... middle of paper ...
...can be really immature with what they have seen because they do not know how to process things the way adults do. Steven Spielberg has managed to water down things made for adults and make them better suited for teenagers. He keeps in mind that they are still children. Steven inspires teenagers everywhere when his movies premiere on the big screen and you are captivated by his artistic abilities.
Parish, James Robert. "Movies As A Way Of Life." Steven Spielberg, filmmaker. New York: Ferguson, 2004. 5-26. Print.
Powers, Tom. "The Weird Skinny Kid." Steven Spielberg: master storyteller. Minneapolis, [Minn.: Lerner Publications Co., 1997. 13-49. Print.
Spielberg, Steven, Lester D. Friedman, and Brent Notbohm. "At Sea With Spielberg." Steven Spielberg: interviews. Jackson: University Press of Mississippi, 2000. 5-105. Print.
MLA formatting by BibMe.org.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Amistad, directed by Steven Spielberg, portrays the plight of a group of African natives who are forcibly and illegally enslaved, take control of their ship, La Amistad, and the ensuing American legal battle. The movie, which was based on a book which was based on a historical event, remains relatively close to the truth and is an accurate representation of the anti-African resentment, abolitionist movement, and tedious court systems of early 19th century America. As the movie progressed, different philosophical views and opinions on slavery and equality began to shine through and were noticeable as part of the movie’s main theme.... [tags: film analysis, steven spielberg]
972 words (2.8 pages)
- Jaws (1975), directed by Steven Spielberg, is considered to be the first “blockbuster” film ever created. A blockbuster in film is defined as a motion picture or novel, especially one lavishly produced that has or is expected to have wide popular appeal or financial success. Jaws came out on June 20, 1975. Bill Higgins states in his article, “Jaws ' place in Hollywood blockbuster history was cemented in the summer of 1975 when it was No. 1 at the box office for 14 consecutive weeks en route to making history as the first film to gross more than $100 million” (Higgins).... [tags: Jaws, Steven Spielberg, Film, Blockbuster]
1039 words (3 pages)
- Saving Private Ryan was directed by Steven Spielberg in 1998. It was written by Robert Rodat, who was inspired to write a script based on a monument he had visited which was dedicated to four brothers from the American Civil War. Some famous actors star in the film including Tom Hanks, Matt Damon, Vin Diesel and Tom Sizemore. I think Saving Private Ryan is very emotional and has a great effect on the audience. This is because of all the action and emotions that the soldiers are going through in the battle, and it also shows what really happened in the .... [tags: Saving Private Ryan, Steven Spielberg, ]
1193 words (3.4 pages)
- ‘Saving Private Ryan’ a joint production from Paramount and DreamWorks pictures, directed by the superb Steven Spielberg, was awarded four academy awards for this film alone, in addition to winning an Oscar for best director of the year 1999. The star studded cast including Tom Hanks, as Captain Miller and Matt Damon, as Private Ryan turned out to be one of the best war films ever made. Spielberg’s idea of the movie was to create a chaotic war film that actually made the audience feel they were involved with all the confusion going on during WWII.... [tags: Saving Private Ryan, Steven Spielberg, films, mili]
576 words (1.6 pages)
- Steven Spielberg is today a major and successful American film director and producer. Spielberg has directed and been apart of numerous well-known movies and worked with highly respected actors and actresses. As well, Spielberg shows he is committed, especially in Hollywood because he has been married to his wife over 20 years. Steven Spielberg is an influential American because he has changed the film industry, he has been very successful with movies, and he is gracious with his opportunities. Life before filmmaking, Steven Spielberg’s family gave him nothing but support in following his dreams.... [tags: Steven Spielberg, American Film Director, Producer]
1400 words (4 pages)
- Steven Spielberg's Schindler's List Schindler's List, the award winning film directed by Steven Spielberg, is becoming a significant teaching tool in high schools across the nation. Spielberg himself explained why in the Foreword to the study guide Facing History prepared through a grant from his production company, Amblin Entertainment, and Universal Films. He wrote: There are far too many places where hate, intolerance, and genocide still exist.... [tags: Spielberg Schindler's List Movie Film]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- Suspense in Steven Spielberg's Movie Jaws Steven Spielberg, the creator of Jaws, uses many different techniques to draw in the suspense of viewers and to capture their imagination. These techniques include special effects – to create tension, different camera angles – to show facial expressions and group shots. The classic Jaws music, known by millions of people, also helps build up tension, to let us know when the shark is approaching. He uses colours, so that we can associate signs and symbols to forthcoming events, e.g.... [tags: Movie Film Suspense Spielberg Jaws Essays]
2836 words (8.1 pages)
- Steven Spielberg It is hard to imagine a person who has not heard of Steven Spielberg. He is one of the most renown, if not the most renown, American filmmakers of the century. His films have captivated and helped develop imaginations of contemporary society and remain among the most successful films ever made. Spielberg was born in Cincinnati on December 18th, 1946. His father was an electrical engineer, and his mother a concert pianist. Steven seemed to get the best elements from both of them.... [tags: essays papers]
1488 words (4.3 pages)
- Steven Spielberg Steven Spielberg is an American motion-picture director, producer and executive, who has achieved great commercial success and is among the most popular film-makers of the late 20th Century. Spielberg made his first film at the age of 12. In 1969, his short film “Amblin” came to the attention of Universal Pictures and he signed a seven-year contract with them. His earliest commercial efforts were television movies, which included the f m “Duel” made in 1971, and which gained him wider recognition.... [tags: Essays Papers]
398 words (1.1 pages)
- How Steven Spielburg had effect on other directors. He has been writing movies and screenplays since he was 10 years old. Many other directors only start writing when they go into college or many even high schools. However, this is why Steven is so different compared to the other directors of his time. Steven was born in Cincinnati, Ohio, on December 18,1947. He was raised in the suburbs of Haddonfield, New Jersey and Scottsdale, Arizona. He went to California State University in Long Branch. He’s married to Kate Capshaw.... [tags: essays research papers]
865 words (2.5 pages)