Instead of one simple reaction icon "like", recently, Facebook has launched one of the most controversial features: six other icons including "love, heart, happy, surprise, angry and cry". This allows Facebook users to share diverse reactions on what they see and feel. It is also an endless source of insights for writers, marketers, and consumer analysts to observe and analyze social trends. However, Facebook is just an example. We are now in the era when social networking changes day to day, affects deeply to almost every aspect of the way we think and live. That is why it is essential to predict these changes in the future in order to easily adapt and manage. In the next five year, one of the changes that I can foresee is the shifting from ordinary professional platforms like working offices, online working software applications or working portfolio to social networking for a better way of tracking, communicating and self-promoting.
According to a statistic website about the social network, there are more than one billion and seventy users worldwide for all network sites. Over the last 8 year, social networking has continued to flourish. Like the coin always has two sides, this trend comes in both terms of advantage and disadvantages. Some companies and organizations now have their policies and communication guidelines to avoid employees being distracted or having any circumstances of unnecessary social conflict. However, we can exploit from these negative effects by creating a working social network site. It can be linked to other prevailing sites such as Facebook or Twitter…and the idea behind is to establish an interface that allows people to check and track on bot...
... middle of paper ...
...mple for this would be Twitter. If you do not fill out all of your profile such as pictures, contacts or biography, you may lose chances to attract more followers and therefore, you are being considered as a not-socialized person. Another example would be Linkedin, where recruiters will look up into your profile before deciding whether they should hire you or not. As a result, in the future, with more advanced technology and online features, social networking will be the best place for people to promote themselves professionally or on the other hand, easier to recruit talents for their companies.
Never has anytime when we can witness the huge impact from information and technology advances, especially social networking to our life. By nurturing and fostering an effective channel like social networking, I am getting more hope for a better future for us, human being.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The global economy exists in a state of flux. Throughout man’s fabrication of financial systems, industries, and infrastructures we find ourselves in an artificial juxtaposition. How do we as a species move forward. How do we solve complex issues, provide for our needs and wants, and discover our journeys as individuals when we must responsibly acknowledge our increasingly depleting resources, rising temperatures, and overwhelming access to information. Simply put–we use our proficiency and craft in order to change the systems that currently threaten us the most.... [tags: Strategic management, Management]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- Over the last decade, we have witnessed technology develop from being something we were just becoming familiar with and slowly embracing, to what it has become now. Contemporary people now have a dependence on being able to communicate with our friends and colleagues wherever and whenever we need to, being able to access and share media on any device, and being able to work on the go and collaborate your ideas and documents with people across the globe. Technology has become truly invaluable to the modern world, and without it the world would suffer from drastic social and economic consequences.... [tags: Technology]
1285 words (3.7 pages)
- The Internet is progressively developing and becoming an indispensable part of human life. People are likely to access information and news through the Internet, especially social media, more than traditional media like T.V, newspapers, magazines, or radio. Therefore, many business organizations take advantage of this trend to reach their customers more effectively and conduct their domestically and internationally commercial activities more easily. With the global and collaborative characteristics, social media technologies not only can help maintain relationships with customers and communication between internal employees, but also can support the product innovation and decision-making.... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Marketing strategy]
1450 words (4.1 pages)
- Adult learners are different than youth learners because they understand why is important for them to learn and they can integrate new information with past experiences enhancing the process and overcoming barriers like fears or behaviors. In this century higher education is occurring through internet too, by online courses that led the student to a diploma of the same value as the traditional one. Adult learners enrolling in online courses are increasing year after year and more traditional institutions are starting to use online education as a method to get new students.... [tags: internet, education]
1225 words (3.5 pages)
- The idea of a national community is an idea that is changing as we as members of this national community change as well. Technology continues to become more advanced and is affecting the way people choose to live their lives. The definition of a community is “a social group of any size whose members reside in a specific locality, share government, and often have a common cultural and historical heritage.” National can be defined as “of, pertaining to, or belonging to a nation. Peculiar or common to the people of a nation.” When understanding these two words and combining them, the definition of a national community can be defined as a large community of people who live within the same region... [tags: United States, Sociology, Virtual community]
1031 words (2.9 pages)
- What is the greatest innovation of the twentieth century. The web. Something about this cobweb just captures the imagination of anyone who gets a glimpse of the possibilities made available. This has led to people spending more and more time online. It has altered the very way that civilization conveys basic day-to-day information. College students today have had easy access to the internet their entire lifetime. Nevertheless, the disadvantages of this popular time passer are steadily increasing, as the price for this activity we call ‘surfing the web’ has evolved into more than just the currency and time we spend each passing day.... [tags: Greatest Innovation, Internet, Technology]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- The world today revolves around social media. Almost everyone has some kind of social media outlet that allows them to communicate with the outside world. Social media is so prevalent now that even businesses have turned to social outlets to attract customers. Observations made in this project were made through the use of social media. The observation made in this project is to show how social media is a virtual community and it allows people to express themselves however they want, social standing in the community, and how people are always connected through social media.... [tags: Social media, Sociology, Virtual community]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- Introduction Globalization is forcing the world to interact as countries, regions, businesses and even individuals and this has made it possible for organizations to hire employees from different parts of the world who have their unique differences in both national cultures and individual backgrounds. Globalization in businesses have also made it necessary for managers to encounter issues of cultural adaptation and conflicts in communication arising from multicultural teams (McLean & Lewis, 2010, p.... [tags: Organizational Issues]
1039 words (3 pages)
- As the Internet changed the way people live: how they do shopping, organize their vacations, do school researches, social media changed the way in which people communicate and interact with each other. Through the use of social media people can express their ideas and thoughts, can share photos and videos and comment them. Social media became a place that provides a great opportunity to communicate with a large number of people not only for individuals, but also for companies. (http://www.parl.gc.ca/content/lop/researchpublications/2010-03-e.htm) Facebook was founded in 2004 and since then it’s the most popular social networking site.... [tags: commercial communication]
1078 words (3.1 pages)
- Marketing based on social networks refers to a collection of marketing activities that take advantage of social relationships between consumers to increase sales. There are different kinds of marketing using social networks like word-of-mouth marketing, diffusion of innovation, buzz marketing and viral marketing . Between these instances of network-based marketing, Word-of-mouth marketing has more creditability , because there is no direct link between the sender and the merchant. As a result, information is considered independent and subjective.... [tags: Business, Marketing]
866 words (2.5 pages)