In this week’s Inside the War Room we take a look at a matchup that could determine the Big Ten championship this weekend, a sleeper prospect at the quarterback position, and how the 49ers might address one of their biggest needs this offseason.
Matchup of the Week
Championship weekend offers several interesting matchups including North Carolina vs. Clemson, and Stanford vs. USC. However, the most interesting matchup of the weekend is Iowa against Michigan State. The biggest battle in this game when it comes to draft prospects is Iowa cornerback Desmond King going up against Michigan State wide receiver Aaron Burbridge, and quarterback Connor Cook.
King is widely considered one of the top defensive backs in the Big Ten having won the Tatum-Woodson award earlier this week which goes to the top defensive back in the conference. King is having an outstanding season this year having recorded eight picks, and has held up against some of the top quarterbacks in the 2016 Draft class including Nate Sudfeld of Indiana who only completed 43% of his passes for 180 yards in their matchup this year.
This weekend King will have his toughest test of the year though going up against Connor Cook, and Aaron Burbridge. Cook is one of the top quarterbacks in this year’s senior class, and is currently the second highest rated senior quarterback on Inside the War Room’s Draft Board. Burbridge is a prospect who exploded onto the scene this year catching 75 passes for 1,158 yards after only recording 80 receptions for 916 yards in his previous three seasons at Michigan State.
Overall, I expect Michigan State to get the best of this matchup as the Spartans have too many weapons in this game for Io...
... middle of paper ...
...nly played in three games this year. While Clement has asked the NFL for an evaluation for where he would go in the draft, expect him to get lower then a third round grade which means he will likely return to Wisconsin.
Demarcus Robinson Wide Receiver Florida
Robinson is another player who was suspended last weekend. This marks the fourth time Robinson has been suspended while at Florida which is a definitely a concerning number for scouts. While Robinson does have the talent to play at the next level, if he does not start making better choices look for him to struggle to catch on with an NFL club.
Devontae Booker Running Back Utah
Booker is a player who has produced on the field this year rushing for 1,267 yards and 11 touchdowns. Unfortunately, he will miss the remainder of the season with a torn meniscus that will require him to miss the remainder of the year.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Chess in the Cold War How did Cold War tensions affect the 1972 World Chess Championship. Section A: Plan of the Investigation Through much of the 20th Century, the Cold War (mid 1940’s – early 1990’s) created a state of tension between the United States and the Soviet Union. This tension was sustained through various fronts, such as the nuclear arms race, the space race, and political and military conflicts. This investigation assesses these Cold War tensions as perpetuated in the world of chess.... [tags: World Chess Championships, Cold War Effects]
1444 words (4.1 pages)
- The damage inflicted on Europe during World War I was dire and left Europe in a state of chaos. Consequently, post-war peace settlements were complicated, but were necessary in order to end the period of disorder. World War I concluded on November 1918, when Germany agreed to an armistice. At the end of the war, European leaders realized that their reasons for initially engaging in the war had not been worth it. Countries were torn apart, as established dynasties had fallen during the war and new states were attempting to rise up.... [tags: post war peace, peace conference, lloyd george]
1580 words (4.5 pages)
- “The brown current ran swiftly out of the heart of darkness, bearing us down towards the sea with twice the speed of our upward progress; and Kurtz’s life was running swiftly, too, ebbing, ebbing out of his heart into the sea of inexorable time. . . ." Joseph Conrad- Heart of Darkness Introduction The aim of this paper is to analyze the General Act of the Berlin Conference on West Africa (1884-1885) and the partition of Africa among the main European powers, considering its importance for the construction of Europe.... [tags: The Conference of Berlin]
2373 words (6.8 pages)
- Today, it is very difficult to have a new great power war. I do not believe that World War III is inevitable because the world is economically interdependent and the world has advanced far too much technologically. Being that China is the largest trading nation in the world, it plays a vital role in international trade, thus would not ignite a new great power war. Putin is a Russian nationalist, who believes in a powerful Stalinist country. His goal is to reverse the dissolution of the Soviet state.... [tags: World War II, League of Nations, Cold War]
1218 words (3.5 pages)
- The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) has been elevating the level of adrenaline for a long time now. The tournament spawned back in 1993, and it 's truly becoming a national trademark in the States, just like wrestling. It has become significantly bigger in the past few years, with amazing contestants like Ronda Rousey and Conor McGregor. The latter is only 28 and he has quickly become the face of UFC with his incredible performances and personality. All of those reasons led me to try the new UFC 2 game, and I have to add that I wasn 't experienced in games like this one.... [tags: Mixed martial arts, Ultimate Fighting Championship]
785 words (2.2 pages)
- The ESRI International User Conference 2010 is considered one of the largest Geographic Information System (GIS) conferences in the world, with more than 134 countries and over 6,000 organizations whose staff attended the conference. This was ESRI 30th International User conference. During the user conference, ESRI introduced newly released ArcGIS 10 software and provided training seminars for various ESRI software applications and GIS concepts. The ESRI training and white paper presentation topics included: • ArcGIS Desktop Programming 10 • ArcServer and ArcGIS Configuration 10 • Cartography • Cloud Computing • Data Integration • Geocoding • Geodatabase Architecture • Geodatabase Theory... [tags: Conference Analysis]
1497 words (4.3 pages)
- From the first two national champions, Rutgers and Princeton, to last year’s debateable Auburn national championship winning team, college football has always had difficulties deciding national champions. The BCS National Championship game was thought to give a less prejudice opinion on which teams play in the championship game than humans did. However, it has stimulated more controversy in college sports than Cal-Stanford “The Play.” The problem with the BCS teams is, it chooses two teams that are based on profit, popularity, and record.... [tags: playoff system, college football, team]
618 words (1.8 pages)
- The Casablanca Conference was a meeting between Allied leaders to decide the next step in World War II. The main leaders of the meeting were Franklin D. Roosevelt, President of the United States, and Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. Joseph Stalin, the leader of Russia, was invited, but declined to attend due to inner governmental issues. The Conference took place from January 12th through January 23rd, 1942. The conference took place at Casablanca, Morocco following the Allied liberation of French North Africa from the Axis Powers.... [tags: World War II, Allies of World War II, Axis powers]
1578 words (4.5 pages)
- The biggest topic around college football today is the very controversial and complicated Bowl Championship Series or B.C.S. Equations used in the Bowl Championship Series will determine teams fates throughout the entire 1998-99 college football season. Some people feel a playoff should be in order or college football should go back to its old Bowl Alliance system. To better understand this situation you must dig deep into what the Bowl Championship Series is and how the teams that will participate in it be determined.... [tags: Papers]
1932 words (5.5 pages)
- It has been almost a century since the first Paris Peace Conference was hold, but even until now, it is a popular yet also controversial event in the history of the world. The Paris Peace Conference took place in 1919 involving more than 1,000 representatives from over 30 nations. The results of the Conference are five treaties regarding terms that, according to the Conference, shall prevent any upcoming conflicts among nations. Although World War II started only after 15 years, nonetheless, the treaties did function as a buffer between countries.... [tags: World War II WWII WW2]
739 words (2.1 pages)