The burn of the hot steam piercing my skin. It was an average feeling of working in a coffee shop, but this time it was worse because I had a good amount of customers lined up. So scalding myself with hot steam happened more than just once within that hour of time. It was becoming an annoyance more than a pain. Usually mornings are not as busy for a small coffee shop located on one of the main roads of town. I also never worked mornings except for Saturdays so this was new for me. I was shaking as if everyone was watching me just in the opportune moment I would mess up so they could criticize my work. It did not help that my manager was standing right next to me. At least I knew how to make complex drinks that required multiple ingredients. About a half of year ago I did not have the knowledge to even steam some basic milk.
Around the end of October of the year 2015 I remember walking in my first day to Parengo Coffee. I was greeted by the owner’s father, Larry Williams, which had a good relationship with most of the employees. He was a short, stocky man with that generic thin white hair that older people tend to have. As I kept walking towards the back of the counter the smell of roasted beans filled the air and it was a pleasant smell to the people who enjoy coffee. I was excited yet a little overwhelmed to be working at a coffee shop that I would regularly visit on a weekly basis. Most of the excitement was because I knew my manger very well. Her name is Baley Griswell. She and I went to high school together, but she graduated a year before I did. She is around five feet four inches tall, broad, light skin and always came into work with a new hair color every month. With her good sense of style she added a...
... middle of paper ...
...ve to do later. I grabbed the slightly moist jug of milk from the fridge and filled as many pitchers as I could to prepare myself for the work I had laid out in front of me. I pulled every single portafilter from their locations and ground the coffee beans into them. After snugly relocating them to their spots on the espresso machine I slid the shot glasses under them. I grabbed my first pitcher of milk and began steaming it. After I was finished I took a good satisfying look at my milky creation. The milk was silky and had the smallest bubbles. The milk was perfect, and so was every single other pitcher of milk I made for the rush of customers. As I popped the lid on the last hot drink I felt relieved to have completed everything. At the end of the day I was cheerful of my own accomplishments and even my manager, Baley, congratulated me on my hard work for the day.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Informative Speech: The History of Pluto Specific Purpose Statement: By the end of my speech my audience will be able to explain the history behind Pluto becoming a planet and in turn losing its planetary status. INTRODUCTION: Attention Getter: Growing up learning about the planets my first grade teacher told me, “My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pies” was a way to remember the order of the planets. Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto. Apparently now teachers teach it as, “My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nachos”.... [tags: Informative Speech]
1112 words (3.2 pages)
- General Purpose: To inform the audience about the cause, affect and ways to manage stress. Specific Purpose Statement: The audience will learn what causes stress and how stress can affect their health, and how they can manage their everyday stress with different techniques. INTRODUCTION Attention Getter: Life is like a huge roller coaster, a journey full of twists and turns, and ups and downs. And sometimes in this journey there arises various situations where one is unable to deal with these turns, let alone have the energy to face the ups and downs.... [tags: Informative Speech]
893 words (2.6 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To invite my audience to explore the advantages, disadvantages, and the alternatives associated with breed specific legislation. Thesis: Breed specific legislation is a controversial topic in which I am very interested and would like to explore both sides of the issue to perhaps learn something new. Pattern of Organization: Multiple Perspectives Introduction I. [Attention Getter] Imagine you were told you couldn't do something or live somewhere for the sole reason you looked dangerous.... [tags: Informative Speech]
743 words (2.1 pages)
- Illegal Drugs Informative Speech Introduction: Marijuana, cocaine, heroin, PCP, speed, shrooms, crystal meth, and angel dust are all types of illegal drugs. What is an illegal drug. An illegal drug is something and often a substance that causes addiction, habituation, or a marked change in consciousness. Body: I. Illegal Drugs The use of illegal drugs in the United States is considered by some to be the biggest problem in our society. Over 40% of high school seniors use some kind of illegal drug, and in a recent 1999 National Household Survey on Drug Abuse showed that the three most common drugs are Marijuana used by 11,100,000 people, Cocaine used by 1,500,000 people, and inhalants... [tags: Example Informative Speech]
549 words (1.6 pages)
- Specific Purpose: I want my audience to know how they can improve their bowling scores the next time they go out on a Friday night. Organizational Pattern: Informative Introduction I. Attention-Getting Device: How many of you guys think that you are the world's worst bowler. I bet you didn't know that the lowest game ever bowled by a man on ABC men's league is two. Mike Kappa, of Racine, Wisconsin, accomplished his outrageous score by throwing 18 gutter balls. However Richard Caplette, of Danielson, Connecticut, who threw nineteen in one game, holds the record for the most gutter balls.... [tags: Informative Speech]
780 words (2.2 pages)
- Intro: Hello my name is Nick and I am giving my speech on Alzheimer’s Disease. I was thinking of what I could do for a speech. Then I thought I wanted to inform people on something that little know about. Then it hit me. Alzheimer’s Disease it has affected my life so much and I know so much about it. So I am going to tell you how it has affected my life in more ways than one. Before I start I want you to imagine something. Look around you know everyone right. All these faces you see practically see everyday take all that you know about them and forget it.... [tags: Informative Speech]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To inform my audience about the Fokker Triplane Introduction This speech is about a particular type of aircraft made famous for its use by the Red Baron of Germany in World War One. Many people know that the Red Baron was a real person from history. Others may only know him as an adversary of Snoopy from the comic strip Peanuts, or as a ghost-like magic man dreamed up by lonely housewives hungry for a particular brand of frozen pizza.... [tags: Example Informative Speech]
1294 words (3.7 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To inform the audience about the criteria for becoming a blood donor I. Introduction A. As you sit in a classroom at the Community College, you may not think that saving a life is something you could do today, but, in fact, it's quite easy to do. 1. The first thing that may come to mind is some sort of emergency rescue. 2. The easiset way to save a life is blood donation. a. done in less than 1 hour b. relatively painless c.... [tags: Example Informative Speech]
717 words (2 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To inform my audience how to insure their safety, and the safety of others, while on the road Introduction Automobiles. You just have to have one in this fast paced world. In the United States automobiles are necessary. People need to move from point A to point B. These points can be as close as a few hundred feet or even range up to a few hundred miles. When making these trips safety is a priority. There are hundreds of thousands of automobiles on the roads across the nation and if safety was not considered, thousand would be injured or even killed daily.... [tags: Example Informative Speech]
1443 words (4.1 pages)
- Specific Purpose Statement: To inform my audience about the production of chocolate Central Idea: Explain how cocoa beans are processed to produce the chocolate we all know and love Method of Organization: Chronological Visual Aid: Before my introduction and before class begins, I will have a chocolate collection for people to choose from as a snack. It will not be handed out during my speech so that it will not distract others.... [tags: Example Informative Speech]
1390 words (4 pages)