words (4.6 pages)
- Internet Explorer 7 has undergone many significant changes since the introduction of IE6 in 2003 with Windows XP. From its completely different layout to the addition of RSS, IE7 has undergone an extensive overhaul that some say will allow it to dominate over the new version of Firefox. Although the new version is set to be released with Windows Vista early next year it still has several bugs that needs to be addressed by Microsoft before its release. From the new version of IE7 come many aesthetic differences from IE6.... [tags: Internet Browser ]
940 words (2.7 pages)